Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surely Now

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
All those who hoped that we could make it this season have to face facts. We have been poor for a long while now, and we have used 35 players that is way to many. The lone players haven't improved the team so why have them?

The tactics have been all over the place long ball after long ball, I thought we were one of the best footballing teams but then we sell our best play maker. What a poor season it has been.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]All those who hoped that we could make it this season have to face facts.

That doesn't make much sense. Did you not "hope we could make it this season" then cafcinperth?
  • I am talking about those who even a month ago were still on about how we can make it. When all the results and style we were playing said we didn't have much change.

So I meant to say from Febuary on
  • Judging by your user name i assume you don't get the chance to go to many games.

I think anybody that has watched us play regularaly this season has ,deep down ,known for quite some time that we didn't have a chance of going up this year.Performances have been nowhere near good enough and some of the players commitment has been questionable.
  • Trouble is I recall not so long back going to the WBA Cup replay on a Tuesday night. WBA were supposedly the team to beat in the league. Dickson who I hadnt seen looked a real threat and we were unlucky not to win that night in normal/et.

So although we were dumped out of the Cup I came away with a genuine sense that we would be in contention for an auto promotion place. It seems to have gone off the rails in a big way in a short space of time.
  • For the West Brom cup matches we were playing two pacy full backs and two quick guys up front. Pards changed it to accomomdate new signings Gray and Halford, further tinkering to bring back Thatcher - now we have no attacking threat from the back. Varney has hardly started - he had more shots in his ten minute cameo against Wolves than Iwelumo had in his 94 (none). It's hard to win matches when your centre forward doesn't shoot.