Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many sold for QPR

edited April 2008 in Match Day Travel
does anyone know how many tickets we have sold for QPR? seeing Hulls support at Barnsley should inspire us charlton fans at qpr to support the team in numbers and in decibles

Comments

• but hull are buzzing were not,just under 2000 probably
  • 4000 on a tues night with the match on sky is still a great turnout and there 60 miles apart? charlton is far closer to QPR than that
  • if we had put a run together we would have sold out and maybe had a few in the home ends,but we aint doing it,but we could.
  • great turnout by hull proper away support..... when results go our way this weekend i'm sure we will bring 600 up to barnsley
  • let it go.
  • credit where credits due nolly... i'm with pards on this, our support is chuff.... we're going up!!!
  • WE AINT GOIN ANYWHERE MATE GIVE IT UP
  • DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]credit where credits due nolly... i'm with pards on this, our support is chuff.... we're going up!!!

Are you in a dark place with soft furnishings.......and walls???
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]4000 on a tues night with the match on sky is still a great turnout and there 60 miles apart? charlton is far closer to QPR than that
    as a crowe flies yes QPR is nearer but in terms of travelling time I would imagian Hulls journey to Batnsley was quicker than ours will be on Saturday its easier for our fans to go to games such as Ipswich Cochester and Watford
  • Hull had won five out of six before last night hadn't they?

When Pardew puts together a team that can do that our away support would be pretty good - I don't think there's any arguing about that...
  • Sponsored links:

• And i though supporting a team meant just that, supporting your teaam through thick and thin.
    What happened to the 'it's mathematically possible so we'll roar them on type fans?'

Our support is shocking!!!!

We had a chance on sat and we were quiet in the first half, booed our players and even though they gave a good show second half booed them off the pitch.
    It's a long shot, near on impossible but i'm still rooting for the lads until it's actually over.

If you want to see nothing but victory after victory and guaranteed success fuck off to Chelsea, Man utd or Arsenal. We are little old Charlton, always have been and always will be.

1-1 at home saturday, need the win or it's a very very slim chance and the clock say's 81 mins. To sum us up people are walking out!!! We have 9 mins plus stoppage time to get one goal and the fans are walking out!!!!

And to all those i pay my money i can boo if i want, why are you booing? is it because you can see your free season ticket slipping away or because of the performances?

As supporters we all pay our money to watch our club knowing that the outcome of the season is not certain. We pay to watch and support our club, to get behind the lads and help them on to etter things. We all know that there will be good and bad times, (hell we should know that more than most) enjoy the good and roar them through the bad.

There are some calling for a change in manager, in the board...how about a change in fans?
  • nice post drawnablank... there will be a change in fans if there's no promotion a lot will disappear!
  • I'm with you Drawnablank, shame there's not 20,000 others like us though !
  • Great posts drawnablank and afka
  • why is oohaamortimer always slagging our away support i see he is going to his i away game of the season at barnsley maybe he is going to the snooer
  • SPOT on drawnablank!

As charlton fans you shouldnt need 5 or 6 wins in a row behind us to motivate you to go to a game because like drawnablank said not many teams do that.

i dont buy all this...our travelling time is longer crap! ITS A LONDON DERBY. qpr who at the time of playing us were roughly 18th brought 2500 fans.

WE HAVE NO EXCUSE for a low turnout
  • Drawnablank how about you take a reality check on life. Let me point a few things out to you.

As you get older and start to take things on in life such as mortgages and families, as well as Labour goverment who bring in more stealth taxes than any other previous goverment, sadly luxuries such as going to an away game have to take a back seat. Some of us have to budget for hte month

Please dont talk to me about going to away games, i have been to more away games in my lifetime, and when i was going to Tranmere,Bradford,as well as many other northern games on a Tuesday night, why should people justify going to watch a the match on Saturday with a team which is going through relegation form.
    Perharos the power to be should look at themselves rather than blaming the fans, these are the same fms that raised money for the club to get them back to where you can watch them today,and even cleared the ground.

The thought of free season slipping throgh my grasp doesnt mean fans are booing. Is it the fact they can see their team getting turnt over by a team with less talent but more guts and passion,It wouldnt bother me what team we had or what division we were playing in, considering i have had a season ticket every year since 1977 and will continue to do so next season.

The current crop of players apart from the odd few (IMO) do not give a feck for the club, and will have no problem in leaving the summer, they are money men, and not club men,yes football has changed and who can blame tthem for going where the money is, but whilst at this club,give your all and dont give us the crocidle tears if we lose.
    The club has to move on, and has to get rid of the big time charlies, Pardew stated at the start of the season this is a tough league, and he has had the experience of previous campaigns with previous clubs, then to rub salt into a gapping would he states this week, that we need four to five players to add more steel in the team, then why didnt you do that last pre season instead of wasting more money and time.

