Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another £2m Striker?... Frazier Campbell

WSSWSS
edited February 2008 in Rumours
Manchester United's highly-rated young striker Fraizer Campbell is wanted by Charlton for £2m. (Daily Mirror)

Guy who is at Hull yeah?

Comments

• Yes, scored against us here and got a good goal at the weekend although the Baggies stood off him a tad
  • I like him.

Does suggest that the money spent so far hasnt achieved what was intended.
  • Varney like although plays with his back to goal a tad more
  • Mayeb Pardews new tactic is just to buy every striker tha scores against us?
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Mayeb Pardews new tactic is just to buy every striker tha scores against us?

That chap Kevin Lisbie has potential
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Mayeb Pardews new tactic is just to buy every striker tha scores against us?

That chap Kevin Lisbie has potential

One for the future........
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Mayeb Pardews new tactic is just to buy every striker tha scores against us?

Worked for Curbishley...for a while
  • would snap their hands off in all honesty
  • Never really noticed this lad before to be honest, so no real opinion from me.

But can there really be anything in this ? No new signings can be made till the summer, and current targets are pretty low down the agenda at the mo given we don't know where we will be ?
  • I know the circumstances were quite different but we nicked HH from Ipswich mid term.

I recall seeing him in a live game on Sky some months back and he looked pretty good. Cant believe there wouldnt be more competition to sign him though.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]But can there really be anything in this ? No new signings can be made till the summer, and current targets are pretty low down the agenda at the mo given we don't know where we will be ?

West Brom have just bought Luke Moore outside of the transfer window. They've said it's a loan deal so he can play games this season with a fee already agreed for the end of the season.

Kinda makes the whole transfer window a little pointless for teams outside the Prem
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I recall seeing him in a live game on Sky some months back and he looked pretty good. Cant believe there wouldnt be more competition to sign him though.

I take it your still not talking about HH here!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]But can there really be anything in this ? No new signings can be made till the summer, and current targets are pretty low down the agenda at the mo given we don't know where we will be ?

West Brom have just bought Luke Moore outside of the transfer window. They've said it's a loan deal so he can play games this season with a fee already agreed for the end of the season.

Kinda makes the whole transfer window a little pointless for teams outside the Prem

Just people being clever and finding a creative way around the transfer window system.
  • [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I recall seeing him in a live game on Sky some months back and he looked pretty good. Cant believe there wouldnt be more competition to sign him though.

I take it your still not talking about HH here!!

Sorry about the poor presentation. Im sure you knew what I meant.
  • I'd have luke moore over campbell any day.
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but BBC website says that David Nugent will be going to Ipswich on loan this week.

A goal (sort of) on his England debut and a proven Championship striker - good signing...
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but BBC website says that David Nugent will be going to Ipswich on loan this week.

A goal (sort of) on his England debut and a proven Championship striker - good signing...

Yep, I'd be making enquiries if I were Pards.
  • How many strikers do we need though? Although Nugent is an excellent player in my opinion and Campbell looked good when we played Hull and according to my new oracle of all things Championship Peter Beagrie he is a bit special.

That's still a lot of pennies for a manyoo reserve who only has half a fizzy pop season under his belt?

Paper talk
  • Stoke picked up a good bargain from Utd though £1 million for Shawcross who has had a fantactic season.
  • Can't we get a decent coach on loan for a month who knows how to break teams down at home and motivate them for the lesser teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play Shawcross has been a very good signing for Stoke, he would be what I would think a more suitable player than another forward though?
  • Agreed i would be loathed to pay another large fee for a striker,however after a season would you consider him to be more experienced at this level than say Varney was or McCleod is (that's not a dig at izale).
  • Hmmmmmm good point, I would have to say he has more experiance than McLeod but not I suppose he's there or thereabouts in Lukes terms.

I'd say Varney will be a player we would do well to keep for next season. Also I've seen only as much of Campbell as most the rest of us (vs Hull)
  • first time youve called him mcleod for yonks buddy

still prefer the clown
  • after you fightin with other lifers all weekend i am now the voice of reason
  • meet up 2 nite for a beverage b4 the game and you can pass tips on peace keeping
  • basically it's called not posting anymore ;-)
  • You're "whispers" are awfully loud folks ;-)