Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Turbulence Ahead

edited August 2015 in Troubleshooting
Hi all,

As I'm sure you've noticed, we're experiencing some turbulence as a result of our hosts dealing with an issue (apparent DDOS attack, I'm told). They're working on it and the interruption should only be temporary.

LoOkOuT

Ps. As always whenever there is any forum availability, we always provide updates via our Twitter account. So if you are not following, please add @CharltonLife ta

Comments

• Who wants to DDOS Charltonlife??? Lol
  • Who wants to DDOS Charltonlife??? Lol

Disgruntled Ujpest fans after we took Nego back?

• Denial of Service Attack......

I blame the Ticket Office and all associated staff.
  • West Ham fans probably !
  • Immigrants trying to get on here?
  • West Ham Board
  • What's a DDOS attack? Are they linked to ISIS?
  • Nathan Priors revenge
  • Charlton life implement CAFC ticketing system......
  • Sponsored links:

• You may take off your seatbelt.

We're all clear.

Over and out.
  • LoOkOuT said:

You may take off your seatbelt.

We're all clear.

Over and out.

Was it really a DDOS attack or just all the Lifers hitting F5 on the rumours thread?
  • DDOS on the cloud server, presumably targeting another customer.
  • What's a DDOS attack? Are they linked to ISIS?

per Wikipedia
    In computing, a denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, such as to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet. A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) is where the attack source is more than one–and often thousands–of unique IP addresses.

Criminal perpetrators of DoS attacks often target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways; but motives of revenge, blackmail[1][2] or activism[3] can be behind other attacks

I'm sure I'm not the only person never to have heard of it
  • LoOkOuT said:

You may take off your seatbelt.

We're all clear.

Over and out.

Thank god... I've been sitting at my desk wanting to use the toilet for ages!!
  • Spanner in the works?
  • redman said:

What's a DDOS attack? Are they linked to ISIS?

per Wikipedia
    In computing, a denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, such as to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet. A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) is where the attack source is more than one–and often thousands–of unique IP addresses.

Criminal perpetrators of DoS attacks often target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways; but motives of revenge, blackmail[1][2] or activism[3] can be behind other attacks

I'm sure I'm not the only person never to have heard of it
    Really? There is the capability now to use things like routers and even "smart" fridges for ddos attacks; anything with sloppy security. These do not have to be controlled directly by the crims or activists; malware infects them and makes them "botnet" slaves.