Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman Leaving?

edited May 2016 in Rumours
Liverpool have joined the race to sign Charlton's highly rated forward Ademola Lookman, 18, who would cost around £6m.(Mirror)

Comments

• Nothing new here.........
  • Given the choice between some European 3rd div team on loan or Liverpool, I do wonder who he would choose to go too?
  • cafckev said:

Given the choice between some European 3rd div team on loan or Liverpool, I do wonder who he would choose to go too?

Aside from the increase in his bank balance.
  • cafckev said:

Given the choice between some European 3rd div team on loan or Liverpool, I do wonder who he would choose to go too?

A place where you can sleep at night not worrying if you have any wheel hubs in the morning.
  • edited May 2016
    colin1961 said:

6 mill is an excellent bit of business for a player who played half a season .....
    Get good add-ons included and a season loan back .....

Brilliant bit of business considering he has a clause of £3.5m
  • colin1961 said:

6 mill is an excellent bit of business for a player who played half a season .....

Shame it's the add ons that will make it 6mil, he will then be sold like jonjo and we will be lucky to get half of that figure
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

6 mill "Undisclosed" is an excellent bit of business for a player who played half a season .....

And who will negotiate this deal - would it be our fragrant and lovely CEO? Remind me of all her other excellent bits of business for our club. If Katrien's in charge, we'll probably get a handful of magic beans.

Under this regime, we'll never know what is paid for Lookman...

The only time they mention amounts of money, it's for players that they say they want, but never get (trying to keep the great unwashed from picking up their pitchforks and flaming torches).
  • colin1961 said:

6 million, my arse.
  • edited May 2016

colin1961 said:

What relegation?

Is Colin,Mandy from the ticket office?
  • edited May 2016
    £6 million ? .. no chance .. Callum Wilson a proven and game hardened striker went for £3 million and even Danny Ings, another well developed striker has been 'valued' by a tribunal at £6.5 million with add on clauses .. the Daily Mirror should be renamed the Magnifying Mirror .. whatever it prints needs scaling down by a factor of three ..
    Lookman is very promising, he needs to stay with us for another season at least and see how he progresses against Division 1 take no prisoner defences
  • It seems like a lot but is it ? The Sky money is now so great that 6 million for a very young English striker might not be beyond the realms of possibility even if that is staged and based on markers.
  • Good luck to him. If it's a choice between us and working with Klopp, a much larger salary and for an established premier league club, he'd be mad to say no. Klopp has also proved he's willing to blood their best young players so not as though he's going to Chelsea to rot in the reserves.
  • It's possible that is the buy out written into his contract.
  • colin1961 said:

Daisy can just copy and paste this straight into her text to whoever's negotiating for Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be true I suppose I think we are all expecting him to go. Not point in getting excited because I predict whatever we get most will go into Roland's back pocket.
  • Someone at the club told me that it's likely he'd go to Arsenal but they were hopeful that he would be back on loan.
  • Someone at the club told me that it's likely he'd go to Arsenal but they were hopeful that he would be back on loan.

Heard the same.

• shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

6 million, my arse.
    Seems very pricey for an arse.
    You not seen it then, Damien? :-)
  • Dave2l said:

6million...thanks for that shit journalism mirror.

Give Liverpool at least some respect that they know what the phrase easy bargain is. They have purchased young players from charlton in the past!

Roland would accept so much less then that and whatever money the transfer is, it will not go towards the recruitment of other players anyway.

Liverpool, easy bargain?

They paid £35m for Andy Carroll and £20m for Henderson.
  • dizzee said:

Dave2l said:

6million...thanks for that shit journalism mirror.

Give Liverpool at least some respect that they know what the phrase easy bargain is. They have purchased young players from charlton in the past!

Roland would accept so much less then that and whatever money the transfer is, it will not go towards the recruitment of other players anyway.

Liverpool, easy bargain?

They paid £35m for Andy Carroll and £20m for Henderson.
    What do Liverpool deserve respect for ?
  • no release fee in Lookman's contract according to SLP.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117782
  • no release fee in Lookman's contract according to SLP.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117782

Brilliant news if true. Be surprised though if it was anywhere near £6m. If he was to move and go out on loan, I'm sure it would be to a championship club. The boy is miles to good for league 1.