Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC 193 (Rousey V Holm)

As a fan of Ronda Rousey I was gutted to see her get beat but she was absolutely taken apart by Holly Holm in the early hours of this morning. Respect where it's due, Holm had the pedigree of world class fighter and executed her game plan to perfection. Rematch already being mentioned for April 2016

Comments

• Perfect execution by Holm, keeping Ronda at arms length to prevent takedowns, something Ronda is undisputedly the best female MMA fighter at.
  • It was a demolition. The kick that finished it was disgusting

She troubled Ronda the whole fight with kicks and was very smart to not get dragged onto the deck
  • That duck from Ronda's punch shortly before the knockout was mindblowing.
  • Don't really watch it but I have seen highlight s of a few Rousy fights and surprised there was a woman who could beat her..... Or a fella for that matter!
    She was an absolute animal in the fights I saw.
  • She was all hype!
  • Absolutely clinical performance from Holm . Expect a big money spinning rematch.
  • cafctom said:

That duck from Ronda's punch shortly before the knockout was mindblowing.

That was like me when I got a bad school report as a kid
  • Never heard of either before, never seen UFC, and never really seen women fighting before (other than in the street).

Might be old fashioned but I just don't like seeing women kicking the crap out of each other.

• Might be old fashioned but I just don't like seeing women kicking the crap out of each other.

You obviously don't get out much on a Saturday night then !
  • This result will massively hurt Rousey as not just a fighter but as a brand as well. She has been perceived as an absolute wrecking machine, even undefeatable in the eyes of many, for some time now.

I didn't think I'd ever see her lose a round, let alone lose a fight. Until last night, she was viewed as possibly the most intimidating opponent in all of MMA/boxing. Imagine going into a fight knowing that there is a likelihood that your arm is going to be snapped within 30 seconds by her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Holm fought the perfect fight. Ronda barely landed a shot
  • Rematch then Rousey will go to WWE for a bit
  • To think hat a lot of UFC ding dongs were saying she'd be Mayweather. Absolutely hammered by a moderate female boxer. As soon as the first couple of punches landed her composure was up in smoke.
  • Brutal but compelling
  • edited November 2015
    I await the not 100% fit injury carried in to training card to be played very soon

Was a very well thought out plan, either ronda totally underestimated her, or something was not right Imo with ronda and her approach to the fight
  • To think hat a lot of UFC ding dongs were saying she'd be Mayweather. Absolutely hammered by a moderate female boxer. As soon as the first couple of punches landed her composure was up in smoke.

This 100%
  • Never heard of either before, never seen UFC, and never really seen women fighting before (other than in the street).

Might be old fashioned but I just don't like seeing women kicking the crap out of each other.

Agree completely. I really don't get it.

Agree completely. I really don't get it.
    Don't watch it - it's easy to avoid...
  • edited November 2015
    I don't. And it's not, my twitter feed and Facebook has been full of it. In fact I only clicked on the thread to see if I wasn't the only one that finds it uncomfortable viewing. Cheers tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't. And it's not, my twitter feed and Facebook has been full of it. In fact I only clicked on the thread to see if I wasn't the only one that finds it uncomfortable viewing. Cheers tho.

Fair enough :)
  • Anyone see Paige Vanzant get destroyed last night? Showed heart to last 5 rounds with the beating she was taking but looked so out of her depth.

McGregor v Aldo Sat night live on Btsport, expected ring walk around 3am. Could be a bad few weeks for Dana White. Hyped Rousey, she lost. Hyped Vanzant, she lost. Hyped McGregor...tough fight against the Brazilian.
  • I think mgcregor has hyped himself, either way.. No shame in losing to Aldo if it does happen
  • Aldo is a monster he'll knock the Irishman out
  • Aldo is the best fighter in the UFC in any weight class, so would be surprised if he was even troubled. Hasn't lost in 10 years and his striking game is better than Mcgregor.
  • I look forward to hearing from McGregor after after he's been defeated.

Surprised by some of the views above, no wonder women's boxing wasn't an Olympic sport until 2012. Very old fashioned indeed.
  • Mcgregor has show real balls to get in with Aldo , it will be a good tear up and Mcgregor will lose
  • Real balls and a real lack of respect.