Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff Away

Currently looking at booking the train for this.

Anyone know how long it takes to get from the station to the ground? Not sure what time to book coming back.

Ta.

Comments

• About 30 minute walk .There are a couple of local stations that you could get there closer. The ground is next to the old site of Ninian Park.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/cardiff_city/
  • For those interested, parking is also good as well.
  • I'd allow plenty of time after the game to allow time for Guy Luzon to wave to the Charlton fans :-)

I've just booked this. My last visit was the game in which they clinched promotion, a very different atmosphere this time!
  • Currently looking at booking the train for this.

Anyone know how long it takes to get from the station to the ground? Not sure what time to book coming back.

Ta.

@Clem_Snide I'd stay in Cardiff for a few beers before the game as there's not much around the ground. Then catch the train from Cardiff Central to Ninian Park station (5min journey) and walk two minutes to the ground.
  • Thanks all. Have booked the 6.25 coming back so should have plenty of time.
  • Anyone know how many tickets have been sold for this?
  • edited March 2015
    By yesterday night about 700, train ticket wise not sure!
  • edited March 2015
    Got tickets today. New ground as well making it number 86 for me.
  • got four tickets for this yesterday so yet again after a couple of wins i go and get carried away and book up the next away trip and this time to a different country. Imagine if we played well most of the time and was in europe. i'll be up shit creek.

i guess there will be roughly a 1000 of us up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Am going down today to get 2 tickets. Wasn't going to go but after last night I want to watch as many games as I can until the end of the season.
  • E-cafc said:

Am going down today to get 2 tickets. Wasn't going to go but after last night I want to watch as many games as I can until the end of the season.

This comment sends a message to the club's management and ownership doesn't it? We are not difficult fans or hard to please but when we can see things that are wrong we want to see them being addressed. On the pitch then under Luzon, so far so good. Now let's look at the off the pitch issues?
  • Would expect to take a lot for this, new ground (for most), great city and the team is on a good run.
  • Would expect to take a lot for this, new ground (for most), great city and the team is on a good run.

My second visit, I feel like a veteran :-)

E-cafc said:

Am going down today to get 2 tickets. Wasn't going to go but after last night I want to watch as many games as I can until the end of the season.

This comment sends a message to the club's management and ownership doesn't it? We are not difficult fans or hard to please but when we can see things that are wrong we want to see them being addressed. On the pitch then under Luzon, so far so good. Now let's look at the off the pitch issues?
    That's one of the things about football clubs, when you're struggling on the pitch, all the off the field nonsense is vitally important. When you're playing well and winning (and Millwall losing) then it doesn't matter so much...
  • if we take 1,000 there then that's pretty impressive IMO
  • Got 5 tickets. Have a season ticket but this is a bit closer for me! Hopefully get a good turnout. COYR.
  • Looking forward to Saturday had this day sorted for a while, come on u addicks .
  • edited March 2015
    Larkfield 7:50AM
    Gravesend 8:15AM
    Dartford 8:30AM
    Bexleyheath 8:45AM
    Bromley 8:20AM
    Eltham 8:45AM
    Charlton 9:00AM

Anyone know the exact pick up points of these places? Which is closest to a train station?

Never mind. Southeastern have buggered that plan.
  • E-cafc said:

Am going down today to get 2 tickets. Wasn't going to go but after last night I want to watch as many games as I can until the end of the season, before RD flogs them all, like he just did at Standard Liege.

• Sponsored links:

• Larkfield 7:50AM
    Gravesend 8:15AM
    Dartford 8:30AM
    Bexleyheath 8:45AM
    Bromley 8:20AM
    Eltham 8:45AM
    Charlton 9:00AM

Anyone know the exact pick up points of these places? Which is closest to a train station?

Never mind. Southeastern have buggered that plan.

I presume it's too late, but for future reference, out of the bottom 4, the answer is Charlton, as they pick up across the road in Anchor & Hope Lane. I don't know about the top 3.
  • Thanks CE.
  • E-cafc said:

Very wise as we don't know how many of the current team will still be here next season ?
  • "I smell English". Be safe people.
  • This was going to be my 2nd away trip of the season until my mrs booked her 30th bday celebrations :(

It had all the ingredients I look for in an away game, ie new ground
  • Anyone know of a decent pub in the capital of the principality where goodly traveling folk can meet n drink?
  • We're heading for the Lansdowne which is about 15 minutes from the ground. http://thelansdownecardiff.co.uk/
  • We're heading for the Lansdowne which is about 15 minutes from the ground. http://thelansdownecardiff.co.uk/

I'll be in the Canton Cross, around the corner.

I'll be in the Canton Cross, around the corner.
    Good shout too.
  • see you all there