Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool - Clubs/Bars/Nightlife

edited February 2008 in Match Day Travel
I have had a bit of a look into clubs/bars that are possibilities for Saturday night in Blackpool. It'd be quite a laugh if all those staying up for the Saturday night end up in the same place perhaps, so thought we could get a rough plan together on here ahead of saturday so that those people going up that don't know people on here, can head along to the places if they want to bump into us/avoid us.
Some of these bars below could be closed, not sure how up to date some of the sites are. Also options for drinking before/after the game?
Options so far:

The Syndicate - Blackpool's (possibly the uk's) biggest club, holds 4,000 people, this is meant to be good, however, this saturday is a special "trance" night, and I can't find out if this is the only type of music played. I think it'd be good to go somewhere with a bit of variety....?
www.blackpool.thesyndicate.com

Liquid Lounge -
www.liquidlounge.info

Beat - Electro - "Beat Nightclub is a dance club located above the Rose & Crown on Blackpool’s Corporation Street. Open Fridays and Saturdays to the general public. Formerly known as Blue - has been host to James Lavelle, Scratch Perverts and like. Plays breaks, electro, house and hip hop."

Flamingos - Funky House - "One of the best gay nightclubs in Blackpool. Brand new club, only a few weeks old, built to replace the old flamingos. "

Flares -
www.flaresbars.com

Peppermint Lounge - House - "musically the club changes genre every week, mainly dipping into the melting pot FUNKYBREAKS/ELECTRO/HIPHOP/DIRTYHOUSE...... "

Blue - HipHop, Garage, RnB - "Very good club, mint music if you like r n b, hip hop and dance"

Club Heaven & Hell - Pop/Commercial -
www.partyhandbook.co.uk/page.aspx?n=VENUE460

Club one eleven - Hard House/Trance - "Strictly for the serious clubber! Offers a unique range to bouncy hard house and old skool, with many different promotions every week."

Jellies - Pop/Commercial - Located In the Heart Of The City Of Entertainment. The Party Capital Of Blackpool plays host to the glitterati of the UK as we take the whole of Blackpool to Party Heaven!
www.partyhandbook.co.uk/page.aspx?n=VENUE524

Klub DNA - House/Trance - "Playing the best in Bouncy House & Trance. Check out our website for more information!!"

Linekars - Popular/Commercial - "This a beach bar/club with one dance floor playing commercial tunes." – Looks like its closed for refurb

Palace - House - "A stylish, spacious club, playing commercial dance. Quite expensive."

Rafters Night Club - Pop/Commercial - "Fleetwood's number 1 night club, open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10pm-2am."

Sanuk - Garage/Hip Hop/Urban - It has 5 rooms of dif genres of music, which include...DANCE RnB CHEESE POP CHART. Members available...free admission b4 11-11.45!! Dress code - SMART and stylish - replaced the waterfront bar
www.clubsanuk.com/home.asp

Springs - Popular/Commercial - Next to the Hilton, Smart Dress

The Edge - Hard House/Trance - Bringing you the best in hard dance

Topside Acid - House - A club catering for all kinds of clubbers

Yates' South Prom - Pop/Commercial dance - Lively, clean ans safe bar, with Dj and dance floor. Also great food. Superb friendly staff and a great atmosphere. opening untill 2.00am.
www.pub-explorer.com/lancs/pub/yatesblackpoolsouth.htm

The best bars according to a bbc guide are:
www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/going_out/clubbing/bpool/bars.shtml

Schofields
Walkabout
Litten Tree
Cahoots
NTK

Comments

• Try the bars in the town centre like the Walkabout etc etc and that'll keep you more then amused.

Syndicates is great, but I thought it was split with upstairs being the proper club, and the downstairs a Venue type place.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and the downstairs a Venue type place.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! ;-)
  • There's meant to be a few decent 'scene' clubs up there, not that anyone apart from me would be interested.
  • You are all going to Palace! Get yer fake tan on and perhaps you can learn to tango there...
  • Very difficult for groups of blokes (especially from London) to get in anywhere in Blackpool....only place that would let us in was Linekers, everywhere else all of a sudden became a 'member's only' place when they realised where we were from !
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]There's meant to be a few decent 'scene' clubs up there, not that anyone apart from me would be interested.

Flamingo's seems to cater for a particular 'scene' mate.
  • When we went to the Darts up there, we didn't have too many problems, especially in places like around Walkabouts.
  • The syndicate is good for a 'proper clubbing' night
    dont forget you jack & jills!
  • LOL Not exactly what I meant Sco!
  • Good work Miss sausage,
    The Venue type place has got to be the place to be, football, booze and a bit of indie (with some tacky stuff thrown in) PERFECT!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• spent my entire stag weekend and that of another friend a year earlier at Lineker's not sure what it would be like this time of the year
  • Dicko, Gumbo and myself can do a search around Friday lunchtime for you all !
  • Liquid Lounge get in!!
    if anything like the maidstone one of past era i will be holed up in there!!
  • Walkabout sounds like home from home for us.....I'll be heading there
  • Good work Suzi,

Syndicates doesn't sound my cup of tea if they have a trance night.

Went to Heaven & Hell on my stag do a few years ago which ticked all boxes. I was dressed up, with a long blonde wig on, and the bouncer that squeezed my arse got a disappointing shock when i turned round !
  • Flamingo's for me :-)
  • Syndicate looks more hard house than trancey on Saturday night.

The sort of club you need to be semi sober at, not sure its a good idea after a day on the beer.

Im gonna struggle to please a crowd who are a mixture of married/engaged who want banging tunes and getting ruined and single/on the pull looking for any music where cheap northern slappers are :)
  • I think a venue type place would be ideal also as it will suit everyone. however, from the descriptions and the websites, they don't seem to have that!

linekars is shut apparently, and that syndicate with its trance special is particularly offputting, whether it has a cheese floor or not!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]Very difficult for groups of blokes (especially from London) to get in anywhere in Blackpool....only place that would let us in was Linekers, everywhere else all of a sudden became a 'member's only' place when they realised where we were from !

we've seen you when drunk - Norwich....its not that surprising :-)
  • As long as we're together we'll have a good time.

It's the people you are with, not where you are at.

Cuddle?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]As long as we're together we'll have a good time.

It's the people you are with, not where you are at.

Cuddle?

hence why it'd be good to have a rough plan so that we can all cuddle when we get there ?!? :-)
  • What about Jellies, that looks middle of the road.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]Very difficult for groups of blokes (especially from London) to get in anywhere in Blackpool....only place that would let us in was Linekers, everywhere else all of a sudden became a 'member's only' place when they realised where we were from !

we've seen you when drunk - Norwich....its not that surprising :-)

Qui moi ???...;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]What about Jellies, that looks middle of the road.

yep, i've just read somewhere that its shut!! argh!
  • Ive been in contact with a Manc mate and he reckons a good daytime football pub is The Manchester which is near Central Pier.

Not sure what the 12.45/5.15 games are but might end up there for them.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Well Southend, I recommend The Dartford

I think you'd like The Southend

;-)
  • Tee hee.

Original these Northerners arent they :)
  • A mate of a mate is running Linekers there at the moment and I wasn't under the impression it was shut?
  • says on the website its being done up.
    there is also another club that looks good but it doesn't open till march!
  • Remember going to Blackpool way back in 85/86 on Big D's coach (sadly he's no longer with us), after winning at Carlisle and gaining promotion, what a weekend.