Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sidemen

So I'm sitting here in Southamptons stadium with my son and 14,000 screaming kids watching a match between a bunch of YouTube Fifa 16 players...wtf! Apparently one of those blokes has just bought a Lamborghini!!!!!

Comments

• My friend took her kids to you tuber concert Monday. 115 each a ticket and deafening screams from 12 till 8.
  • Nug said:

So I'm sitting here in Southamptons stadium with my son and 14,000 screaming kids watching a match between a bunch of YouTube Fifa 16 players...wtf! Apparently one of those blokes has just bought a Lamborghini!!!!!

I may be naive, but I'm convinced I could beat those pro players. I've been playing footy games since before Emlyn Hughes International Soccer dammit!
  • Worked with a Russian guy who used to be a professional Counter Strike player.. Just plain weird.
  • LuckyReds said:

Worked with a Russian guy who used to be a professional Counter Strike player.. Just plain weird.

You don't like/understand it therefore its weird. Yep good one.
  • Loads of money in it.

World's changed since Gamesmaster.
  • Went to school with two of the sidemen. They were 2 years above me but I still chat to one of them, Zerka on Twitter now and then.

They really have smashed it, he has over a million subscribers on his second channel. Just started off filming himself playing call of duty I think and went from there. The money they have made is insane.

Although KSI (who didn't go to my school) his rise is astronomical from making Fifa videos in his bedroom. He is literally worth millions and still in his early twenties. I think he was doing some sort of punditry for bt sports on the champions league final!

Hats off to them all.
  • KSI done really well, he is now a performing artist as well.

Not part of the Sidemen. But another gamer youtuber, PewDiePie, makes approx £7million per year.
    Even people like ThatcherJoe & Caspar who just vlog there lifes make a lot of money and just go all over the world documenting their daily routines. Madness.
  • 5,000 kids just stormed the pitch, Southampton totally unprepared mayhem!
  • Crazy the money that can be made on YouTube.

Supposedly when you reach a million subscribers each one is worth 20 cents through advertising.

KSI has almost 13m subscribers. That's approx £1.7m a year from his channel before considering he's released music, a film and a book plus all the other paid for public appearances he does.

Fair play to them. If I wasn't a boring fucker and knew the first thing about editing I'd give it a go.
  • One of the Sidemen and his younger brothers play for Teviot and another 'sideman's younger brother is a Charlton fan as he proudly kisses the badge to an audience of over 4,300,000 and counting in one of their crossbar challenge videos.

Must say that i've grown out of their sort of humour but occasionally find myself watching the odd sideman video after reading up on how much they have made in such a short space of time. They are all set for life and most not even in their 20's yet.

Having said that its known that they all often donate to various charities and I believe that all profits from the game tonight go to the saints foundation.

Fair play indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

5,000 kids just stormed the pitch, Southampton totally unprepared mayhem!

Did you see CatJnr? He took his "we want our Charlton back" banner and told me he went on the pitch and paraded it ☺
  • Most of them are millionaires or not far off it. Ridiculous money in it.
  • CatAddick said:

Nug said:

Did you see CatJnr? He took his "we want our Charlton back" banner and told me he went on the pitch and paraded it ☺
    Didn't see that, would have made my day. They raised £100,000 and could have sold the stadium out, it was only half open but apparently people were desperate for tickets. The game was broadcast live on YouTube and 4 million subscribed this is what my 10 year old son tells me anyway!
  • Good Luck to them. Very Impressive.

But who are they?
  • Whoosh
  • Ah hem.....(whispers)...who are sidemen?
  • I also have no clue what all this is about. Thought it was just me. (Sigh of relief)
  • Nug said:

CatAddick said:

Nug said:

Didn't see that, would have made my day. They raised £100,000 and could have sold the stadium out, it was only half open but apparently people were desperate for tickets. The game was broadcast live on YouTube and 4 million subscribed this is what my 10 year old son tells me anyway!
    It was his first 'solo' trip with his mates as they all watch the sidemen and its only 30 mins from us (they're 14/15). He had his banner hung up all match and somebody on the fan facebook group posted a picture of it but I dont belong to that group so cant link. His next outing is planning to take it to the SL T20 at the Rose Bowl but they'll only be the two of us so might be a bit more tricky to display. Watch out at midwicket....
  • I take it they're the men on the sides and not in the middle??
  • Ah hem.....(whispers)...who are sidemen?

Bunch of young blokes who make youtube videos of them playing video games and generally larking about. They have got millions of followers and have got very rich through advertising and sponsorship
  • Sponsored links:

• Onlyme said:

I take it they're the men on the sides and not in the middle??

Ah, ok, i get it.
  • CatAddick said:

Nug said:

CatAddick said:

Nug said:

It was his first 'solo' trip with his mates as they all watch the sidemen and its only 30 mins from us (they're 14/15). He had his banner hung up all match and somebody on the fan facebook group posted a picture of it but I dont belong to that group so cant link. His next outing is planning to take it to the SL T20 at the Rose Bowl but they'll only be the two of us so might be a bit more tricky to display. Watch out at midwicket....
    Cat, i'm gonna be at the Rose Bowl on June 17 - let me know if thats the one you'll be at and i'll come over if i see the banner and say hello.
  • CatAddick said:

Nug said:

CatAddick said:

Nug said:

Cat, i'm gonna be at the Rose Bowl on June 17 - let me know if thats the one you'll be at and i'll come over if i see the banner and say hello.
    SL game is 5th July. Not sure about blast game on 17th as I might need to be elsewhere. If I'm around and the weather's fine we'll probably go. If we do I'll make sure he brings the banner and ping you!
  • So these guys have you tube videos of themselves playing FIFA or games or just of their lives. I get that. But why would you want to go and see them play football? Is it just a celebrity thing?
  • So these guys have you tube videos of themselves playing FIFA or games or just of their lives. I get that. But why would you want to go and see them play football? Is it just a celebrity thing?

It was kids that went really, I imagine a boys version of a One Direction concert. Still they raised £100,000 for charity. One bloke 'miniminter' scored a great goal from the halfway line a la Beckham but generally poor quality, but guess that's not the point.
  • I still don't quite get it.... i understand what they do as I've seen the odd video of them but why the name sidemen?
  • I still don't quite get it.... i understand what they do as I've seen the odd video of them but why the name sidemen?

I believe it was a 'in' insult when they first got friendly as they were the guys that were left on the side of the popular group - kind of ironic now given how many kids follow them
  • cheers cat
  • Looks as if they’re going to sell out The Valley again this September! 

• Yeah, triple turnover, bring it on!