Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Long Shot - Birmingham (A)

I've made a last minute decision to go but can't really afford to do trains.

Is anyone driving up that I could put in petrol money for? Cheaper for everyone all round.

Cheers.

Joe.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Why didn't I think of that?

Just practicing my Belgian accent...
  • Have the royalties not come through yet ?
  • PL54 said:

Have the royalties not come through yet ?

?
  • PL54 said:

Have the royalties not come through yet ?

?
    I think he's referring to

"black to the Valley" is copyright @Addickted2TheReds

• I've made a last minute decision to go but can't really afford to do trains.

Is anyone driving up that I could put in petrol money for? Cheaper for everyone all round.

Cheers.

Joe.

Try Chiltern rail as you might still get a good price.

Otherwise National Express or Megabus for a coach.
  • Will have a look. Cheers.
  • Will have a look. Cheers.

Inbox me if you need any more info.
  • Greenie said:

Just hop on the team bus and tell them you're the new manager.

Laughed out loud in the office to that one, brilliant!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh, btw I've just decided to do a last minute trip to New York. Can't afford any accommodation though, anyone got a place I can crash at?
  • JaShea99 said:

Oh, btw I've just decided to do a last minute trip to New York. Can't afford any accommodation though, anyone got a place I can crash at?

Hahahaha.

I got sorted in the end though !! :-)
  • Isn't the club coach cheaper? I think I paid c. £20 for Sheffield a year or two ago and petrol would probably cost three times that.
  • Isn't the club coach cheaper? I think I paid c. £20 for Sheffield a year or two ago and petrol would probably cost three times that.

Going by those means puts a bit more money into Duchatelet's back pocket.
  • I've made a last minute decision to go but can't really afford to do trains.

Cheers.

Joe.

Look on the trainline.com you might still get something cheap. But that would mean having to travel quite early and travel back quite late which would mean a lot of hanging round Birmingham but there is nice shopping centre in the Bullring and good places to eat and drink.

Or if you get a flexible ticket it maybe better to travel from Marylebone to Moore Street. £29 if that is within your procerange.
  • If you're skint, hitch-hike!

M1 from Staples Corner, piece of piss!
  • kicked the bucket.
  • boggzy said:

If you're skint, hitch-hike!

Used to love hitching to games when I was at Uni - could pretty much get anywhere from M1 J23 if you tried hard enough. Do people still do it ? Can't remember the last time I saw someone hitchhiking (great word as well)
  • Coaches run to break even or at a loss so no money for Rd
  • PL54 said:

boggzy said:

If you're skint, hitch-hike!

Used to love hitching to games when I was at Uni - could pretty much get anywhere from M1 J23 if you tried hard enough. Do people still do it ? Can't remember the last time I saw someone hitchhiking (great word as well)
    Still doable - you barely see *anyone* doing it anymore in the UK, (unlike mainland Europe) but it's still really easy to get lifts. I still do it occasionally, for fun.

I hitched 700 miles from Philadelphia to Savannah, South Carolina earlier this year - So London-Brum would be no problem!
  • Sponsored links:

• GreenieGreenie Member
    November 18
    Just hop on the team bus and tell them you're the new manager.

They won't believe him unless he says Interim in a Belgian accent.

• I picked up a couple of students on the way back from Sheffield when I was at university there. He was dressed as a Vicar and she as a Tart. They were on the way to Dover aiming for France I believe.

The University friend of mine, also a Charlton fan, and also on here, suddenly lost interest in talking to me on that journey. I don't think the Vicar got much attention either.