Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal Pledge to Potential New Owners

I will not be renewing my season ticket for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the ownership is. This is a pledge to any potential new owner that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
CAFC has great potential and a loyal fan base. This has been destroyed in a very short space of time by an incompetent owner and CEO. If relegated this season it will have been self inflicted. The appointment of the ' interim ' Belgian 3rd division manager virtually sealed our fate this season.
It is an individuals decision whether to renew their season ticket or not , but for those that decide not to do so , make your pledge along with me to renew your season ticket when this 'nightmeire' is over.

Comments

• I will not be renewing my season ticket for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the ownership is. This is a pledge to any potential new owner that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
    CAFC has great potential and a loyal fan base. This has been destroyed in a very short space of time by an incompetent owner and CEO. If relegated this season it will have been self inflicted. The appointment of the ' interim ' Belgian 3rd division manager virtually sealed our fate this season.
    It is an individuals decision whether to renew their season ticket or not , but for those that decide not to do so , make your pledge along with me to renew your season ticket when this 'nightmeire' is over.
  • edited March 2016
    I totally agree and pledge along with you. I've been a ST holder for 25+ years.

I will not be renewing my season ticket for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the ownership is. This is a pledge to any potential new owner that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
  • I will not be renewing my season ticket for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the ownership is. This is a pledge to any potential new owner that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
  • Where do I sign ?
  • What they said
  • Me and my boy too
  • Sponsored links:

• ... and my son too.
  • I will not renew for 2016-2017' but will as soon as there is a takeover.
  • DITTO

Me too.
  • Mods: could we 'sticky' this?
  • Myself and my oldest son will not be renewing this season, but will under new owners whatever division, my youngest son is also ready to come to a few games and won't be going.
  • Been going since 1968-69 but will not be renewing my season ticket come April until the incompetent duo 'running' my club have gone!
  • I'm in. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long.
  • timken said:

DITTO

timken said:

DITTO

Ditto
  • 3 lower west season tickets here that will not be renewed under the current regime that will be renewed, no matter what league we are in, after a change of owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Count me in
  • I would love to be able to say the same. Unfortunately, in all honesty, I just cannot.

I seem to have a built-in ability to cut stuff adrift completely once I have become detached from it/them.

I left school never to return for any if those reunion things; I cut ties completely with my first wife, never to speak with her again although other members of my family did stay in contact with her; I tend not to have brand loyalty; the list goes on.

So, would I come back? Maybe but I cannot guarantee it. I'm expecting that I'm going to enjoy booking holidays without checking the fixture list when it comes out (only for Sky to screw up the best laid plans). I expect to find other things to do. Who knows I might enjoy them very much more than the on-going series of miserable, cold, wet Saturday afternoons and the oft quoted Tuesday night in February at some dump up North. It might just seem like a bad dream that has ended.
    We shall see.
  • I won't renew my ST until we've got new owners. Relegation and rubbish football are not the reasons
  • cafcfan said:

I would love to be able to say the same. Unfortunately, in all honesty, I just cannot.

I seem to have a built-in ability to cut stuff adrift completely once I have become detached from it/them.

I left school never to return for any if those reunion things; I cut ties completely with my first wife, never to speak with her again although other members of my family did stay in contact with her; I tend not to have brand loyalty; the list goes on.

So, would I come back? Maybe but I cannot guarantee it. I'm expecting that I'm going to enjoy booking holidays without checking the fixture list when it comes out (only for Sky to screw up the best laid plans). I expect to find other things to do. Who knows I might enjoy them very much more than the on-going series of miserable, cold, wet Saturday afternoons and the oft quoted Tuesday night in February at some dump up North. It might just seem like a bad dream that has ended.
    We shall see.

This is a very honest and very worrying view. At the moment it is easy for everyone to say they'll definitely be back once the Belgians have gone but, if they are still here in two or three years time (the mind boggles...), will people still have that hunger? Or will they have settled into their football free weekends enjoying time with family or whatever else?

I definitely won't be renewing but it is with a heavy heart as I really do fear for the future of our club as it won't take long to lose an entire generation of fans....
  • I won't be renewing until RD has gone, unless he miraculously changes his whole philosophy. It's not impending relegation or rubbish football as I've seen both before but I can't fund his mad experiment any longer. I do however pledge to any new owner that the day a takeover is finalised I will be on the phone or down The Valley buying a new season ticket and will gladly pay full value for it however many games into the season we are. I hope it happens very soon.
  • Great thread! The Trust - in co-operation with CARD - will soon (within next two weeks or so) be setting up a register for individuals to record such pledges with their details. I'll try to remember to bump this at the time.
  • edited March 2016
    I held a season ticket from 98-2015 (and I was a member before that) and vowed not to renew until Duchatelet sells up. If a new owner arrives that is willing to put right the wrongs and manage the club in the right and proper way, I will buy a season ticket once again and turn up regularly to support the boys. I've enjoyed going to away games instead, but I miss The Valley and would return immediately if things change.
  • Great thread! The Trust - in co-operation with CARD - will soon (within next two weeks or so) be setting up a register for individuals to record such pledges with their details. I'll try to remember to bump this at the time.

Good idea - well done.