Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ashes to Ashes

Just played Into The Valley by The Skids.
I thought this was a hit in the 70's.

Comments

• 1979. Got to number 10. Supposedly about going to a nearby part of town and getting into a fight with the local kids.

If you listen carefully you can hear me singing on the B-side
  • They played Killing Jokes "Turn to Red" last week...i nearly fell off of the sofa and i thought that was 1979 as well
  • Well, technically, so long as the song was released in 1981 or before they can use it....
  • I thought that the wildest one was The Pop Group's We Are All Prostitutes. Not only did they play such an obscure record but they wrote it into the storyline as well. Top stuff. Mind you I still get annoyed by that Keely Hawes character.
  • edited May 2009
    Two classics last night.

"Get yourself back to Liverpool and stealing hub caps and being overly sentimental!"

The other one was near the end and for the life of me I can't remember it, other than it was about bent coppers and making a stand against them. He said something like we can beat up any crims and torture them if we need to, because that is what we are meant to do, but no taking money or goods.
  • IMHO this series is Under rated.
  • really enjoyed last nights episode... i was a bit disappointed with the first episode of this series but it has gotten better and better each week and its not to be missed.

I did pick up on the overly sentimental comment too, funny.
  • I actually think Gene Hunt, Chris and Ray could carry a series on their own. This could be the modern day Sweeney (IMHO we do not need all the mystic stuff anymore and I cannot see a third series).

But I for one would miss the Gene Genie
  • cracking show.

and keeley hawes.....mmmmm. for some reason she looks hotter in the 80s garms.
  • Wasn't someone saying on here that Enter The Valley's about living in an economically depressed area and only having the army as an out?

Don't know myself just someone said on here they talked to the lead singer about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I loved Life On Mars, and have the box sets etc, but I cant get into ATA, got bored with the first series and didnt even see the last episode, not watched the 2nd series, milking the concept now.
  • I love the series.

Great saying from Gene last week, "Shall I get it tattooed on my testicles and dangle it in front of your face?"
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I loved Life On Mars, and have the box sets etc, but I cant get into ATA, got bored with the first series and didnt even see the last episode, not watched the 2nd series, milking the concept now.

Agree. Thought Life on Mars was excellent. But could not get into the first series of ATA as I thought it was "old hat" - though strangely I have gradually got back into this one and quite enjoying it.
  • last week when the Keeley bird walks in Gene says " you look pleased with yourself, just got off the washin machine?"
  • Ditto

Loved LOM but didn't get the first series of ATA at all.

This series I'm really enjoying as more about Hunt and the 80s than the "will she, won't she" stuff which gets a bit tiresome.
  • Only turn over to it near the end to press the red button for 80's sing-a-long after.
  • Snap. I didn't even realise that there was a new series; can't see me bothering with it.

Top viewing tonight though, the new series of Flight of the Conchords. That is must watch tv!
  • worth watching just to see roland rat, mrs mclusky and morph again.
  • I think that they will do another series, just with the principal men, and none of the 'going back in time story'
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Wasn't someone saying on here that Enter The Valley's about living in an economically depressed area and only having the army as an out?

Don't know myself just someone said on here they talked to the lead singer about it.

It was me, Colin - Richard Jobson, the writer and lead singer, explained that it was about growing up in a depressed town in Fife and the only choice for all his mates was joining the army and going off to N. Ireland - hence the valley, land, sea and sky etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great series spoiled by that stupid bint. Don't find her remotely attractive one for the Would Ya collection very borderline.
  • WHAT THE F88K ketman

she is absolute luvly filth wouldya you fecking bet i would
  • I would, but I don't think she'd say the same about me !
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Great series spoiled by that stupid bint. Don't find her remotely attractive one for the Would Ya collection very borderline.

iron.
  • One thing that bugged me was the Roland Rat bit, far too early for him
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]cracking show.

and keeley hawes.....mmmmm. for some reason she looks hotter in the 80s garms.[/quote]

You never watched tipping the velvet then .....
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]cracking show.

and keeley hawes.....mmmmm. for some reason she looks hotter in the 80s garms.

You never watched tipping the velvet then .....

the lezzer thing? no, is she in that??

anyone got the boxset?
  • Utter crap...total tosh!!! Exact copy of Life on Mars!!! WTF?
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Great series spoiled by that stupid bint. Don't find her remotely attractive one for the Would Ya collection very borderline.

iron.

Well, we all know he wears that West Ham scarf all the time.

Oh, you meant............