Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When Lita starts...

When he starts on Saturday who is he going to start with...?
Varney, Iwelumo or Gray?

Comments

• Options
    Ideally Varney but we lack height in the team which could prove a problem at set pieces. For that reason he could start with Gray and Lita.
  • Options
    More likely Iwelumo than Gray i reckon, but id like to see what Lita and Varney could do up front. I love forwards with pace and mobility.
  • Options
    Smacks of desperation if you ask me....what is it going to do for team morale as well bringing in players on loan this late in the season...sends out the message to the other players that you are not good enough....
  • Options
    but they are proving that they are not good enough
  • Options
    hardly remember when we signed jim melrose from man city he got us some vital goals to get promotion scored on his debut in a two all draw
  • Options
    Millwall away ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]Smacks of desperation if you ask me....what is it going to do for team morale as well bringing in players on loan this late in the season...sends out the message to the other players that you are not good enough....

well they ain't !!!!....or if they are, then they aren't showing it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]Smacks of desperation if you ask me..

We ARE desperate!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]Smacks of desperation if you ask me....what is it going to do for team morale as well bringing in players on loan this late in the season...sends out the message to the other players that you are not good enough....[/quote]

Earlier in the season we were told that it takes time for the team to develop and understanding, now we have 4 new players, 5 if you include Gray. Hopefully they will mesh quickly, but so far Gray has failed to deliver, too early to judge Sinclair, Cooke not used much but unimpressive, Halford good start but one inconsistent performance, and Lita to play.

Personally I hate the loan system, if we reach the play opff final we could be playing with 5 non charlton players.
  • Options
    Hate the loan system? I dunno.

Every player signed on loan has an agenda or a point to prove.

If a player is looking for a new club, he'll bust a gut for a contract.

If the club want to sign him, then they get to see first hand the quality and character of the player - or not - before shelling out big bucks.

Prem players recovering from injury - like Danny Mills & Cookie, have to prove their fitness to their parent clubs if they want to go back and establish themselves - so again we should get a good deal.

In Lita's case, he's here to prove his manager wrong for not playing him - an angry, hungry player we would hope.
    And if he does score goals and help get us promoted then he may want to sign - and we'd know what we're getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would start with Gray we know he is good,just hasn't had the confidence of a goal to look sharp yet.
    Lita and Gray should be the best two strikers on our books this week so let's play them both.

As for the loan system I think we and many other clubs are taking the piss.
    No club should be allowed more than three players in on loan.
    And no loan players should be allowed to play in the play-offs - permies only.
  • Options
    We had a loan player in teh starting 11 at Wembley in 1998, and that turned out OK!
  • Options
    yes mr heaney indeed
  • Options
    What happened to him after Wembley 98 ?
  • Options
    Ended up at Darlington I think
  • Options
    How about starting with Gray and Lita and use Varney on right or left midfield?