Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BT Football Classics & Remembering schoolboy football names

Just watching Arsenal v Villa on Football Classics, not sure of the year but its at Highbury. I'd forgotten how much I used to snigger every time Seaman touched the ball. Also reminded me of Paul Dickov and the spanish player Ufahrte, not to forget our own Shittu.

However, nothing beats Seaman on the ball!!

Comments

• I had "Seaman" on the back of an England shirt (snigger) when I was a young kid, remember a couple of girls laughing at me and had no idea why!
  • edited April 2015
    Still happens now. My son sniggers on FIFA15 when playing Millwall if Cummings gets the ball and deliberately trys to score in the 69th minute...
  • In this respect Stefan Kuntz is a legend
  • Kenny Achampong and John Chiedozie still raise a smirk for me. Just because they sound funny

And Rueben Agboola
  • Wayne Wanklyn
  • He didn't play football, but I had a housemate called Benjamin James Staines.
  • When I was a rep we had a customer who once said that his daughter "had just discovered football and loved Seaman". Did we laugh, and he didn't get it. Also Danny Shitto at Millwallies still raises a smile.
  • edited April 2015
    the best was tony woodcock and kuntz
  • stevec said:

When I was a rep we had a customer who once said that his daughter "had just discovered football and loved Seaman". Did we laugh, and he didn't get it. Also Danny Shittu at Millwallies still raises a smile.

One of our own, Charlton Academy
  • Sponsored links:

• Kid at my sons' school was called Wayne Kerr, sad parents or what.
  • Wasn't there a foreign GK called Quim or similar?
  • no so old I know but always liked a bit of Arshavin

also Alexander Kačaniklić always made me laugh, catch an itch
  • Didn't Middlesbrough have Fuchs and Kuntz up front together ?
  • Cambiasso sounds like he can't be assed (in Italian).
  • Didn't Middlesbrough have Fuchs and Kuntz up front together ?

Crystal Palace always play with 11 Kuntz in their team.
  • Funsie Banjo always made me smile and I met an American called Wayne King.
  • On SSN sport today the coach of Wasps Dai Young - obviously an unwanted child
  • Wasn't there a foreign GK called Quim or similar?

Yeah Portugal reserve keeper in 2004 I saw his name in the squad lists in the paper. Made me giggle all the way through the tournament and for me wins best silly name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Wasn't there a foreign GK called Quim or similar?

Yeah Portugal reserve keeper in 2004 I saw his name in the squad lists in the paper. Made me giggle all the way through the tournament and for me wins best silly name.
    Shame Seamen and Quim were not in the same games .. could have been fodder for some comical commentary.

Another comical name is the Swiss team "Young Boys", giggled all the way through Spurs v Young Boys a couple of years ago.
  • Think I've spelt this right, Tozser playing for Watford