Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The chairmans is talking to us

What he is saying come and see my Guys play Chris Powell's team and only for a fiver, unless like me you are a season ticket holder then it will cost you on average about £15. Well he's got himself a full house, so let the game's begin. I wonder if it will be a thumb up or down at the end by K M

Comments

• I thought it was generally about this time of year anyway they did the 'football for a fiver' game anyway, could well have been pencilled in before Powell was appointed there and it's just a coincidence. Even if not it's really not a big conspiracy, if the tickets are going cheap then the more you sell the better, and CP is a big draw. Seems pretty sensible to me.
  • The principle of offering a game for a fiver once a season does not upset me, a season-ticket holder.
    But in terms of marketing, the decision to make it this game seems fairly ridiculous. The return of Chris Powell was always going to give rise to a higher gate than usual.
    I would have thought a better choice would have been for the less attractive games, such as home to Rotherham or Blackpool or even Wigan.
  • edited February 2015
    I have never had an issue with this idea, in fact I have been a FF5 leaflet distributor for about 3+ years.

We will only survive in the long run with new supporters joining us - and we have competition for the punter's leisure £ from all kinds of places.

It has other benefits too, I remember Matt Taylor talking about playing for Exeter against us in a full stadium and how it made him want to play for us.

Glad we are full and noisy today - especially for the return of CP, and you never know if a beneficial investor may be watching and admiring our potential. Perhaps getting rid of the "Doo$h" clan and returning us to a happy community/family run club like we used to be.