Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Song - Relegated with Charlton

Watching West Ham vs Villa on BT Sport.

Show a close up of Alex Song, commentator Ian Darke (I think) says 'Song knows how hard it is to stay in this division. He was with Charlton when they got relegated, they were 6 minutes from safety when Palace scored the equaliser in a 2-2 draw to send them down'.

Comments

• :neutral: bastards
  • iaitch said:

Watching West Ham vs Villa on BT Sport.

Show a close up of Alex Song, commentator Ian Darke (I think) says 'Song knows how hard it is to stay in this division. He was with Charlton when they got relegated, they were 6 minutes from safety when Palace scored the equaliser in a 2-2 draw to send them down'.

Ian Darke was the commentator that day as well, must be losing it!
  • Maybe too much pre match hospitality?
  • Yes heard that myself and thought to myself what a tosser , your suppose to know facts and figures if your in the commentating game
  • I heard that and thought that's not how I remembering it happening.
  • Commentator in 'not doing his research properly' shocker.
  • Ian Darke confirms there is a Parallel universe.
  • Ian Darke confirms there is a Parallel universe. that he is a tosser

I was fuming when I heard that! How can you get so many facts wrong in such a small sentence.

• Sponsored links:

• if anything it would have just reminded any palace fans listening that it was the other way round and THEY were 6 minutes from safety.

fine by me.
  • Was Alex Song even with us when we sent them down?
  • No but he was with us when we got relegated
  • Kap10 said:

Ian Darke confirms there is a Parallel universe. that he is a tosser

I was fuming when I heard that! How can you get so many facts wrong in such a small sentence.

Katrien Meire, understands the fans, hate gimmicks, no way is football like the cinema or a restaurant, she will do everything in her power not to succumb to fans just being customers. it must stay a organic experience where supporters views are listened to and nurtured. Ms Meire concurs that fans are for life where owners are just custodians for a limited time.
  • Scoham said:
    Interesting comments regarding money & playing time at Barca.
  • What a weird place to end up; Djibouti National Team are ranked the third worst in Africa and are 197th in the world (one place ahead of Montserrat) so cant see the standard being very high out there - It would be like Lyle Taylor saying he's off to play in the Montserrat Premier League, if there even is one
  • Scoham said:
    Yeah comes across really well...
  • milo said:
    John Fortune scored an own goal to send the Palace fans delirious and send us down - Palace were ground sharing the Valley at the time so they were especially happy. We had to all go in the away end: 24,000 in the Jimmy Seed stand - remember it like it was yesterday
    Never forgiven Fortune for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously came from a very disadvantaged background and makes no excuse about earning enough money for his family, good on him.
  • Obviously came from a very disadvantaged background and makes no excuse about earning enough money for his family, good on him.
    It's all about the wedge.
    You would know - the money you’ve got squirrelled away is obscene. 
  • Scoham said:
    Finally someone being honest about their key driver. 
  • What a weird place to end up; Djibouti National Team are ranked the third worst in Africa and are 197th in the world (one place ahead of Montserrat) so cant see the standard being very high out there - It would be like Lyle Taylor saying he's off to play sit on the bench in the Montserrat Premier League, if there even is one
    Fixed, corrected etc etc

MPL - now that's "Big School".
  • edited April 2021
    Obviously came from a very disadvantaged background and makes no excuse about earning enough money for his family, good on him.
    You would know - the money you’ve got squirrelled away is obscene. 
    Don't mention the 's' word ever again.
  • wouldnt want to be a black guy in russia, whenever i see that I know they've only moved for the money. 
  • wouldnt want to be a black guy in russia, whenever i see that I know they've only moved for the money

• Seems weird also that he retired from the national team in 2015 aged 27 to concentrate on his club career, as he's barely played any football since then
  • I kind of like when players are honest about being solely focused on money. I don't really have a problem with it; we all think we'd be loyal football obsessives if we played, but if someone offered us more than £5m a year for 5 years and we knew it was a short career we'd probably take it. I remember when Oscar left Chelsea for Shanghai he openly admitted that he went there for the money because he cared more about his family than his career. They were paying him £400,00 a week for four years. That's £83.2m. How do you not take that? It's when players try and convince the fans that they went for the challenge knowing they'll sit on the bench that annoys me. Just be honest, I don't care!