Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriott (ed. Charged with rape)

edited July 2021 in General Charlton
Hi, Just sharing a video I made showing highlights of Callum Harriotts time here and at Colchester, Unfortunately I think his time with us may be coming to an end but if we could keep him would be great as hes scored some great goals in league 1 (Shown in video)

Thanks for watching and look forward to hearing your thoughts

Comments

• I was hoping thought you were going to say he had remove Charlton from his Twitter account
  • Also, saw him leave the ground very early after the match on Saturday. Not sure if there's anything to read into that or if it's normal for an end of season match.
  • Skilful, pacey but (in a footballing sense) a brain the size of a peanut. And fragile confidence. I like Calum but I suspect league 1 is his level. Will be happy if he stays but unbothered if he goes.
  • What...what is that music?
  • Seemed to be someone Riga was able to get the best out of but as stated above League One is probably his level so would be good if he does sign a new contract and is here next season.
  • Skilful, pacey but (in a footballing sense) a brain the size of a peanut. And fragile confidence. I like Calum but I suspect league 1 is his level. Will be happy if he stays but unbothered if he goes.

He performed consistently at Colchester and is still relatively young. Could some of these failings such as fragile confidence be improved with experience and greater mental toughness?

He performed consistently at Colchester and is still relatively young. Could some of these failings such as fragile confidence be improved with experience and greater mental toughness?
    Not sure mental toughness is something you teach. You've either got it or you don't. Not sure either if an old school manager is what Calum will needs either. Think he needs more of an arm round the shoulder and tell him he's Messi (sorry) sort of guy. From what little I know of Wilder, I suspect he's more of a boot up the arse sort of motivator.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Calum but I suspect league 1 is his level.

Lucky we are in league 1 then.

Not sure mental toughness is something you teach. You've either got it or you don't. Not sure either if an old school manager is what Calum will needs either. Think he needs more of an arm round the shoulder and tell him he's Messi (sorry) sort of guy. From what little I know of Wilder, I suspect he's more of a boot up the arse sort of motivator.
    Agree that you can't teach it but I'm just wondering if perhaps a bit of time and experience can yield greater mental strength. Nick Pope has been a completely different player recently for example.
  • Awful sound track, great video.
  • edited May 2016
    Was that Callum's come and buy me scouting video?
  • Cheers for feedback, Have muted the soundtrack now and agree that he needs confidence. Performed pretty consistently at Colchester though.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Awful sound track

I'm surprised @Dazzler21, I had you down as an original Junglist!

Agree that you can't teach it but I'm just wondering if perhaps a bit of time and experience can yield greater mental strength. Nick Pope has been a completely different player recently for example.
    I don't know whether you teach it or not but it's certainly something that comes with age and experience. He's just turned 22, which is easy to forget because he's been around the first team since he was so young. I'm a bit in the middle of the two camps on him but I think he's definitely worth keeping in League One. From seeing him up front against Ipswich and Millwall last year to watching his performances toward the end of this year, even if he still lacks an end product or some decision making he's definitely improved immensely. He takes up better positions, works harder, gets on the ball more, and gets his head up more.
  • se9addick said:

We'd be very silly to let him go:

- He's been ok since he came back from loan (which, trust me, is a compliment on this team)
    - Even though he's only just 22 he has over 100 senior appearances
    - He was a standout player on a truly abysmal League One team earlier this season
    - I doubt he costs a lot. One of our biggest issues in recruitment in recent years has been to spend whatever budget we have on first team players meaning the squad is paper thin and injuries devastate us. Keeping a solid, versatile, squad player that won't cost the earth is sensible.

All excellent points, and I'd add on that he's an academy product, which shouldn't be a sole deciding factor, but is certainly nice. Also, he's a player who in form, can be explosive. Short of him wanting away it'd be strange to let him go.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's only his weaknesses that have meant he is still with us. He needs more experience and more composure, everything else is already in place. We've got another gem on our hands but we'll only appreciate him when he's gone. Then all the usual humble pie threads will start, but by then it's too late.
  • edited May 2016
    Chunes said:

Interesting to hear some saying that he's mentally weak. Even with the masses of abuse and groans he puts up with, he never hides from the ball and he always keeps going and keeps trying things. It's quite the opposite. Many other players have folded under the poison that comes out of our stands.

You can see in that video how well he sees the game and picks out a pass. Some of them are spectacular. So how he can be described as having "the brain of a peanut", I do not know. I'm troubled to think there's something else going on there.

I hope he leaves us because he'll do better where the Stepover Police aren't in such full force.

What exactly did you have in mind please?
  • Chunes said:

Interesting to hear some saying that he's mentally weak. Even with the masses of abuse and groans he puts up with, he never hides from the ball and he always keeps going and keeps trying things. It's quite the opposite. Many other players have folded under the poison that comes out of our stands.

You can see in that video how well he sees the game and picks out a pass. Some of them are spectacular. So how he can be described as having "the brain of a peanut", I do not know. I'm troubled to think there's something else going on there.

I hope he leaves us because he'll do better where the Stepover Police aren't in such full force.

What exactly did you have in mind please?
    Obviously if you don't like Callum Harriot you are a racist.

Thank God Katrien Meire is just an a) foreign b) woman. If she was a Syrian transgender homosexual disabled Muslim we would have people on here wanting her to manage the team and play in it as well, as they compete for who can be the most liberal.

• Immediately after returning from his loan stint at Colchester he looked brilliant, and had a very real effect in The Championship. He's proven at League One level to boot.

Letting him go would be a ludicrous decision.
  • I was hoping thought you were going to say he had remove Charlton from his Twitter account

Also, saw him leave the ground very early after the match on Saturday. Not sure if there's anything to read into that or if it's normal for an end of season match.

If I remember rightly he went missing about the hour mark.

Not a fan of his at all, but he will do well in league 1 and I'd expect at least 10 - 12 goals from him.
  • I think the reason he gets groans is that we know he has bags of ability, but if there is an open net to find from 10 yards, he is more likely to miss than score. He would be best sticking with us and trying to address the issues that prevent him being a top player. I'm sure he can if he really wants to because nobody doubts the ability is there.
  • I expected this video to be at least 2 mins 10 seconds shorter than it was
  • Would be interesting to compare that video with one where he shoots badly (Brentford last season, Burnley on Saturday, etc.) or makes a totally wrong decision. I fear it would last a lot longer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!