Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• We are ranked joint 14th in the country for global fanbase. Good but I'm not sure how they come to that figure?
  • We are ranked joint 14th in the country for global fanbase. Good but I'm not sure how they come to that figure?

They explain it's based on global following on the clubs' Twitter and Facebook accounts. Must be a lot more overseas Addicks than we thought. Without that 14 ranking Charlton would be quite a bit lower in the overall table. Not to be taken seriously anyway.

They explain it's based on global following on the clubs' Twitter and Facebook accounts. Must be a lot more overseas Addicks than we thought. Without that 14 ranking Charlton would be quite a bit lower in the overall table. Not to be taken seriously anyway.
    I read somewhere that the Charlton Twitter tweets more than any team in England so this would make sense
  • Another interesting thing I'm seeing with global fan base, the higher numbers for that category seem to mostly correspond to premier league clubs or London clubs, so maybe people from outside the UK just like the idea of following a London based club
  • Would assume our facebook/twitter followers are swelled by a lapsed Iranian /Reza fan club.
  • Rossman92 said:

Another interesting thing I'm seeing with global fan base, the higher numbers for that category seem to mostly correspond to premier league clubs or London clubs, so maybe people from outside the UK just like the idea of following a London based club

I would have thought that more tourists and temporary migrants (students + workers) come to London and so are more likely to adopt a London Club.

London is also the biggest conurbation so more likely to have fans moving overseas to live or work
  • Rossman92 said:

Another interesting thing I'm seeing with global fan base, the higher numbers for that category seem to mostly correspond to premier league clubs or London clubs, so maybe people from outside the UK just like the idea of following a London based club

I would have thought that more tourists and temporary migrants (students + workers) come to London and so are more likely to adopt a London Club.

London is also the biggest conurbation so more likely to have fans moving overseas to live or work
    That fits me. Came to London from NZ on work visa in '07 started following due to going to the Valley with a workmate then online via Dr Kish (got me hooked on great CAFC blogs) and am now a global Charlton twitter follower as back in Dunedin NZ. I tell everyone I know here that I don't know the Super Rugby score but can give them an update on Charlton.
  • edited March 2015
    I have still yet to find another Chinese Addick here in China. :(

Those nutty Gent supporters who were over the other game!
  • edited March 2015
    This really is a load of tosh. Look at the rankings for us & Derby regarding "Crowds" if you want proof of that. Don't waste your brain cells trying to figure any of this out...
  • Sponsored links:

• Would assume our facebook/twitter followers are swelled by a lapsed Iranian /Reza fan club.

Ah so there was a point to signing him...