Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Adebayor

If any young footballer wants a role model as to how to make the most (financially anyway) of your talent, I'm sure that they could find no better an individual than the one and only Emmanuel Adebayor.

Absent with an without leave at Spurs, sometimes with body, sometimes with mind, a lot of times with both he has "succeeded" in finding the net just 19 times in League games in the last four years. Pardew, when he got him on a free, must have thought he had had a right "touch".

So what did he bring Palace? Well one goal in 15 games for a start. Then, in 12 League games in which he featured, just four points and not a single win. With that sort of influence, it's a massive shame the Eagles hadn't agreed a deal back in July for him.

All in all, he must have cost Spurs and Palace between them between £15m-£20m. Where else can anyone earn so much for doing so little?

Now I've had my rant, watch him get the winner in the Cup Final now!

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Only out done by that great Chelsea stalwart Winston Bogarde, 9 appearances for Chelsea but opted to stay as nobody would pay him as much as those idiots were.
  • i think chRLES N'ZOGBIA wins this. £60k barely kicked a ball inanger for 2 years
  • cfgs said:

Only out done by that great Chelsea stalwart Winston Bogarde, 9 appearances for Chelsea but opted to stay as nobody would pay him as much as those idiots were.

9 games in 4 years. I'm sure he went 3 of those seasons without playing a single game on 40k a week and then let his contract expire and retired.
  • Sean Wright-Phillips at QPR was another one out of the same pod.

But...if you want a big squad to cover injuries, you can end up with players like this.
  • I have a feeling that, like other african based players, adebayor is a bit older than he lets on. Obafemi martins is another who's talent nosedived for seemingly no reason when he should've been hitting his prime.
  • edited May 2016
    Good on him if these stupid clubs are willing to pay well known greedy lazy bastards like Adebayor they deserve to mugged off.
  • In 4 years time we will be able to add Nabby Sarr to this list. 5 years at Charlton, played a handful of games in his first season and then played in the reserves for the next 4. Club couldn't move him on as he was on a 5 year contract at wages that caused all interested buying clubs to burst into laughter when they heard what he was being paid.

Well done Squirrel Face.

• i think chRLES N'ZOGBIA wins this. £60k barely kicked a ball inanger for 2 years

i'd completely forgotten him. still at Villa???
  • I think Adebayor is one of those that have shown enough in flashes to make managers think they are worth the gamble to get it more often. With him though, it's a very expensive gamble to take.
  • He might be on pay as you play for all we know...probably not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Winning goalscorer in the cup final.

Statue outside Sainsbury's

Written in the stars