Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England squad

Comments

• pace and energy.
  • Superb goal Vardy. Both England goals top quality.
  • Clyne is the only one who I've thought has been particularly bad tonight and should be replaced, rest doing fine just playing against a better team

Would have agreed on Clyne to be honest, but did very well there.
  • Wow. What a goal.

England with flair. Who'd have thought it.
  • Clyne is the only one who I've thought has been particularly bad tonight and should be replaced, rest doing fine just playing against a better team

Would have agreed on Clyne to be honest, but did very well there.
    andyg90 said:

This cannot be England....
    Utterly ridiculous from both Kane and Vardy. It'll be criminal if Rooney starts ahead of either of them.

Sadly he probably will though.
  • Take a bow son - that was class from Vardy
  • Vardy & Kane... just wow. We cannot afford to have Rooney in this team.

please let Roy realise this. it's been a long time since we had such genuine talent up front
  • team game, can't start Rooney if we continue this form in the friendlies leading up to the tournament.
  • I'm on 2-2 at 12s before the game and jumped on England to win at 90/1 just before we scored the first so ze Germans are bound to score! We look mustard!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rooney should be history but I bet Woy starts him even if he isn't match fit.
  • Rooney shouldn't even come off the bench. There's at least 4 strikers better than him this season.
  • rina said:

Vardy & Kane... just wow. We cannot afford to have Rooney in this team.

please let Roy realise this. it's been a long time since we had such genuine talent up front
    Rooney did have talent, problem was when he had talent was also when he had a bad temper and injuries. Kane and Vardy don't get involved in histrionics and touch wood, appear to remain relatively injury free. It's genuinely exciting to see.

Just as a write this Dier picks up a yellow card (who has also been fairly solid tonight) but, has anyone noticed how many times the Germans have just taken our players out?
  • Vardy and Kane is a quality front 2. Lots of pace in this England team.
  • That Vardy goal was outrageous
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016
    What a miss. Open goal. Shame for Alli as he has had a really good game.
  • Argh, should have scored! Quality awareness from Vardy though.
  • That was unfair on Dier, given the leniency the Germans have enjoyed.

He's got proper Charlton connections as well, that lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to hand it to Roy, I hope he's admiring this as much as we are - as we simply cannot afford Rooney back into this system. Work on the defence and keep this press up, and we will be a real threat to teams unlike what we usually do and sit whilst out of possession.

Agreed - only in France this year after all so it's not going to be too hot to play a pressing game.
  • Best England have played against good opposition in a long long time.
  • Goooooooallllll
  • My god....
  • But as I was about to type... I'd take Rooney, but he can't start
  • Definitely gonna win the Euros.
  • Anyone on this pitch wearing a Tottenham or Leicester shirt for their team is beaming with confidence, best England performance in a long long long while. Even with the bad fortune of the start.
  • Deserved that, Dier.
  • Goalll!!! Amazing. Excellent half of football from England.
  • What is happening here?! It's the mismatching socks I tell thee