Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options

LA is the second largest TV market, however neither the Rams or the Raiders were well supported by fan attendance, this was due to a number of factors ( in Raiders case, gang culture playing a part) but mainly LA always preferred college football. On top of this LA didn't want to pay for new stadiums.

I don't want to see San Diego in LA, but likewise I don't want to see the Raiders playing in a lousy stadium in Oakland whilst SD and the Rams capitalize on the potential huge fan base in SoCal.

Especially at this time of year when the baseball markings are visible on the field, that looks dreadful. I went last year in October and although the outside of the stadium and the concourses are poor, and the overall design isn't great (I'm not even sure it's a great baseball stadium) the view I had from my seat was pretty good;

• Options
    Had a tip-off from a statside mate that the Raiders were planning to up-sticks to Arizona... not sure if this is bllx or not...
  • Options
    Pretty impressive that the 49ers got a strong win last night considering they had one of the worst off seasons you could imagine. Less impressive is the Giants telling their running back not to score with a minute left.
  • Options
    according to BBC news this a.m., Dallas Cowboys is now THE world's most valuable sporting 'brand', overtaking Manchester United
  • Options
    Big win for the Falcons last night. Didn't see that coming really. Was some absolute cracking week 1 games
  • Options

Had a tip-off from a statside mate that the Raiders were planning to up-sticks to Arizona... not sure if this is bllx or not...

It's unlikely to be Arizona. Possibly San Antonio in Texas, which has courted the Raiders for sometime. Weirdest story is them going to St. Louis when the Rams leave.

If you have ever seen the Raiders play in San Diego it's almost like a home game. The NFL should have the Raiders and Rams in LA if they want two teams there, but as the NFL is still screwing the Davis family ( see Sunday's game and Pacman smashing Amari cooper head against the floor - should be a suspension) it won't happen.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

thank you for your interest in the NFL thread.

Dissenting views not allowed, Mr Stalin?
  • Options

One thing I have always wondered about is support for a franchise modelled league, from a fans perspective. For example if the Bengals moved their franchise to LA how would they generate fans in that area surely they already support an NFL team anyway maybe Raiders or Rams (previous LA franchises) do the fans suddenly switch allegiances? Would the people of Cincinnati continue to support the LA Bengals, would they support the other team from Ohio or support a local college instead?
    A perspective from stateside would be much appreciated on this one, thanks.

On the LA side, I doubt anyone has strong feelings for either the Raiders or the Rams. That was part of the original problem, nobody really cared. Having said that, with a new stadium, they will have no trouble filling it for a few years. People will jump on the bandwagon. However, in my mind, they are still only potential "fans". If the team sucks, attendances will drop (see Jacksonville).

On the losing city side it will be the same as our move to Selhurst. Some will stay fans from afar, although that will dwindle over time. Others will just watch games and maybe eventually drift into a new favorite team. Maybe they'll be a push to get a new team (like Cleveland and Baltimore) but unless you have a motivated owner, that's only going to happen if the local government is will to spend bundles of money building them a free stadium (see West Ham)
  • Options
    I'm a Saints fan as well although hardly a great start on Sunday after a poor Pre-season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    philcafc said:

I'm a Saints fan as well although hardly a great start on Sunday after a poor Pre-season.

Wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be though. Still no pass rush, and Keenan Lewis being injured was a big blow in the secondary. I don't think may teams will come away from Arizona with a win this season, I thought they looked decent.
    Anyway, smash the Bucs this weekend and the season will be up and running. Who Dat Nation!
  • Options
    LLMTP said:

philcafc said:

Wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be though. Still no pass rush, and Keenan Lewis being injured was a big blow in the secondary. I don't think may teams will come away from Arizona with a win this season, I thought they looked decent.
    Anyway, smash the Bucs this weekend and the season will be up and running. Who Dat Nation!
    I agree with this. Arizona look good and Saints didn't play too badly and Brees did well with the ball. They should get an easy win against Tampa Bay this week.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Lucky escape for Denver I think. KC had the Broncos right where they wanted them but the Chiefs blew it in the final couple of minutes.
  • Options

Lucky escape for Denver I think. KC had the Broncos right where they wanted them but the Chiefs blew it in the final couple of minutes.

Didn't see the game last night but I was not impressed with the Broncos against the Ravens and thought they had a lucky escape there. How was Manning?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Less influential, which is to be expected I suppose with Denver running with the ball a lot more often, but obviously still has the class and pretty much dragged his team back into the game single handed. The Chiefs fumble was pretty much the icing on his cake.

