Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sports Personality of the Year???

Zara Phillips? AMAZING !!!

(I would)

Comments

• me too
  • C'Mon on the Saints!

and yeah, I would too
  • Who is going to tell Mike Tindall?
  • you can 1905, he would prob shoiyte himself!
  • edited December 2006
    no i wouldnt

was there really no other worthy winner?
  • Definitely!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]no i wouldnt

was there really no other worthy winner?

Don't think Darren expected himself to win, otherwise he wouldn't have turned up looking like this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/photo_galleries/6166977.stm
  • edited December 2006
    Well at least one Charlton fan won something over the weekend.
  • edited December 2006
    Darren Clarke is reported to have said he wouldn't want the title this year because he felt it would have been a sympathy vote, which to be fair, it might have been, so fair play. Those who know sport appreciate just how big he was earlier this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• yes well sympathy from the women might be in short today after reading about him shipping in a new woman 4 months after his wife's death... am sure some of you will think there is nothing wrong with this but i dont understand myself. how can you replace someone so quickly when you're supposed to be in deep mourning, surely getting your leg over is the last thing on your mind... sorry just because she's a family friend doesnt make a bit of difference.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes well sympathy from the women might be in short today after reading about him shipping in a new woman 4 months after his wife's death... am sure some of you will think there is nothing wrong with this but i dont understand myself. how can you replace someone so quickly when you're supposed to be in deep mourning, surely getting your leg over is the last thing on your mind... sorry just because she's a family friend doesnt make a bit of difference.

Yes I am sure more than a few eyebrows have been raised over that and possibly lost him votes as a result, depending on when the lines closed for voting.

However I suppose unless you are in that position it's impossible to know or judge.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]C'Mon on the Saints!

and yeah, I would too

did they win the team of the year then?????
  • Oh yeah, and Daniel Anderson got Coach of the Year. You missed Scully getting the awards

Them text were worth the money
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Oh yeah, and Daniel Anderson got Coach of the Year. You missed Scully getting the awards
    Them text were worth the money

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Gutted
    Still, I stare at his photo on my desk everyday & I cringe everytime he speaks, so maybe just aswell.

Oh when the Saints........................:-D
  • GO MARCHING IN!

You should check out the new kit for next season, with the five gold stars on it
  • zara phillips won your joking me,its not a main stream sport,made up[ of toffs,joe calzage produces one of the best perfomances a british boxer has displayed and gets beat by a horse featured royal 9in a sport noone but a few enter.must of been a fix.
  • You goign to the game at the Stoop?
  • Calzaghe would have been my choice or AP McCoy who didn't even make the top 10!

The trouble is though boxing no longer has the profile it once did on terrestial TV so Calzaghe simply isn't generally well known enough.

On the other hand horse trials, show jumping etc is always on terrestial TV because they are about the only sports Sky don't want!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]You goign to the game at the Stoop?

definately

may go up to Knowsley for the first game too as its against the Mighty Quins ;-) & am seriously considering the weekend at Cardiff, trying to drag KB & his Missus too. roll on Feb, take my mind of the football :-(
  • Just goes to show the lack of sproting talent in the UK. Most of the names on the list were a joke!

Jensen Button? Monty Panasar? WHY?
  • i think ap was more prime to win two years ago,zara phillips winning it suggests a low vote and maybe the over 70s ringing in there numbers.silly award really.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Well at least one Charlton fan won something over the weekend.

???
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Well at least one Charlton fan won something over the weekend.

???

i wondered this myself, come on addickted, spill em? (the beanz that is)
  • Bjorn Borg is a Charlton fan.
  • lol, is he really?
  • Zara Phillips....would I?......Oh yes, posh birds are really dirty...
  • And St Helens got team of the year.... how the fook did the Ryder cup team not win that?!?!