Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What new signing would we like to see?

It's looking likely that this week we will sign a new midfielder, the identity is yet to be revealed. Who would we like to see donning the Charlton shirt? And do we really need another midfielder?

Comments

• Yes we need another Left Midfielder... Someone like Elliott Bennett would be ideal as he's quick going forward but is also useful defensively
  • Agreed, I think we need a bit of Championship experience to add to the new faces (who on the whole have impressed) . I think we are three or four players away from a team that can finish in the play offs and be able to cope with the winter period!

I would like to see a few experienced heads added, and maybe 2 young and hungry premier league players...? Who knows
  • Probably not answering the question how it is intended, but I'd love us to try and get Makienok on a permanent deal in January
  • Cally Messi!
  • Alex Pritchard. We know what he can do in this league.

Definitely!!!
  • We lacked a cutting edge around the box yesterday and it cost us. Drawing so many games last year cost us and it will again if we don't become more clinical. Vetokele is an excellent player when fit, but he was very very average yesterday
  • cafctom said:

Probably not answering the question how it is intended, but I'd love us to try and get Makienok on a permanent deal in January

Not a priority for me... We have an option to buy for next season so why waste FFP funds in January (Which we may not have) on him?

Of course only draw back is another club may want him come next summer but thats why we make sure we tell Palermo and his Agent we want him just before the season ends and before the window opens so no one can steal him
  • Sponsored links:

• Alex Pritchard
  • cafctom said:

Probably not answering the question how it is intended, but I'd love us to try and get Makienok on a permanent deal in January

The perm deal is already in place. Fee agreed as part of the loan. Have heard 2m bounded around.

my No 1 choice as well
  • Could Moussa be the answer to our left side? Did like the look of him in the few games he played under negative bob
  • I've been looking forward to seeing Moussa play for someone other than Peeters. I think he held him back to an extent. When he's finally back and fit we have a very good player on our hands. Let's hope he hasn't lost too much ability in the time out.
  • cafctom said:

The perm deal is already in place. Fee agreed as part of the loan. Have heard 2m bounded around.
    This should be on the rumours thread !

• Agree with Alex Pritchard, wanted us to sign him for about 3 years now, quality player.
  • He picked up a bad injury I thought wherever he went on loan in pre season
  • Very good footballer though I'll say that.

Although we have a pretty decent left sided midfielder in Jackson
  • edited September 2015
    Carter said:

Very good footballer though I'll say that.

Although we have a pretty decent left sided midfielder in Jackson

Jackson is not a left sided midfielder anymore (ie a winger). The few times he does feature this year will be as a holding option in the centre IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would like to see Vetokele sent on loan with a view to sell and bringing in a decent proven midfielder. Who though, I don't know.
  • Not directly related to this thread but I noticed that Astrit Ajdarević is now playing for Orebro in the Swedish top division.
  • Adjdarevic was a brilliant player
  • Pritchard is a decent player but right footed and cuts inside. May have worked in front of Wiggins but not Fox. Prefer an athlete with a decent left foot and pace. Bulot is a big miss.
  • for me either Pritchard or Will Buckley from Sunderland,
    also would like us to be one of the teams in for James Wilson at Man United.
  • Chizz said:

Gareth Bale.

Huh, another scapegoat in the making