Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT YESTERDAY

Please forgive me, if already posted, but did anybody hear the early team announcement yesterday, when Vaz Te and Connor McAleney were read out as playing?.

Comments

• I thought the heroes were back to be honest.
  • Yeh, brilliant. On the first read out of the teams in the stadium at about 2.25 they put no:28 up as McAleney accompanied by his picture! It nearly caught the announcer out but her recovered well.
  • LenGlover said:

The 'lessons were learned' from the Graham Moore fiasco it seems...

Unbelievable really. What is it about putting pictures up on the screen that's so difficult?
  • In the queue for the turnstyles there was incredulity that Vaz Te and MacAleney announcements that they were playing.
    Len Glover has it right to link this with the appalling Graham Moore event. Furthermore Mel Baroni apparently told the meeting on Thursday that she is in charge of this stuff.
    Now I know teams are released late in the day, but this happens every match so I don't think that would be a relevant excuse to hide behind.
    Mel knew she had the job in November, started more or less a month ago, gets paid a hefty wage so I have heard, in this instance she is not required to defend the regime, so I wonder if she will accept responsibility for her failure yesterday.
  • Will a home game ever pass without some sort of club cock up ?
  • Expecting nothing better from the comedy club at the moment. Have a look at the first team squad on the OS and play spot the missing players. Pathetic.
  • Yeh, brilliant. On the first read out of the teams in the stadium at about 2.25 they put no:28 up as McAleney accompanied by his picture! It nearly caught the announcer out but her recovered well.

I put this on the match thread at the time. The funniest bit was BDL started to read out McAleny's name from the screen, got as far as "C..." then caught himself. This just made it sound like an expletive aimed at whoever had messed up (again).
  • Does anybody at Charlton Athletic ever actually do any work, or is it basically a great big mutual support group having a massive hug all day, and moaning about their nasty critics?
  • As everyone knows, the big screen is run by students, not that it's an excuse...
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

In the queue for the turnstyles there was incredulity that Vaz Te and MacAleney announcements that they were playing.
    Len Glover has it right to link this with the appalling Graham Moore event. Furthermore Mel Baroni apparently told the meeting on Thursday that she is in charge of this stuff.
    Now I know teams are released late in the day, but this happens every match so I don't think that would be a relevant excuse to hide behind.
    Mel knew she had the job in November, started more or less a month ago, gets paid a hefty wage so I have heard, in this instance she is not required to defend the regime, so I wonder if she will accept responsibility for her failure yesterday.

Give a rest Seth.

• Makes me wonder whether we have a "mole" inside the Club who's doing his/her best to embarrass the regime ....

Now that WOULD deserve a special award at POTY !

The Moore fiasco generated massive amounts of bad publicity for the regime (far more than any protests have generated) so maybe that's the plan :smile:
  • seth plum said:

In the queue for the turnstyles there was incredulity that Vaz Te and MacAleney announcements that they were playing.

Give a rest Seth.

Eh?
  • seeing as neither player is now at the club I can see no reason why this should happen, Once a player leaves then all reference to his name should be expunged from lists, team sheets etc. If they were still here I could understand the error , but as both have left there can be NO excuses at all.
  • Just another useless student no doubt, joke club, joke leadership, joke staff.