Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who Is Going To Be Our Manager Tonight Then?

If an 11 year old lad can get a draw against Bolton, tonight should be a piece of cake, so c'mon then whose going to manage Charlton tonight?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-33710795

An 11-year-old boy was promoted to the role of manager for a pre-season friendly - and was an instant success.
Daniel Fryer, from Wesham, guided National League North team AFC Fylde to a 1-1 draw against Championship team Bolton Wanderers, who play four tiers above them.
A fellow Fylde supporter won the opportunity, but gave Daniel the role when he could not attend.
Daniel gave a team talk, held a press conference and made substitutions.
He also wore an initialled jacket with 'Boss' inscribed on the reverse for Wednesday night's game.
The Coasters battled to a hard-won draw after two penalties, with winger Dion Charles' spot-kick cancelling out an earlier strike from the away side.
Speaking after full time, the interim boss said: "I've got the coat, and the manager's notebook and I've really enjoyed myself.

"After this, it's really inspired me and I really want to be a footballer - even more than I did before."
'Great insight'
The young gaffer, who is more often found working as a ball boy at the ground, had earlier hinted at his tactics before kick-off - making it clear that only 100% effort from his players would be enough.
He said: "I'll make sure to keep them high in confidence before the game.
"If they are not doing well at half-time then I will get in to them."

Dave Challinor, AFC Fylde's usual manager, said: "Dan's a massive help to the club on matchdays anyway, but he was obviously given a bit of a promotion.
"It's a great insight for him into what goes on in the dressing room and on the bench."

Comments

• Haha cracking story, what an experience
  • Is gonna Roland tonight...
  • How amazing that must have been for an 11yr old kid.

Think I might have actually burst with excitement at that age.
  • On a serious note does anyone remember when we played Brentford in the FA Cup back in our Premier League days.

They did something similar where you could buy as many tickets as you wanted with one bloke getting to stand with Martin Allen in the dugout