Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Strange, in more ways than one.
  • Very strange. Must be more to it
  • Luzon would do well there.
  • "fundamental differences" between the manager and the club's owners

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33338638
  • I reckon he is a very good manager, if he ever turned up at The Valley in charge of us, then I wouldn't complain.
  • Will be something to do with his son being sacked id imagine

'Leicester have sacked boss Nigel Pearson because of what they describe as "fundamental differences" between the manager and the club's owners.'

I'd imagine the sacking of his son is what they are talking about
  • Agreed. Good manager and would have him at The Valley any day.

Who's the favourite?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I reckon he is a very good manager, if he ever turned up at The Valley in charge of us, then I wouldn't complain.

Agreed. Good manager and would have him at The Valley any day.

Who's the favourite?

I would. He's a bit of a nut nut.
  • seth plum said:

I reckon he is a very good manager, if he ever turned up at The Valley in charge of us, then I wouldn't complain.

Who's the favourite?

I would. He's a bit of a nut nut.
    He is. But a good manager.
  • Any idea what price Curb's is for the job?
  • edited June 2015

Who's the favourite?

Paul McShane and EL Hadji Ba as joint managers.
  • edited June 2015
    another English manager bites the dust .. I suspect his replacement will be a foreigner and Pearson will end up managing a Championship club very soon .. Sheffield Wednesday perhaps ?
  • Does put pressure on championship managers though
  • "fundamental differences" between the manager and the club's owners

Namely that he is a middle-aged crisis but nut

• An egotistical prick, a bully and above all he is a real life NIGEL

Fair to say you are not overly impressed with him?
  • Powell should have waited. He'd have been good up there
  • Sponsored links:

• Any idea what price Curb's is for the job?

Isn't he ALWAYS 33/1? Haha

Big Sam has to be a front runner IMO
  • edited June 2015
    Sean Dyche is 4/1

Esteban Cambiasso is terrible value at 10/1
  • To be fair, it's pretty appalling that he failed to win the Champions League, the FA Cup and the Eurovision Song Contest in his first season in the Prem with a shoestring budget.

Bring in Rodgers.
  • An egotistical prick, a bully and above all he is a real life NIGEL

Fair to say you are not overly impressed with him?
    Obviously knows him well!!!!!
  • Pearson does everything a Club should expect of a Manager.

Gets the team playing attractive football, develops a siege mentality around the players and takes it from the media on their behalf when he has to.

How many other mangers with the resources that he had available to him (and when the side was all but relegated) and under the sort of pressure he was under at the time could have put a run together in the final nine games of seven wins, one draw and a sole defeat at the hands of the Premier League Champions?

• Pearson does everything a Club should expect of a Manager.

Gets the team playing attractive football, develops a siege mentality around the players and takes it from the media on their behalf when he has to.

How many other mangers with the resources that he had available to him (and when the side was all but relegated) and under the sort of pressure he was under at the time could have put a run together in the final nine games of seven wins, one draw and a sole defeat at the hands of the Premier League Champions?

And several things they should not. Unless he actually willingly signed a contract stipulating number of oppo players throttled per season? He's a decent manager no doubt but he seems far from a decent human being. Most owners are going to think twice about employing a man who for part of the season appeared on the verge of a psychotic break from reality.
  • thenewbie said:

Pearson does everything a Club should expect of a Manager.

And several things they should not. Unless he actually willingly signed a contract stipulating number of oppo players throttled per season? He's a decent manager no doubt but he seems far from a decent human being. Most owners are going to think twice about employing a man who for part of the season appeared on the verge of a psychotic break from reality.
    People do "funny" things under pressure and sometimes cross the line for which they should rightly be punished. Though I'm not sure all Managers are equal when it comes to punishments.

Fergie has throttled a few players in his time and Mourinho has been known to poke the opposition coach in the eye. Perhaps they should be labelled "psychotic" too.
  • edited July 2015