Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shooters hill

Is now a caravan park....

Comments

• Great i was wondering where to go on holiday this year. Sorted. ;-)
  • Just passed it a few minutes ago and spotted that. The area behind the old police station. Seems an odd place to make a caravan park. Bostall makes sense as it is an enclosed area, but this is open to two very busy main roads.
  • Used to be prefabs there after the war, lived there as a young child, brother born in the memorial hospital up the top.
  • TelMc32 said:

Just passed it a few minutes ago and spotted that. The area behind the old police station. Seems an odd place to make a caravan park. Bostall makes sense as it is an enclosed area, but this is open to two very busy main roads.

Remember walking into the old police station (it must have been operational on a part time basis) when I lived on Well Hall Road. I found a set of keys on nearby Eltham Common, thought I'd hand them into the police station, just walked in not a soul in there, found a pen and a bit of scrap paper and left them a note...bizaar.
  • TelMc32 said:

Just passed it a few minutes ago and spotted that. The area behind the old police station. Seems an odd place to make a caravan park. Bostall makes sense as it is an enclosed area, but this is open to two very busy main roads.

no where is too odd for the travelling community, they are in the car park of the Greenwicch free school too.
  • edited July 2015

TelMc32 said:

no where is too odd for the travelling community, they are in the car park of the Greenwicch free school too.
    Perhaps they think it is free to school their horses there.
  • Made me feel sick! Hope the idiots are gone soon!!!
  • edited July 2015
    Explains the newsshopper article about 60 police officers ending up dealing with a fight of 100+ people then...

(Before the accusations of stereotypes; the report specifically mentioned the beloved traveller community)
  • edited July 2015
    Didnt we previously send the players for a pre-season run up and down Shooters Hill. They probably havent done it this year in case the players get weighed down by too much lucky heather or hassled by requests to re-tarmac their drive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is now a caravan park....

Made a mess of the embankment opposite the Dutch House, and then moved to Butterfly Lane.

Still, Greenwich Council tax payers will pick up the rubbish removal bill.

• Currently pulling on to plumstead common.

Ah, those friendly travelling folk will make it like a non stop festival up there!

Sake....
  • If they live their lives travelling... how come they are only a major pain in the summer? It seems like the only source of issues in the non-summer months are those pesky 'non travelling travellers' who live permanently in one plot. (i.e St Mary Cray)

So where do these guys go in the colder months? Perhaps they migrate south like a flock of feral birds?
  • Cant stand them,absolute scum with no respect for anything or anyone. They moved into a field near me recently which is a lovely place to walk your dog,they were there for 4 days before the council moved them on. The council had to shut the field to the public due to building rubbish,paving rubbish and human excrement. Filthy c##ts
  • Maybe give them Vanessa Redgrave's address and tell them they're welcome to rock up at her place. She might change her views on them after a couple of weeks.
  • All over for the wake of a very old woman who linked loads of families apparently. All kicked off in The Red Lion on Thursday and Sun in Sands last night. From what I hear police did very good job, more like 250 than the 60 reported by News Shopper.
    Greenwich council always been good at moving them on or to official sites but with cuts that department isn't what it was,if it exists at all. Legendary bloke used to be in charge who took no crap from them, even rumoured to be tooled up but that is probably just an urban myth.
  • They left shooters hill today. Drove past a few hours ago and plenty of Council workers working on clearing away all the rubbish they left.

• Curb_It said:

They left shooters hill today. Drove past a few hours ago and plenty of Council workers working on clearing away all the rubbish they left.

It's spotless there now but as PBS reported earlier they are now on Winn Common.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Curb_It said:

They left shooters hill today. Drove past a few hours ago and plenty of Council workers working on clearing away all the rubbish they left.

It's spotless there now but as PBS reported earlier they are now on Winn Common.
    Need to be careful they put the brakes on!! Helluva hill if they roll off down Purrett Road...won't be much caravan left after the first couple of speed bumps!!
  • Apparently they are only here for a funeral and will be gone in a few days.
  • I've got the pleasure of tons of the cuddly traveller community all year round. They are a pain in the arse, I know travellers before anyone creates and nobody tells them to their face (me included) because they are a law untue themselves. Fair play Greenwich council fucking them off so quickly, just be thankful you don't have them on permanent sites anywhere near you
  • Down my way there is a proposal in to build a 2000 house 'town' on a disused airfield and part of the planning application is a dedicated traveller site.

Is not gone down well.

NIMBY
  • Where I live there is a permanent site and to be honest they keep themselves to themselves. A couple of them in the pub i spoke to said they don't like shitting on their own doorstep. Guess that's not the case for all of them... Literally.
  • Permanent sites are usually Romany Gypsies. It's the Irish tinkers that are the proper scumbags.
  • Permanent sites are usually Romany Gypsies. It's the Irish tinkers that are the proper scumbags.

True the site near me are Romany.
  • Is it safe to come out of my cellar yet ?

No, David Cameron is still in charge.
    Best you get back in your cellar and buckle down for the long haul.

You may miss our promotion season though, so on balance, rejoin us!