Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hull(16/1/16) advanced purchase train tickets

VirginEastCoast have released tickets for our game with Hull.

Numerous trains there and back ranging from £13.25-£15.00 single fares without the railcard discount.

People may be pleased to know that I have booked my ticket and will not be on the ponce like I was for Middlesbrough!

For pubs there is one at 'one o'clock when you look outside the station, but not too sure of the name. Other than that if you turn right out of the station then right again there is a working mens club boozer, although I cannot vouch on how good this one is.

Comments

• Brave for attending this one so early on the current form @ElfsborgAddick
  • The prospect of a weekend in Hull in the middle of winter is more appealing than actually watching the match at the moment!
  • Brave for attending this one so early on the current form @ElfsborgAddick

Not drinking before the game as have an appointment with an Estate Agent.

Been offered a row of terraced houses for job lot of 100k
  • Must need my head testing, but have booked up. £26.00 return.
  • Must need my head testing, but have booked up. £26.00 return.

Money well spent, don't let the b******* grind you down.

It's not a home game so we can spend as much as we like!
  • VirginEastCoast have released tickets for our game with Hull.

Numerous trains there and back ranging from £13.25-£15.00 single fares without the railcard discount.

People may be pleased to know that I have booked my ticket and will not be on the ponce like I was for Middlesbrough!

For pubs there is one at 'one o'clock when you look outside the station, but not too sure of the name. Other than that if you turn right out of the station then right again there is a working mens club boozer, although I cannot vouch on how good this one is.

You have used the words "trains" and "ponce" in a post about Charlton. Are you sure you're not Rod Liddle?
  • Chizz said:

VirginEastCoast have released tickets for our game with Hull.

You have used the words "trains" and "ponce" in a post about Charlton. Are you sure you're not Rod Liddle?
    It was desperation stakes for the Middlesbrough train ticket!
  • I'm paring socks that day unfortunately, would of been all over it otherwise.
  • Top respect to any one mad/brave enough to go for this trip
  • Top respect to any one mad/brave enough to go for this trip

Pass on the respect, buy me a pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'You're alright'
  • edited November 2015
    As Charlon Life's resident expert on Hull I'll be in attendance.

There is a Wetherspoons, The Admiral of the Humber very close to the station. If you go right out the station then take a left at the bingo hall you'll find it (it's away from the ground, but only a 3 minute walk from the station).

Also there is a chippy on the walk to the ground next to a pub called the Clarendon (home fans only) which I can recommend.
  • As Charlon Life's resident expert on Hull I'll be in attendance.

There is a Wetherspoons, The Admiral of the Humber very close to the station. If you go right out the station then take a left at the bingo hall you'll find it (it's away from the ground, but only a 3 minute walk from the station).

Nice one.

I know where I'll be after the game.
  • I'm applying for a weekend pass out for this one with a view to staying overnight on the Saturday and showing my two sons the delights of Hull (some excellent pubs in the old town) and Beverley (home of the legendary 'Nellies', aka The White Horse). The rail fares for the three of us are only £59 return (with two railcards) and a couple of rooms in the City Centre Premier Inn are only £70. I guess that demand in mid-January is a little soft, even in the 2017 City of Culture.

Suffice it to say that, as matters presently stand, the football will be almost coincidental, although I'm looking forward to ticking off another new ground. It's also bit of a sentimental journey for me, as I was up there at university between 1976 and 1979, although I've not been back since and am guessing it may have changed a bit.
  • Did you go to Boothferry Park in your uni days?
  • edited November 2015
    Blucher said:

I'm applying for a weekend pass out for this one with a view to staying overnight on the Saturday and showing my two sons the delights of Hull (some excellent pubs in the old town) and Beverley (home of the legendary 'Nellies', aka The White Horse). The rail fares for the three of us are only £59 return (with two railcards) and a couple of rooms in the City Centre Premier Inn are only £70. I guess that demand in mid-January is a little soft, even in the 2017 City of Culture.

Suffice it to say that, as matters presently stand, the football will be almost coincidental, although I'm looking forward to ticking off another new ground. It's also bit of a sentimental journey for me, as I was up there at university between 1976 and 1979, although I've not been back since and am guessing it may have changed a bit.

I was thinking something similar, as I last visited Hull in 1988 when I was a student (up for an event)
  • @iaitch - Yes, I did. I saw Charlton draw 0-0 there in 76/77 and win 2-0 there in 77/78. Mike Flanagan was unstoppable at that stage and he got the second goal with a deft header. Hull were pretty hopeless that season under Billy Bremner and finished bottom of the league, although I did enjoy watching them beat Tottenham 2-0 at Boothferry Park early that season.

There was a little train from Hull Paragon station which got you to the ground in 5 or 10 minutes, so we occasionally used to have a session in town and hop on that to see the odd game. The standard was not that great, although it was always quite entertaining. From memory, the crowd weren't shy about handing out stick to their own players if things weren't going according to plan.

@killerandflash - from memory, Ye Olde White Harte and Ye Olde Black Boy in the old town were very good and they are both still around - http://www.wow247.co.uk/2014/03/06/best-pubs-in-hull/ Another CAMRA Heritage pub reasonably near the ground is the 'Polar Bear' on Springbank. I lived opposite it in my second year, paying rent of £4.50 a week, which we negotiated down to £3.80 after a ceiling fell in. Those were the days. Hopefully, the city has benefited generally from some EU money, as it really suffered following the decline of the fishing industry.
  • paying rent of £4.50 a week, which we negotiated down to £3.80 after a ceiling fell in
    'appy days, 'appy days!