Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson

Not sure if people are aware of this, but after the Blackburn game, Johnnie Jackson has played in 439 senior competitive games in his career. Of these, 219 have been in a Charlton shirt.
This means that if Johnnie plays for us one more time, he will have spent exactly half of his career (in matches played) with us.

Just thought I'd mention it.
:smile:

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Legend.
  • Surprises me that as I would have thought he'd already been with us over half his career. Most proper Charlton player of his generation. Would he at his prime have gone some way to fill the hole Parker left back then I wonder.

• Where have they gone?
  • Running down the wing for me! Legend that is Johnnie Jackson :-)
  • uie2 said:

Running down the wing for me! Legend that is Johnnie Jackson :-)

Always makes me laugh that one. Has he actually ever run down the wing? Cantered more like.
  • Surprises me that as I would have thought he'd already been with us over half his career. Most proper Charlton player of his generation. Would he at his prime have gone some way to fill the hole Parker left back then I wonder.

No way. Jackson was never really good enough for the Premier League while with Spurs. It would've taken a signing well beyond what Charlton are capable of attracting to replace a player like Parker was.

Wasn't his prime with us? He was never a goalscorer until he came here.
  • edited January 2016
    Legs have gone
  • Sponsored links:

• H's going to be such a difficult player to replace on and off the pitch

Him retiring (Dont see the club selling him) will be just as hard to replace as Parker was
  • Scoham said:

Surprises me that as I would have thought he'd already been with us over half his career. Most proper Charlton player of his generation. Would he at his prime have gone some way to fill the hole Parker left back then I wonder.

Yes it was but I mean if he had been surrounded by the quality of some of curbs top flight teams would he have raised his game even further to have lessened the devastating impact of Parker leaving for chelseas subs bench.
  • love the fella, would be great to have a beer with him and get his 'off the record' take on all the goings on
  • Typical jacko game today solid, always showing for the ball never hid,
  • Legs have gone ;-)
  • Key part of another win.

Give him a new contract
  • Key part of another win.

Give him a new contract

More important is when are they going to give Kashi a new contract
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Key part of another win.

Give him a new contract

More important is when are they going to give Kashi a new contract
    Once due diligence is over
  • edited October 2017
    Very important sub for us today to run the clock down, couple of headers, ref blows for time................. Game over.
  • RedChaser said:

Very important sub for us today to run the clock down, couple of headers, ref blows for time................. Game over.

The old Curbs trick to keep the points safe. Bring on a ball winner/tackler to absorb the late pressure.
    Love Jacko to bits.
  • Need to get him on for a few games as he will need to play 11 (I stand to be corrected on the exact number) games to qualify for a league winner's medal at the end of the season :-)
  • RedChaser said:

Red can you please change your avatar it's scary :wink:
  • Solly must be pretty close behind haven't played for the last 5/6 years albeit with the odd period out with his knee.
  • jamescafc said:

Solly must be pretty close behind haven't played for the last 5/6 years albeit with the odd period out with his knee.

Total of 243 (234 league) to 15 October 2017 per Wiki
  • Need to get him on for a few games as he will need to play 11 (I stand to be corrected on the exact number) games to qualify for a league winner's medal at the end of the season :-)

You never know!

I believe Jacko's made 1 start and 3 sub appearances in the League this season?
  • Scoham said:

Surprises me that as I would have thought he'd already been with us over half his career. Most proper Charlton player of his generation. Would he at his prime have gone some way to fill the hole Parker left back then I wonder.

He was against us!

His solitary Premiership goal.