Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins Record Breaker

edited June 2015 in General Charlton
I know this was mentioned on another thread but surely deserves one of its own

1st day back at training today and Jordan Cousins broke the club record for 1500m by over 15 seconds

Morgan Fox was actually right on his heels so almost had the record himself

Comments

• Probably worth another million or two that.
  • Excellent news that they are looking after themselves in the off season and not requiring a whole pre-season just to get fitness back.
  • What was his time ?
  • The previous record was held by Astrit Ajdarević who managed to complete it in 3 hours, 35 minutes and 18 seconds.

Whilst simultaneously eating his way through a bargain bucket - in between drags on a fag on his left hand.
  • Peter Garland could wipe the floor with him
  • shame he wont be here at the start of the season
  • edited June 2015
    itsmyball said:

shame he wont be here at the start of the season

You got the lottery numbers for Wednesday why you are at it Meg?
  • Call Norris McWhirter
  • Sponsored links:

• The previous record was held by Astrit Ajdarević who managed to complete it in 3 hours, 35 minutes and 18 seconds.

How many days did it take?
  • Tim will be pleased
  • Time he started breaking some records on the pitch. COUSINS OUT!
  • Was seriously hoping Tony Watt would be doing everything possible to be fit over the Summer break. Not sure if this is anything to go by, but it doesn't look like he has!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Watt is a sprinter JC is a long distance runner... A striker usually runs 3-5km a game whereas a box to box midfielder usually tops 10-15km

You want new strikers if they're only running 3-5km a game. You want 8 even upto 10km from your striker and 15km would be not too far from what most Championship midfielders cover in a busy game.
  • TBF Bloom said that they ran individual records and set a group record too in Olly's Periscope link. It is all in context anyway. We don't know what time Tony or Jordan ran it in (well I don't know what the 1500m club record was) and they may well have been 5min - 5.30min milers which would not be too shabby!
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited June 2015

TBF Bloom said that they ran individual records and set a group record too in Olly's Periscope link. It is all in context anyway. We don't know what time Tony or Jordan ran it in (well I don't know what the 1500m club record was) and they may well have been 5min - 5.30min milers which would not be too shabby!

Cousins run it in 4mins 58secs and it was his own record he beat from 2 years ago:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-jordan-cousins-pre-season-training-2511430.aspx
  • edited June 2015
    He needs to be tested immediately for a performance enhancing substance.

If astrit was still at the club i should imagine it would have taken him until the day before the first game to finish 1500m.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Watt is a sprinter JC is a long distance runner... A striker usually runs 3-5km a game whereas a box to box midfielder usually tops 10-15km

Most goalkeepers cover more than strikers by that logic
  • Just saying but the 1500 is more a tactical race than a race to break records in...but i imagine in a football training context they'll all be going hell for leather.
  • edited June 2015
    Not in a million years does a Championship midfielder cover 15km on average in a 90 minute match. More like 9 or 10.
  • tbf, according to my phone, I've covered 13 miles today and I haven't run once.
  • tbf, according to my phone, I've covered 13 miles today and I haven't run once.

You can't include the time spent on the bus

• Over18 km/hr impressive. Idea for next work out.
  • edited June 2015

Dazzler21 said:

You want new strikers if they're only running 3-5km a game. You want 8 even upto 10km from your striker and 15km would be not too far from what most Championship midfielders cover in a busy game.
    Not sure that's quite correct. I remember Pritchard getting a load of press for covering something like 13km against Wolves a couple of years back and that was the highest tally of any player in the championship that season or something.
    Maybe I've overcooked the midfielders but I haven't for the strikers, I know George Boyd of Burnley AVERAGED just over 12km a match and that's over the course of the season, point still stands that if your striker usually runs 3-5km a game you are really going to struggle, there would be hardly any closing down and you'd be missing a fair few runs. Strikers cover similar to defenders and midfielders edge it with about 1.5x them both I would say.