Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roger Johnson - now Bromley's U23 manager

edited September 2020 in General Charlton
Preparing for next year's promotion campaign already?

Comments

• 18 months??!? Why 18 months?!
  • Rothko said:

I would have been happy he stayed in the summer, but then to come back in what is a panic, looks shambolic

spot on
  • What is Andre Bikey up to?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Rothko said:

I would have been happy he stayed in the summer, but then to come back in what is a panic, looks shambolic

We are second bottom in January. You bet it's panic.

• I wonder if we are paying him better wages than when we had him before.... I expect he probably got paid a decent whack in India, and we are desperate, so he probably had better bargaining power over us than previously.

A very bad decision if so.
  • What's the odds we go from having the lowest average age in the league to the highest by the end of January? From Addicks to Azbeens :smile:
  • JS5 said:

Need to get behind him. If we have Bauer Johnson Diarra as options at CBs we become a lot stronger.

you forgot Williams too. Maybe Lennon will head out on loan again.

• Lets be honest we are chuffing desperate with Bauer out now, Johnson could hit the ground running conceivably - at what cost tho..
  • edited January 2016
    Is a good chance for him to show that he is a decent player... He really hit the ground running last time but his form dropped when he cracked a few ribs and kept going, hopefully he can avoid that happening this time.

He kinda reminds me of Johnnie Jackson, i.e. if Johnnie was a Centre-Back then he'd be someone like Roger Johnson
  • Hope there's a relegation clause in his contract, especially if he is on decent money.
  • Sponsored links:

Probably because he didn't wanna be binned off again in the summer, deal or no deal :wink:
  • Good signing.

Because his agent has done the regime up like a kipper.
  • RedChaser said:

18 months??!? Why 18 months?!

Probably because he didn't wanna be binned off again in the summer, deal or no deal :wink:
    Precisely - had us over a barrel.
  • good .. he'll bring experience, defensive organisation and some much needed 'nastiness' to the side .. welcome back Mr Johnson ((:>)
  • edited January 2016

JS5 said:

Need to get behind him. If we have Bauer Johnson Diarra as options at CBs we become a lot stronger.

Agree and Diarra can play in midfield while we actually have cover.

And as others have said younger players such as Fox looked much better with the likes of Johnson coaching them during the game.

Yes, this is another example of the "weird" recruitment policy but that's not Roger's fault.

Welcome back.
    Yet if Poyet does rejoin, where does that leave Diarra in Midfield?

You wouldnt really want both Poyet and Diarra alongside each other as thats far too Defensive minded, the below is the only way it would work (Unless you drop Cousins to the bench for another incoming Midfielder)

Henderson
    Solly ... Sarr ... Johnson ... Fox
    Poyet ... Diarra
    Gudmundsson ... Cousins ... Harriott
    Makienok
  • Perhaps the thinking is that, in the first six months, he is a tried and tested solution to help with a difficult situation while in the following 12 months he can use his experience to help the youngsters develop.
  • He will be decent in League One