Though I don't know how consistent Denver and/or Manning can be and therefore how far they can go this year.
  • Options
    Manning was OK, he's not finished yet. I think the trouble is Kubiak, making him do things he's no good at like rolling out and throwing on the run. Second half, playing mostly shotgun and throwing from the pocket like he's used to was much better. Having said that, KC threw the game away at the end.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Manning was OK, he's not finished yet. I think the trouble is Kubiak, making him do things he's no good at like rolling out and throwing on the run. Second half, playing mostly shotgun and throwing from the pocket like he's used to was much better. Having said that, KC threw the game away at the end.

100% right on Manning. Both the Broncos and the Cowgirls have won games this week due to poor decision making at the end of both games by their opponents. Why can't the Redskins get the same breaks:(
  • Options
    Reading the reports it sounds like Manning came to the fore once he went no huddle and shotgun.
  • Options
    Our backs couldn't punch their way through a wet paper bag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't seen such an inept, useless display since yesterday.
  • Options
    We won, we won, bloody Hell, Washington only went and won!
  • Options
    2 0 for the boys from Cincinnati
  • Options
    I can't stop watching Cam Newton's touchdown for the Panthers - imagine even thinking of doing something like that ?
  • Options

continuing last season's good form .. live outsiders for the champ/SB this year I think
  • Options

continuing last season's good form .. live outsiders for the champ/SB this year I think
    That's not a bad outside shout actually. Tough to call this early on for anyone but Dalton looked good yesterday as did A. J. Green and Marvin Jones. Tyler Eifert looks very promising at TE too.

• Options
    no chance!!!

• Options
    I'm an SD fan (feel free to add that to the list). My opinion was Cinci weren't THAT good yesterday although overall probably did enough to edge it. The overturned fumble call imo was ****, looked exactly the same as the Rivers fumble earlier in the Q that was ruled legitimate. Going in 14-13 down and getting the ball start of second half would have put SD in a much better place. Although it's fair to say Cinci's D did a job on Keenan Allen, Eiefert I agree looked good and SD still don't look entirely comfortable defending the rush. Another 8-8 season of obscurity beckons.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    AFC EAST:
    Bills – Avi_dAddick
    Dolphins – 9goalswentpastperry, CharltonParkLane, Hertsseasider, Jdredsox, kielyskickingboots, RomseyAddick
    Jets - CAFCTrev, CharltonMadrid, rina
    Patriots – ForeverAddickted, RalphMilnesgut, Sam3110, SomervilleAddick

AFC NORTH:
    Bengals - Bigbadbozman
    Browns - cafcbrown, creepyaddick
    Ravens - Its_Hamer_Time, limeygent
    Steelers - Ben18, Pedro45, ScrappyCAFC, WestSA

AFC SOUTH:
    Colts – CAFC1304, Rossman92
    Jaguars
    Texans
    Titans -

AFC WEST:
    Broncos – Leroy Ambrose, sonicstud85
    Chargers - andyg90, Blinkant, Callumcafc, DamoNorthStand
    Chiefs – johnny73, Minkcafc, stackitsteve
    Raiders – All_Thaid_Up, MrOneLung, northstandsteve, se9addick, World of Woe

NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – Bilko, Callumcafc, chester_conrad, supaclive
    Eagles – cypriot_addick, twiggyaddick, ValleyGary
    Giants – AddicksAddict, EastStand, SuedeAdidas
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, cafckev, hudson-son-son, Pedro45, tonyupnorth

NFC NORTH:
    Bears – addick16, andyg90, Wright6679
    Lions
    Packers – CAFCjoe94, Macronate
    Vikings - flyingkiwiDK, Lincsaddick

NFC SOUTH:
    Buccaneers – danhughes99, Dannoo_86
    Falcons – BrentfordAddick, DanDavis, Karim_myBagheri
    Panthers
    Saints – LLMTP, philcafc, The Red Robin

NFC WEST:
    49ers – cs1986, RDG, Rob
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Seahawks - Cafcspud, thecrazyaddick
  • Options

Got our best all round offence in 25 years, we struggled to get to QB's last season but appeared to have remedied that and the defence will only improve if Burfict comes back fit. Just got to hope the Red Rifle can be consistent in every game, if we bug out of the playoffs again at the first hurdle I suspect he will be traded & AJ McCarron will be our starter