Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic appoint Karel Fraeye to permanent head coach. **parody warning**

Karel Fraeye has been appointed as the permanent head coach of Charlton Athletic on a season-rolling contract, the club has revealed this evening.

Following Saturday's heavy defeat to Middlesbrough and an uninspiring performance at stadium MK on Tuesday, the decision may come as a surprise to some Charlton supporters however Katrien Meire is convinced that they have the right man for the job. "Karel is a fantastic young manager with a lot of potential. He could be SE7's answer to Pep Guardiola" said the CEO this evening.

"Some say that he lacks experience, but we see the difference he makes day in and day out at Sparrows Lane. The number of smiles at training has increased tenfold and we're sure this will lead to results on the pitch sooner rather than later."

When questioned by journalists, Karel Fraeye simply stated "The owner has offered me the chance to build an empire here in London and who am I to argue? We are not worried about the lack of goals while our priority is an improved defence. On Saturday we conceded three, tonight we conceded one and in the next game my excel spreadsheet says we will concede minus one goals. This is the way we intend to win games. Huh?"

Comments

• Nearly put my fist through the monitor there.
  • That was close, shit and fan.
  • I know your trying to cheer us up Callum, but this does sound plausible, if not insane.
  • Not funny Callum. You're going to leave @Redmidland needing another reboot if you're not careful.
  • edited November 2015
    Added a warning to the title. lol sorry ladies & gents.
  • aliwibble said:

Not funny Callum. You're going to leave @Redmidland needing another reboot if you're not careful.

If he (RD) doesn't go soon I think you may be right @aliwibble
  • Believed it for a minute there !
  • Sorry to be a killjoy Callum, but as MiA says, it's a bit too plausible. You needed to ramp up the absurdity levels a bit more just to be on the safe side :-)
  • To paraphrase Henry - not until Colin confirms it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Being serious here, with the weekend break on the 14th I wonder if the Belgians will see sense and give Shakin Stevens the boot it we get a pasting on Saturday.

It gives them two weeks to bring in another doughnut.
  • aliwibble said:

Sorry to be a killjoy Callum, but as MiA says, it's a bit too plausible. You needed to ramp up the absurdity levels a bit more just to be on the safe side :-)

I could've referenced his 138 years of experience at all levels of the Belgian football ladder but I thought that might be a little too obsurd.
  • After two games in charge Fraeye now has Championship managerial experience. I reckon he is a shoe in.
  • edited November 2015
    aliwibble said:

Sorry to be a killjoy Callum, but as MiA says, it's a bit too plausible. You needed to ramp up the absurdity levels a bit more just to be on the safe side :-)

Yep, take it up a notch Callum, Carol gets a new sofa if he manages to keep us up, or failing that gets us relegated.

• Hired in the morning, your getting hired in the morning
  • Pep Guardiola? More like SE7's answer to a peptic ulcer....
  • shirty5 said:

Hired in the morning, your getting hired in the morning

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets the job on permanent basis in the morning.