Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which of our new signing have you been most impressed with so far and why?

edited August 2015 in General Charlton
I know it's still early days but for me it has to be Kashi closely followed by Bauer.

I have been extremely impressed by both players and I really believe they wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership (hopefully they will get the chance with Charlton!).

In order...

Kashi (most impressed)
Bauer
Makienok
Ba
Berdych
Ceballos (least impressed)

Sarr - haven't seen enough to judge yet

Comments

• That order is exactly the same for me!

Ceballos I will never like for that corner challenge thing that was posted here a few days back, for some reason the fact that he would cheat on something like that against his own teammates has really stuck with me. I hate stuff like that in sport, so to me he will always be a little bitch.

• edited August 2015
    King Kashi ❤️
  • Kashi, Bauer and Makienok have all been brilliant - couldn't have asked for more out of them really.
  • Definitely Bauer for me. Just looks like a class player
  • Personally, I think of these latest signings there has been no disappointments, (I know some have not had a lot of game time, like Sarr and Bergdich), but compared to the other windows under RD reign, I can only hope, he has at last realised the standard we are at
  • For me it's Kashi, Bauer, Ba and big Mak who have been the stand outs. All a class above what we had last year.

Not been impressed with Bergdich so far but that may change as he gets used to the league.

Haven't seen enough of Sarr or Ceballos as of yet.
  • I know it's still early days but for me it has to be Kashi closely followed by Bauer.

I have been extremely impressed by both players and I really believe they wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership (hopefully they will get the chance with Charlton!).

In order...

Kashi (most impressed)
    Bauer
    Makienok
    Ba
    Berdych

Same
  • Sponsored links:

• Why does everyone say Makienok will divide opinion? He's a good player and an asset to the team. Where is the negative?

He's a very awkward looking lump sometimes, and he tends to amble into the right position instead of making Church style lungbusting runs, which to some people is going to look like a lack of effort (when in reality he's simply being efficient and intelligent.) He also does have the classic big man's dilemma of not actually having much of a running jump on him, he'd rather stand firm and bring the ball down instead of leap for it. Again, there is the perception of laziness when this is actually rather intelligent play.

And most simply, he doesn't look like an outright goal machine in the same way Watt and a fit Igor do. Now most people are smart enough to realise that everything else he brings to the team more than make up for a lack of goals but there's going to be a few idiots who write him off if he doesn't score frequently. Occasionally (the first half against Hull most recently) not a lot comes off for him and then his size makes him look clumsier than he really is. The divided opinion will come between those who realise just how useful he is and those who don't.
  • Can't separate Bauer, Kashi, Ba and Makienok.

But that doesn't meant I think much less of the others as I think they are also brilliant to have, but the above four are a fantastic 'spine' to a team and haven't been anything than outstanding
  • Bauer, Kashi and Makienok, the new spine of our team.
  • Kashi is a Premier League player. I am amazed he has so few caps for Algeria (1?). When I first saw him against West Ham I thought he might be a bit of a loose cannon and at risk of upsetting our card happy refs. He's proved himself to be much more than that. Positional play is quality, tackles well and his range of passing is fantastic. Would love to know what we paid for him.

Bauer is quality. I said after Saturday that if he carries on the way he is we'll struggle to hold on to him next summer. Reckon he could play at a higher level now and have no doubt he will - hopefully with us.

Ba I also really like. He has a trick in him and for someone who has had injury problems looks to have a good engine. Free transfer as well.

Makienok is going to divide opinion. I like him. You can't question his effort and if he performs like he did in the second half against Hull at Championship level he is going to be more or less unplayable. He is exactly what we've been looking for for a couple of years. If he has 5-6 goals and a few more performances like Saturday behind him by January suspect we'll push through the perm deal that has been agreed.

Bergditch looks very raw. He's done some good things but has also got himself in a mess at times. To be fair, we're yet to see him in his actual position.

Sarr I've only seen once and after a shaky start he looked fine.

Ceballos I think will take a while to get up to speed. He's clearly got a lot of skill and has shown in flashes that he will be a decent addition.

The thing I can't quite get my head around is how the scouting has suddenly improved so much. IMO Guy has had some input and has identified specific players. The noises coming out of the club when we signed Kashi more or less confirmed my thinking.

Another couple of similar standard signings and I'll be very impressed. Really exciting times and if we avoid wide spread injuries who knows what might happen this year.

