Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Smell

Anyone else notice there was a funny smell in the air this morning?

I thought I'd trodden in sh*t on the way to the station and had to keep stopping and double checking. Could still smell it at docklands when I got to work.

Comments

• Millwall at home tomorrow?
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Anyone else notice there was a funny smell in the air this morning?

I thought I'd trodden in sh*t on the way to the station and had to keep stopping and double checking. Could still smell it at docklands when I got to work.

yep, definately was in Eltham
  • They're talking about it on Virgin Radio at the moment - apparently it's pretty widespread!
  • Yes we can smell it in rochester!!
  • oh my god, i though i was going mad!!!

what the f__ is it??

been sraying myself with deoderant and aftershave...

smelt like horse shit to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Anyone else notice there was a funny smell in the air this morning?

Got it in Dartford/Greenhithe, gassy/sulphur
  • edited April 2008
    Is it Red Ken The Bombers friend on a tour ?

Not in Hackney and Dalston (or its just that im used to it).
  • its the easterly winds - all that sh1tty smell is coming from France!!!
  • I didn't notice anything this morning in New Eltham
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes!!!!!!
    It smells of poo in Redhill this morning and it smells like the back of a rubbish truck in Egham.
  • I can't believe other people are talking about this! I said it to the Mrs when we got off the train at Charing Cross, thought someone had trod in dog sh!t as mentioned by Mr Mehmet! Wierd!
  • Weird! Cause we were talking about this waiting for the coach this morning!

It smelt like we were in the middle of a farm! (That is the polite way of saying it!) :o)
  • Slight wiff of Grass in Gravesend
  • Can't smell anything in West London.....
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Weird! Cause we were talking about this waiting for the coach this morning!

It smelt like we were in the middle of a farm! (That is the polite way of saying it!) :o)

Just say sh*te Maria :-)
    xx
  • Smells like manure in Bromley
  • could smell in it wimbledon
  • i smelt it at eltham and at cannon street, was gonna go home and get changed and have a shower, i've been keeping my distance from everyone! Relieved now everyone can smell it!
  • Nothing in Essex.
  • Sponsored links:

• From Reuters:

Environmental Scientists Investigate SE "Smell"

Scientists are today investigating a foul odour that has spread across London and the S.E. They have sourced the smell to a location in the City, believed to be AFKA's pants. One scientist in a full radiation suit commented "We believe a combination of beer, cider and Burger King last night has started a volatile chemical reaction in Mr Bartram's guts." Mr Bartram was last seen with a copy of The Sun under his arm heading for the toilets. It is hoped the air will clear soon after, but his work colleagues should leave it until after lunch.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]From Reuters:

Environmental Scientists Investigate SE "Smell"

Scientists are today investigating a foul odour that has spread across London and the S.E. They have sourced the smell to a location in the City, believed to be AFKA's pants. One scientist in a full radiation suit commented "We believe a combination of beer, cider and Burger King last night has started a volatile chemical reaction in Mr Bartram's guts." Mr Bartram was last seen with a copy of The Sun under his arm heading for the toilets. It is hoped the air will clear soon after, but his work colleagues should leave it until after lunch.

Very Good!
  • Phew. I was thinking it was me.
  • Just been on the news - apparently it's where our European farmer friends have been fertilising their fields... the strong winds have carried the smell over to us. So we're being shat on by the EU, again.
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=560495&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
  • Sadly Sco was pretty close to the truth. The mid-morning sweats were not pleasant !!
  • Wouldnt be from our farms as the industry is nearly dead.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Wouldnt be from our farms as the industry is nearly dead.

Well aren't you a bundle of happiness?!
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Wouldnt be from our farms as the industry is nearly dead.

I blame Maggie Thatcher myself.....