Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Medical and Fitness Staff

Surely the club must be questioning this department??

Comments

• There's no one left !
  • No departments left at the Valley to question.
  • Answering the phones in the call centre?
  • Would question playing staff before the medical staff
  • Should be the best in the country! What other club has the NHS actually on site 24/7??
  • edited February 2016
    If any of these "long-term" injured players worked in another industry, they would have been fired long ago. Such poor support to the club. Rolly should put them on performance pay (if he could) to see how many make a remarkable recovery. Just feeling we are such an easy touch.
  • Long term serious injuries to a fair few of the squad, new players injured already from training, Igor injured again from training. I don't think you can say it's just awful bad luck! And yes the players are to blame for the lack lustre performances but how have we got so many injuries? We have no guts in the team and not seen a single tackle all season that's injury worthy so what are they all doing at sparrows lane???

• Not bringing in so many players who haven't played any football for years, or have been playing in less physical/intense leagues, or are kids taking their first steps into first team football may help the medical staff out somewhat.
  • Can anyone remember a worse season for so many injuries to so many different players?
  • Igors been injured since we bought him! Every time he recovers he plays one game and then out with another injury. Sell him!
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

Not bringing in so many players who haven't played any football for years, or have been playing in less physical/intense leagues, or are kids taking their first steps into first team football may help the medical staff out somewhat.

This 100% and a few less bottlers who don't fancy it and fake injury.
  • Some phantom injuries
  • Don't we now have a 3G pitch at training ground? Could this contribute to the injuries?
  • Someone said today Igor wants out and don't wanna play for us so prob explains why he is always injured. Jbg needs sticking on the bench it's like playing with 10 men.
  • Again surely this area needs looking at or changing! It's probably only thing that ain't been changed yet!
  • Suffice to say, there are issues with the medical staff.
  • Human nature I guess. Sickness in a business where the morale is poor is always higher than one where things are good. The players don't want to play, so a niggle - nothing major - which would be no reason to be sidelined in normal times becomes just serious enough to miss a match or two. Expect this to become worse.

A number of the players are also looking at their next career moves. Stay out of the implosion at the club, avoid end-of-season injury, get your agent hawking you round without anyone having to watch you being part of the on-field shambles that is Charlton.
  • Here's a possibily controversial view.
    Most clubs are inundated with fitness professionals and all those analytical tools.
    These people have to justify their salary. So they develop more and more ludicrous training sessions. What seems like hours of pre-match preparation and then the post-match warm-downs, ice baths and all that bollocks.
    It's no wonder players complain of too many matches and feeling knackered. Ajdarevic may actually have been able to play a whole game if he hadn't been done-in before it started!
    So, get rid of all the crap, and all the monitoring. Send the players out for a few minutes stretching and gentle jogging, then on with the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFC finally get a new Doctor to try to get
    Kashi, Diarra, Igor, and Bauer Fit.
  • I agree something defo wrong with the medical team I've never seen so many injuries. Our whole spine of the team has been missing for longer than should be. Henderson, Bauer, diarra, Jackson, cousins, kashi, Igor have all been out for some time here or there in the season. From the top to the bottom this club is a joke, we are a laughing stock! The next Blackpool, Portsmouth is springing to mind. The medical team defo need looking at, for me they are a problem. How many teams have a physio sitting on the bench thinking he is the assistant manager?? It needs sorting
  • If this was my team, or a business as it seems to be, then I'd be questioning both as to why my players keep getting injured in training and falling down on the pitch after 60 mins. Why do I have nearly a half of the starting 11 constantly injured or getting injured through nothing but over use. As far as I am aware all of the injuries sustained have not even been through a serious tackle or trauma (unless in training which we don't see). But given the fact the tossers can't tackle opponents because they bottle most tackles then I doubt they will tackle their own in training.
  • The players have no guts, they have no passion, they can't tackle, THEY WONT TACKLE, they hardly chase things down, they seem to be a yard slower then other teams!!! How the hell are they all injured???? Fitness coaches and physios etc have so far not been accounted for and I feel if we had a fitter team with less of these injuries then we wouldn't be in this position. Our great start shows that.
  • It seems that a high proportion of the injuries have been suffered during training, allegedly.
  • It seems that a high proportion of the injuries have been suffered during training, allegedly.

Maybe they should ditch the "No rules,Murder ball" from the training routine.

What the fuck are they doing in training,throwing rocks at each other?
  • The club doctor retired in January. Has he been replaced?
  • edited February 2016

The club doctor retired in January. Has he been replaced?

Don't think so and there lies another story about the recent signings of Messrs Sanogo and Fanni and their medicals I heard on the grapevine.
  • Totally agree with what you say, the team looks so slow but then I can't remember a team that's ever played with us much pace as other teams. They have looked unfit since the start of the season. Are players playing on injuries so they do not have to play? Would they do that? No different to pulling a sickie in a normal job. We are down there's no doubt about that, we need a mass clear out from the catering staff to the manager inc the players. Build a team round Bauer, Lennon, thd, solly, kashi and preferably cousins but I can't see him staying. This club needs a complete overhaul
  • edited February 2016
    If any of our 1st team need a massage Murray slaps them on the bum and sends them to the Thai place on Woolwich Road, with a £20 note in their back pocket.