There are alot of floating fans at the club,and if they go they go who cares,but remeber that the club will suffer as the money from the floating fans will not come in therefore not enabling the club to buy the players to get promotion.

I am sorry if you dont like what you read, but i am just trying to put things into context here, and i think there have been some bad decisions made at tthe club over the last two and a half years in which has affected the club, the staffing, and morale of everyone conected with Charlton
  • to be fair to drawnablank he didnt make his post personal. Yes people can not go to every game due to financial reason, other commitments but 3000 fans out of the 23000 average we have this season is not alot to ask. Especially at a time when we are STILL (YES WE ARE STILL) chasing a playoff spot.
  • WIWLB, why do you always have to take what people post generically personally ?

Those reasons you post are not unique to Charlton, we are not the only group of people in society suffering from stealth taxes. 9th in the Championship, we are not the only group to have a disappointing season.

you posted yesterday you didn't think it was worth it spending £100+ on Saturday. That is purely your choice, if you want to spend it getting wrecked. If you want to go because you want to go to the game, and have a few beers in the process, it can be done easily in less than half that. So the whole price of the whole day will be the same as a Chelsea or Arsenal away ticket.
  • I too have a family, the missus and i have a young son who we have responsibilities for, I also have a bills and mortgages to pay.

I understand you may have responsibilities that hold you back from away games, it does me at times aswell and you may well have gone to many long northern midweek games but my point still remains.

Whether there have been bad decisions or players have been playing for the cash, the state of the game has changed and that we're getting turned over by lesser teams due to guts and passion, the fact is we are still supporters and should get behind the team, whether thats roaring them on at home or going to every away game!!! Like I said, we all know there would be good and bad times, enjoy the good and roar them through the bad!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Our hardcore fan base isnt that big, and we are not a club that has had times that has enabled us to generate a big following or big fan base, with a large catchment area, clubs that have had success in the past still recieve a good away following such as:
    Soton( Cup winners in the 70's)
    Norwich (Good times in Europe, as well as a large catchment area)
    Ipswich (Great times in the 80's as well as huge catchment area)
    Wolves (history points to aa big club)
    Palace ( had good times in the 80's)
    QPR ( A good team in the 70's)

We may see a increase in the next five years of away fans due to the amount of new young fans coming to the club in the last eight to ten years, they will then be young men with disposal income, and may then begin to go to away games

[quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Those reasons you post are not unique to Charlton, we are not the only group of people in society suffering from stealth taxes. 9th in the Championship, we are not the only group to have a disappointing season.

This country under this current goverment has incurred more taxes than any other goverment, its also a fact that the current economy is on its knees,and that people are finding ends hard to meet.

you posted yesterday you didn't think it was worth it spending £100+ on Saturday. That is purely your choice, if you want to spend it getting wrecked. If you want to go because you want to go to the game, and have a few beers in the process, it can be done easily in less than half that. So the whole price of the whole day will be the same as a Chelsea or Arsenal away ticket.[/quote]Spending £100 doesnt mean you generally would get wrecked, if that all it costs you then lucky you, the price of a ticket, getting to the game, food, programme, beer,cab home, before you know it a oner has crept up on you, my point is if i do decide to go to a game, i am more comfortable knowing i can budget for it, as well as not worrying about how much i have left.....
  • who else is in upper
  • Actually QPR brought 1830 to The Valley, which is less than we will take to a meaningless end-of-the-season game on Saturday - meaningless because whatever the maths we have won twice in 12 games and the probability of us winning the next three is zilch.

As for the economy, if you think it's on its knees at the moment you must have been born yesterday, because some us remember hyperinflation, mass unemployment, double figure interest rates and wholesale house repossessions in the 1970s, 1980s and 90s.

Much as the media would like you to believe otherwise, we are nowhere near that at present.
  • And so speaks the man in the know.

Once again AB, thanks for clearing up the QPR figures etc.
  • And if this game was on SKY at 12.45 I am sure we would have still taken the same numbers....
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite] Much as the media would like you to believe otherwise, we are nowhere near that at present.

And thank you for a the first sensible quote re the econamy and housing market i have heard this week...

Does my head in!

GGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • and QPR were flying high in the league at the time of the live fixture with average gates of 13k
  • Go back to your morning personality!
  • sorry more drugs and alcohol please....
    yep that's a good turnout and more than we bought to chelsea and spurs last year so our away crowds are cetainly ticking up and we should be proud of that fact rather than running them down at any given opportunity;-)
  • 'As for the economy, if you think it's on its knees at the moment you must have been born yesterday, because some us remember hyperinflation, mass unemployment, double figure interest rates and wholesale house repossessions in the 1970s, 1980s and 90s. '

So isnt it about time that another party other than the labour and conservative party to be installed to govern then ? Shame that roughly only 25% of people who are eligible to vote votes in the winning party for government. Hardly a mandate is it ?