Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• In fairness to the guy who originally set it up, it was meant as a joke and he didn't actually think it would get approved - and he's said that any money that is raised is going to charity.

That said, the fact that we have so many ''fans'' who actually think this kind of thing is a good idea, and that mocking and humiliating a 21 year old with a lot of pressure on him is somehow funny... well it says quite a lot, and none of it good.
  • cfgs said:

Whilst he has been poor that fan is a prize plum. At some point in three tournament we may need him and I would prefer it if he wasn'the totally dejected.

Why, has the kit man got a health problem?

In seriousness he has been poor and shouldn't even be in the squad. And whilst this page was clearly a joke I agree it's stupid.
    Although for people to moan "we get what we deserve" somehow suggests we are alone in this fan whining and bad compared to others. Some blinkered fans out there.
  • DRAddick said:

cfgs said:

Whilst he has been poor that fan is a prize plum. At some point in three tournament we may need him and I would prefer it if he wasn'the totally dejected.

In seriousness he has been poor and shouldn't even be in the squad. And whilst this page was clearly a joke I agree it's stupid.
    Although for people to moan "we get what we deserve" somehow suggests we are alone in this fan whining and bad compared to others. Some blinkered fans out there.
    Blooming phone. You are right all fans moan and are never happy.
  • DRAddick said:

cfgs said:

True, I should have said "as football fans". Point taken
  • cfgs said:

Yeah come the Qatar 2022 World Cup he might worth taking!!
  • Swap him for Harriott
  • Sterling has been dire, but I agree that this kind of stunt isn't great for his confidence at a time when we may need to call upon him. It would be a bit healthier if we could do the autopsy when our chances are already dead!

That said, what a brilliant idea. Nearly £1,400 raised for a palliative care provider now. What started as a bit of a laugh will hopefully do some good, and has probably got a lot of exposure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Social media at it's worst.
  • edited June 2016
    Whilst I agree he has been poor this tournament, but we might still need him and he could be what we need. So a ridiculous act by the fan, even if a joke.
    I read before they went out to France that Sterling was seeing Dr Steve Peters, author of 'The Mind Management Programme for Confidence, Success and Happiness.' He has worked with lots of top sports men and women who need to find their confidence again. So clearly he is struggling and does not need such a lack of support. At the end of the day, we are all people who want to succeed and be happy, not publically ridiculed.