Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peaky Blinders

New series due for screening in next couple of months - have really enjoyed watching this and it has to go down as one of the best British TV series of recent years.

Comments

• It's a pity we couldn't send them over to have a word with Roland.
  • tomorrow
  • Looking forward to this
  • Great series
  • Gutted not seen the first two series as think I would have liked this
  • Best British programme I have seen for an eternity.

The funny thing is that me and the Missus has the first series on Sky Plus for about six months, before we decided to give it a go.

Now we are hooked - Cillian Murphy should win a BAFTA for his performance as Tom Shelby, such a mesmerising screen presence.
  • edited May 2016

Gutted not seen the first two series as think I would have liked this

Both on Netflix. Really worth it and you may be able to get a free month.
  • Highly recommended catching up on Netflix @AFKABartram. First month is free if you're new to it as well.
  • Love this series. Just finishing season 2. Cillian Murphy is incredible and I love Tom Hardy's performance too.
  • Highly recommended catching up on Netflix @AFKABartram. First month is free if you're new to it as well.

cheers, don't really know anything about Netflix etc. Not a fan of watching anything on computer, ipad etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Best British programme I have seen for an eternity.

The funny thing is that me and the Missus has the first series on Sky Plus for about six months, before we decided to give it a go.

Now we are hooked - Cillian Murphy should win a BAFTA for his performance as Tom Shelby, such a mesmerising screen presence.

he really is an excellent actor

cheers, don't really know anything about Netflix etc. Not a fan of watching anything on computer, ipad etc
    If you've got a smart TV you can throw (wirelessly) Netflix shows from your phone/tablet to the TV. If not buy a Chromecast stick for £25 and plug it into your TV's HDMI socket and you'll have the same Smart functionality.
  • Superb series and I watch next to no tv, but I loved this.

If you've got a smart TV you can throw (wirelessly) Netflix shows from your phone/tablet to the TV. If not buy a Chromecast stick for £25 and plug it into your TV's HDMI socket and you'll have the same Smart functionality.
    Or if you have a games console you'll be able to watch it via the app on that.

"If not". Tell me again. I don't have a smart TV in my living room. TV's pretty old so you are saying this Chromecast stick will work on that one?
  • Curb_It said:

Highly recommended catching up on Netflix @AFKABartram. First month is free if you're new to it as well.

"If not". Tell me again. I don't have a smart TV in my living room. TV's pretty old so you are saying this Chromecast stick will work on that one?
    As long as the TV has an HDMI socket and you have home broadband (at least 3-4 Mbps I guess) then it's a goer. It works really well with streaming sites/services like netflix, but less well with video files you physically have on your machine (the new Chromecast is meant to be better though). I'm a big fan.
  • I've not used the Chromecast but my Amazon firestick works flawlessly. I expect they are pretty much the same
  • Thank you. I will go and search for a hdmi socket on the old banger later.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will give it a go mainly because I think Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor so anything with him in is worth a watch but found the last series a bit too gratuitous, I'm not a wuss but when they were pulling Shelbys teeth out I had to look away. Other thing is sometimes the actors accents wander a bit Aunt Polly tends to wander down to the Transvaal occasionally I find.

Nonetheless it is quality TV and deserves another series.
  • what did everyone make of that?. for me was a little boring.
  • Trying not to give anything away – what Arthur had to do, I don’t think that was explained well. I don’t get why the guy was already there.

Yeah it was slower but it’ll set up for more exciting and eventful episodes. It’ll come good.
  • Setting the scene for the rest of the series.

I enjoyed it
  • WTF was all that about?
  • RedPanda said:

Trying not to give anything away – what Arthur had to do, I don’t think that was explained well. I don’t get why the guy was already there.

Yeah it was slower but it’ll set up for more exciting and eventful episodes. It’ll come good.

i think a deal had been set, and it was infultrated and gave the wrong code word so had to be done
  • Arthur's character is completely deranged - great piece of acting.
    Love the way it's filmed and the subtle hint of menace. Certainly my favourite series for years.
  • So agree a bit confusing and once again the BBC managed to mangle the sound sometimes it was clear other times inaudible, put the sound bar which helped. Why can't they get it right? Happy Valley all over again it ruins a great programme.

Agree about Arthur totally tonto....brilliant
  • Bored me to death watching the last couple of episodes tbh, even getting bored of all the naked birds
  • Bored me to death watching the last couple of episodes tbh, even getting bored of all the naked birds

No cricket on TV?