Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• I'd part with good money to see Frankie Edgar And Connor McGregor knock lumps out of each other
  • I've just watched a couple of Diaz'z fights back, he will get murdered, his technique is appalling, his footwork is non existent, and he cannot kick. Yep he's got a swingers chance but thats about it.
  • Diaz comes across as an intelligent guy in that press conference!!

He literally cannot say a single sentence with saying 'fuck' or 'motherfucker'

Not giving him much of a chance really, he's lost 3 of his last 5 and i wouldn't be surprised if another 'Mystic Mac' prediction came true and we saw a 1st round KO
  • There's a massive difference between a fit and motivated Diaz and an unfit one. Unfortunately with only 11 days notice and a guaranteed million pound purse, he won't be at his best.

Longer reach is an advantage for him though, but fitness will be the difference.

The same Diaz that fought Michael Johnson (and made him look stupid) beats Mcgregor.
  • Diaz comes across as an intelligent guy in that press conference!!

He literally cannot say a single sentence with saying 'fuck' or 'motherfucker'

Not giving him much of a chance really, he's lost 3 of his last 5 and i wouldn't be surprised if another 'Mystic Mac' prediction came true and we saw a 1st round KO

The americans lapped it up though. Don't get me on wrong, I'm all for patriotism but to cheer every word he said despite sounding like a 8 year old with Tourette's syndrome was quite embarrassing really.
  • Sounded like more were cheering for McGregor to me.
  • colthe3rd said:

Sounded like more were cheering for McGregor to me.

No way!

It was a great contrast in the press conference. You won't out wit McGreggor so just telling him to fuck off was a great tactic! He definitely isn't riled unlike a lot of McGreggor's opponents. Watch McGreggor nod in agreement at a lot of what Diaz said, McGreggor even said he has respect for Diaz.

Shame it only has a week build up as 2 months of them two trash talking would have been very entertaining.
  • colthe3rd said:

Sounded like more were cheering for McGregor to me.

No way!

It was a great contrast in the press conference. You won't out wit McGreggor so just telling him to fuck off was a great tactic! He definitely isn't riled unlike a lot of McGreggor's opponents. Watch McGreggor nod in agreement at a lot of what Diaz said, McGreggor even said he has respect for Diaz.

Shame it only has a week build up as 2 months of them two trash talking would have been very entertaining.
    Definitely won't out wit McGreggor however, check his body language/posture when Diaz first mentions steroids, around 8:41 in the second vid. McGreggor was furious! True or not, that kind of tactic along with the constant "fuck off" I agree was the best way for him to handle this conference.

In some ways, a shorter build up may be good - both fighters trash talking more frequently to get their words in during the remaining week or so, rather than 2 months of the occasional trash talking every fortnight or so.

Think McGreggor will have too much for him in the octagon though.
  • Yeah, first time I've seen McGregor rattled by a comment. That steroid one got to him imo.
  • It did rattle him, interesting to see the tide change, however, when a journalist asked him about it Diaz claimed that everyone in UFC was on steroids which neutralised the comment and settled McGreggor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised Diaz can put his hash pipe down long enough to fight.
  • Surprised Diaz can put his hash pipe down long enough to fight.

I think you're thinking of his brother Chris
  • No Nate is a smoker as well. Tbf I'm happy that the ufc is a sport that doesn't punish or look down on people that do use it.
  • Started to get excited for 196. Embedded episode 1 went up today.
  • He looks healthy at a weigh in for once image
  • Maybe Benchwarmers will shut the fuck up about him now. Obsessed.
  • Brilliant. Aldo has called him out. :smiley:
  • Ultimately stepping up 2 weight classes was bold but too much for him.

Despite what he's said, i don't see him going back to fight at 145 so Aldo can pipe down. If you've been laid out in 13 seconds you should shut up.

Think McGregor will definitely fight at UFC 200 but at lightweight, maybe against Cerrone.
  • He should go back down. He's no Welterweight!
  • Sponsored links:

• He looked gassed at the end of the first round, he needs to take things one step at a time and don't believe the hype. Well and truly humbled last night
  • McGregor picked up $10 million last night. I'm sure that'll make the defeat a bit easier to take
  • Holm v Tate was awesome
  • edited March 2016
    Glad he lost purely because he's been stupid enough to moot suggestions he could beat Mayweather in a boxing match. Idiot.
  • Plain daft for him to go up 25lbs in weight, that is a huge spike when you have been fighting at 145lbs because not only will your shots lack the power to hurt your opponent but their shots will have a lot more power in them than you are used to.

McGregor looked very sluggish at the higher weight, he has previously operated like a precision sniper but tonight fought like a slugger and that is a very dangerous game to play against a bigger man.

To put it into better context, McGregor normally fights Ricky Hattons at welterweight - tonight he fought a Nigel Benn at super-middle and that's a huge step up in power.
  • I know he has been pretty inescapable in the media lately, but I find him a lot more likeable and interesting than someone like Tyson Fury. He does come across as a humble guy who just happens to know how to make a good living.

This thread already demonstrates how people love to pick holes and celebrate a successful person being beaten though.

McGregor busted Diaz open and looked good for half of the fight. Certainly wasn't as one sided as some are making out.
  • McGergor was shaken by the increase in punch power by the increase of weight of his opponent. His mistake was then going to ground, had he stayed up on his feet he might have made it to the bell.
  • Took the first, was game over pretty much after he took the first big dig

McGergor was shaken by the increase in punch power by the increase of weight of his opponent. His mistake was then going to ground, had he stayed up on his feet he might have made it to the bell.

He went to ground though because he was rocked by the Diaz punches... That was a survival tactic that was suicidal against someone that's so good on the ground.
  • cafctom said:

I know he has been pretty inescapable in the media lately, but I find him a lot more likeable and interesting than someone like Tyson Fury. He does come across as a humble guy who just happens to know how to make a good living.

This thread already demonstrates how people love to pick holes and celebrate a successful person being beaten though.

McGregor busted Diaz open and looked good for half of the fight. Certainly wasn't as one sided as some are making out.

When Diaz started landed in was one way traffic. Why did McGreggor go for a take-down? To avoid a lost by KO? He rolled to his front and tapped pretty quickly.

If you trash talk as much as McGreggor does people will celebrate them recieving their comeuppance.
  • edited March 2016
    That's what happens when you fight Nate Diaz. Conor was expecting him to go down and he just kept on coming.

He only went to ground because he was out on his feet, the fight was over at that point no matter what happened.