Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foods you eat strangely

Any odd ones?

I turn pies upside down - find them easier to cut open and eat that way.

I turn muffins upside down too - different reason though, it's saving the nicer top bit for last.

There's a girl at work who drinks porridge rather than using a spoon.

Have a mate who eats burgers the other way up as he reckons they are easier to pick up that way.

Comments

• Big Mac. Layer by layer
  • I used to (I do occasionally still) eat pizza by either: (a)scraping the topping off or (b) folding it over making some weird form of ghetto calzone.
    Swisdom said:

Big Mac. Layer by layer

This is the exact one I came to post!

Out of interest, just big macs though? I do it with nearly every burger, it just seems easier - plus you can make mini chip butties with the bun..

My girlfriend thought I was a nutter the first time she saw me eat a burger.
  • I know somebody who hates the feeling of certain foods on her lips. Takes her AGES to eat an apple. No idea why she doesn't cut it up first.

• There's a girl at work who drinks porridge rather than using a spoon.

Her own porridge or someone else's?

• There's a girl at work who drinks porridge rather than using a spoon.

Her own porridge or someone else's?

Her own - those just add water ones. Treats it like a cup of tea.
  • Liquorice Allsorts - the sandwich ones - gradually dissolve the outer, sugary layers in my mouth one at a time, then bite the liquorice into tiny pieces, unique!
    BTW, if anybody likes Liquorice look away now...

..... cause severe side effects including high blood pressure, low potassium levels, weakness, paralysis, and occasionally brain damage in otherwise healthy people.

Maybe I'll stick with the booze - it's safer!
  • I eat porridge straight from the packet with milk and sugar, cooked porridge makes me want to heave.
  • Sponsored links:

• My missus also thinks I'm weird because I prefer cold custard.

Hot crumble and cold custard, Mrs GA thinks I'm weird also.
  • cafcfan said:

I assume it's not strange to felch Cadbury Cream Eggs?

Strange not to if you ask me.

Hot crumble and cold custard, Mrs GA thinks I'm weird also.
    I especially love it on hot crumble too. To be fair, it's probably not just then cold custard that makes her think I'm weird.
  • Any odd ones?

I turn pies upside down - find them easier to cut open and eat that way.

I turn muffins upside down too - different reason though, it's saving the nicer top bit for last.

There's a girl at work who drinks porridge rather than using a spoon.

Have a mate who eats burgers the other way up as he reckons they are easier to pick up that way.

"Oh she sighed, where'd you learn to kiss like that? Sucking porridge through the end of a straw, I said".

Billy Howard - Bond Is A Four Letter Word
  • I lick all the flavour off any crisp I eat before eating the crisp.

I sometimes eat an orange like an apple (once peeled, I'm not that weird!)

Cut my rind off pork/lamb etc and leave it til the end, then eat it whole

• with a packet of Chipsticks, I'll hold each one horizontal to my mouth and gradually push it in with my index finger while nibbling up and down. best with salt and vinegar because you get the taste on your lips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jaffa cakes - Bite off all round the edge,peel off the orangery bit,eat the sponge then save the smashing Jaffa orange bit 'til last. Mrs thinks I'm weird and it really annoys her that I eat them this way :smile:
  • Jaffa cakes - Bite off all round the edge,peel off the orangery bit,eat the sponge then save the smashing Jaffa orange bit 'til last. Mrs thinks I'm weird and it really annoys her that I eat them this way :smile:

That's the ONLY way to eat a jaffa cake

Oreos, prise them apart, scrape all the white centre off with your teeth/tongue, eat the biscuit sides after
  • Sausages.
    Years ago I overheard a pair of herberts having a conversation about the japes they got up to working in a sausage making factory and what ended up in the sausages.
    I love sausages, but to this day I have to cut every sausage up into multiple little 1cm rounds and study each round carefully before I put it in my mouth
  • sam3110 said:

Jaffa cakes - Bite off all round the edge,peel off the orangery bit,eat the sponge then save the smashing Jaffa orange bit 'til last. Mrs thinks I'm weird and it really annoys her that I eat them this way :smile:

That's the ONLY way to eat a jaffa cake

Seconded.
  • Just eating opal fruits with the wrapper on
  • Ice Cream - I spit it in and out back onto the spoon until it's gradually gone.

Maltesers - I set myself a challenge to bite the chocolate off without breaking the crispy ball whilst it's in my mouth.

Any cake and custard - smash it all up and mix until it's a thick paste. then eat it.

Fast Food drinks - never use a straw, always take the lid off and drink.

• I used to dunk buttered toast into tea as a kid.
  • I don't do this one any more, but back when I was a student, our canteen used to sell Cadbury's chocolate ice cream choc ices. I used to bite the outer chocolate off one end, suck the ice cream out of the middle and then eat the rest of the outside. These days it's difficult to find choc ices where the outside is thick enough that it won't melt before I've finished and the ice cream is nice enough that it's worth doing, so I rarely bother.
  • Macronate said:

with a packet of Chipsticks, I'll hold each one horizontal to my mouth and gradually push it in with my index finger while nibbling up and down. best with salt and vinegar because you get the taste on your lips.</blockquote

I think this is the way you are supposed to eat chip sticks so this isn't weird