Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groves fight

Get on with it. Dying to go a bed

Comments

• Another fight dragged out to the death with bullshit chit chat
  • Bloke fought on the undercard tonight (not on tv) Craig "Spider" Richards just turned pro and won his 3rd fight out of 3 at super middle.

SE London boy and really nice fella and hoping he'll get a shot at a domestic title in next couple of years.

On another note why are Groves ring entrances increasingly like second rate west end musicals ha ha.
  • This guy looks like a walking cartoon.
  • Well I'm glad I stayed up for that...
  • Bet you're glad you stayed up for that
  • Shocking...never rated groves and he will eventually fall flat again.
  • They're rebuilding his fragile confidence. I think he will do well under McGuigan if Froch hasn't ruined him
  • 'Credit the Italian, he didn't give up'

He went down and invited the Towel to be thrown in !!!!

• Carl Frampton looks like a midget standing next to the other pundits
  • Yep, he'd was looking for the towel for a few minutes. He was rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Leon Mackenzie fighting now. Hopefully they'll screen it.

Edit... all 40 seconds of it ha ha.
  • Leon Mackenzie fighting now. Hopefully they'll screen it.

Edit... all 40 seconds of it ha ha.

He's a better boxer than he was a footballer! :smile:
  • Carl Frampton looks like a midget standing next to the other pundits

It's the same with Froch.
  • Give him a break! He's just come off the back of a pretty demoralising run of events, I thought he looked sharp and broke the (very limited) guys will the first time he hit him. He sells tickets, I don't think he's ever short-changed fans and I'd love to see him get his confidence back. He's only been with Shane McGuigan for 2 and a bit months and I doubt he's gone much beyond getting to know how his new trainer ticks.

I love watching a positive, aggressive George Groves. He's unconventional and with some jizz back in his boxing he can knock out anyone at super middleweight
  • Theres something very likeable with George big fan of his, always leaves everything in the ring and is prepared to go out on his chin,
  • Groves vs Murray would attract a big audience and would be a great fight the styles would match and it would be attractive enough for a stadium fight and I'd certainly go and see it,
  • Groves vs Murray would attract a big audience and would be a great fight the styles would match and it would be attractive enough for a stadium fight and I'd certainly go and see it,

I'd love to see him smash Andy Murray too, that's a fight I'd pay for!

I think khan v brook would struggle to pack wembley. Maybe this as a co feature would help a monster event.
  • Carter said:

Give him a break! He's just come off the back of a pretty demoralising run of events, I thought he looked sharp and broke the (very limited) guys will the first time he hit him. He sells tickets, I don't think he's ever short-changed fans and I'd love to see him get his confidence back. He's only been with Shane McGuigan for 2 and a bit months and I doubt he's gone much beyond getting to know how his new trainer ticks.

I love watching a positive, aggressive George Groves. He's unconventional and with some jizz back in his boxing he can knock out anyone at super middleweight

Agree with you once again. Think Groves is harshly judged based largely on the way he acted/spoke between the two Froch fights.

Hasn't looked the same since the first Froch fight for me but there's some real technical ability there, no doubt about it.

The Jack loss was a bit of a surprise to most so he'll now have to rebuild once again. Despite what Degale might claim in the press, I'm sure he will end up fighting Groves again. Degale has a limited following (because he's such a cock) and will know that a domestic scrap with a longstanding rival will sell tickets and put some decent money his way. Would love to see it happen in the future.
  • Degale Is the most over rated of all the British fighters, can't stand the bloke or the way he boxes,
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't like Degale but wouldn't say he's overrated. Definitely the best British Super Middleweight.
  • edited January 2016

Degale Is the most over rated of all the British fighters, can't stand the bloke or the way he boxes,

He's a world champion and earned that. And olympic gold medalist.
  • True and that can't be taken away from him or history but for me I can't stand watching him, Every time he steps in that ring I want him to get knocked out cold
  • edited January 2016
    Degale is not particularly likeable but his consistently improved over the last few years.

Groves to me is a great technical fighter but his first fight post-Froch he looked a shot fighter carrying fear. I'm not sure regardless who he works with he will ever get back to how he was for that first Froch fight.
  • Groves ko's degale Imo
  • True and that can't be taken away from him or history but for me I can't stand watching him, Every time he steps in that ring I want him to get knocked out cold

Fair enough ha ha. I don't think he's the most likeable of blokes but he is a slick fighter and has got his head down and improved since Groves beat him. Fought in Bluewater after that fight and now world champ (beating a no mug opponent) and successfully defended in Bute's back yard and has done it all quietly without real hype. Strange how Groves has gone down a different path and yet has had less success which is a shame for him.

Would be ironic if Groves Murray packed a stadium but Khan Brook didn't as mentioned above as the latter 2 have done more and had far more success in their careers. Khan's last fight was unreal and Brook's title win v Porter in the states was sterling.
  • Murray has a big following and groves fights with a style that is potentially explosive but also vulnerable to a ko so puts bums on seats,

Brook vs khan would sell seats and I think deserves headline billing with no need to pump up the attendance with a Murray vs groves undercard,

There's something very unlikeable with degale his personality is one thing, I don't like the way he fights It might be just me but I don't buy into him being the best in the division. The Bute fight was a good performance against an aging and poor Bute but he done well, I just can't wait for him to be out of the game
  • Not fan of Degale as a personality (agree he comes across as a cock) but can't agree he is overrated.
  • First time I think I've ever disagreed with @nth london addick about boxing,

I don't like Degale's style but, overrated? No chance

If anything I think he's underrated