Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mystery Noise in Charlton

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Okay so here goes my question - there is a very regular droning/drilling noise that I can hear from the front of my flat. It really sounds like a light plane dive bombing and goes on very early morning and most of the day. Is it underneath drilling? Any other locals hear this or am i going mad?

Tho it cant be just me as I heard it walking thru the Heights yesterday and it was much louder outside.

I know im only going to get stupid answers but still anyone know?

Comments

• Probably the French!
  • edited April 2008
    Hangover?????

Or it could be someone going on and on and on about away attendances!
  • It's probably something boring
  • tavern trying to dig his way out
  • I was going to mention something about Tavern and underneath drilling and then I thought better of it!

Headlocks and all that!
  • Could it be DLR tunnelling?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Could it be DLR tunnelling?

Not coming out that far, Woolwich Arsenal then back under the thames.
  • Yes well thats my thought Covered End as the noise is coming from the distance so thought thats possible? thats the only thing i can think of.

Watch it Spor... i know where you live!
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I was going to mention something about Tavern and underneath drilling and then I thought better of it!

Headlocks and all that!

lol i said it and you got in trouble

SORRY CURB IT COULDN'T RESIST
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I was going to mention something about Tavern and underneath drilling and then I thought better of it!

Headlocks and all that!

lol i said it and you got in trouble

SORRY CURB IT COULDN'T RESIST

I think Curb_it realised I was referrring to a different type of `underneath drilling' Nuff said! No drawings required!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes but i did also miss Ledge's comment... lol. pair of jokers! :-)
  • edited April 2008
    Funny thing Curb-It, wheni saw Tavern on saturday he said he was hearing alot of droning and whinning lately ?

Could still be drilling for DLR alot of chalk about and that would carry the noise all over. cant say i have herd if over Shootershill though.

PS are you both out and about on the 23 rd ? You can wear a shamrock ! and is Tavern allowed out on the 27th ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes but i did also miss Ledge's comment... lol. pair of jokers! :-)

bugger-
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes but i did also miss Ledge's comment... lol. pair of jokers! :-)

bugger-

That's another way of underneath drilling ........ *shocked*
  • GH - we are in liverpool on the 27th. Im sure he's allowed on the 23rd but i cant.
  • I've not heard anything, for what its worth. I reckon the DLR's too far away - is there any building work by the river?
  • It's Kelly Youga tunnelling his way to Upton park ready for next season...
  • What about the Victorian Water Main replacement down by the station?
  • And we get back ......... Jonathan the Spectre