I thought we were done with signing players from Standard
  • edited August 2015
    Pretty much all of them, Ceballos hasn't hit the right notes yet, but I certainly not writing off, I'm hoping he's going to improve given time.
  • Bauer looks like a very good natural Central defender, can't believe he's only early 20s. Rock solid

Kashi looks like a very good technical pressing midfielder with an occasional eye for goal

Big mak looks like a very good pain in the arse for defenders when attacking and attackers when defending. Like a lot of very tall players he can look a little odd on the ball but his footballing skills are really good if you watch

Ba looks like a very good player although maybe not as stand out as the above so far maybe because he has more competition for his place and has not yet found a settles role.

Bergdych looks pretty good technically but not quite on the pace and maybe a bit lightweight for some opposition

Ceballos has not especially impressed me yet, good occasional skills but not consistent so far and looks likely to be dispossessed, screw up until he gets more accustomed to the championship. Not a bad signing though.

Sarr not seen but following match threads looks like will end up this season or next as bauers natural partner to allow Diarra to play his natural role or retire depending on timing.

Summary then:

I also can't separate Bauer, kashi and mak because they are all very good.

All mentioned good signings though.
  • edited August 2015
    The Hull game was my first look at at Kashi but wow what a performance he put in, I'm not going to nail my colours to the mast after one game but his goal last night did nothing to dampen my initial view that this lad is a special talent.

Following closely behind him is Bauer (second time I've seen him), big, strong, deceptively quick, good on the ball for his size, quietly and efficiently goes about his business and only 22 another fantastic prospect. Hats of to RD, KM and the scouting team who seem to have hit the jackpot with these two at least.
  • All look good so far and would agree with comments above. If selected for thePalace game it would be interesting to see how they fare against (gritted teeth) PL opposition.
  • I know it's still early days but for me it has to be Kashi closely followed by Bauer.

In order...

Kashi (most impressed)
    Bauer
    Makienok
    Ba
    Berdych

When compared to Thuram-Ulien and Lepoint , they are all pleasantly excellent ! Great stuff from RD et al
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Sarr and Bauer will turn into an epic centre back combo over the next 3 or 4 years.
  • I think Ba may be one of those players who quietly goes about his job but, without him, we will start to see what a difference it makes. It will be interesting to see who is ultimately preferred in the middle - Ba or Cousins.
  • Dont really have much to add... Kashi / Bauer / Makienok have all been our best signings yet I'd say these three have been our most expensive signings too.

All I know is that next season when we sign someone and I turned round and say Im underwhelmed over whoever that player is, they'll turn out to be one of our best players.

Last season it was Tal Ben-Haim, this year it was Ahmed Kashi and wasnt impressed with either signing when it was announced.
  • edited August 2015
    very different players with very different roles .. overall value to the team and performance..

Dead heat

1) Bauer; 1)= Kashi .. honourable mention to Big Mak ((:>)
  • Huskaris said:

That order is exactly the same for me!

Ceballos I will never like for that corner challenge thing that was posted here a few days back, for some reason the fact that he would cheat on something like that against his own teammates has really stuck with me. I hate stuff like that in sport, so to me he will always be a little bitch.

what are you on about?
  • I agree with all the comments on here about Bauer, Kashi etc. However, having looked back at some highlights and things, it seems to me that Ba has some serious talent. Some great creativity and the ability to pull them off. He still looks like a player that hasn't played much in the last few years, but I think he'll be unstoppable once he gets gong.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Huskaris said:

what are you on about?
    He means the SoccerAM challenge between him / Ba / Gudmundsson...

They each had to score from a corner from the Left and then from the Right and the ball wasn't allowed to bounce before going into the goal (Person with the least amount of chances won)... Ceballos hit one shot which went into the goal but clearly didnt bounce and claimed it before going on to win overall (basically cheated)
  • Huskaris said:

WTF is this all about ?

when we were asked this question at the beginning of season My nap was Bauer,
    and i still think he will be the most consistent, but Kashi looks class, Big Mak is a revelation, Ba is decent. Bergdich's 1st touch is not in Bulot class but hope he improves with games, Ceballos may take longer to impact on the team as he had played only U21 football in England. Sarr will be good if he stays patient, and learns from Diarra and Bauer, who are doing master classes at the moment in how to play at centre back.

• Unfortunately, if they keep improving and do that well, will RD sell them at the end of the season? Don't forget, he does not want to make a loss. I am not having a go at RD, just remembering what he did to Standard Leige