Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins

Sorry to come over all Paulie but I think the one beacon of light in a sea of darkness deserves his own thread.

Thanks Jordan for caring and putting it in. I hope you realise that the booing and general toxicity is not directed at you and the players that actually appear to give a sh** but the hierarchy who have systematically dismantled our club.

Comments

• Yep, can't fault him for effort and, along with Gudmondssen, looks like the one most able to make something happen. Needs to sort his barnet out though!
  • Did he play left mid again last night?
  • edited February 2015

Did he play left mid again last night?

Until Jacko went off yes.
  • edited February 2015
    Player of the year by a country mile - I hope the message gets to him that his efforts have not gone unnoticed and the fans are proud of him.
  • For the past few months it seems like he is the only one who really wants it, despite being played out wide
  • LenGlover said:

Sorry to come over all Paulie but I think the one beacon of light in a sea of darkness deserves his own thread.

Thanks Jordan for caring and putting it in. I hope you realise that the booing and general toxicity is not directed at you and the players that actually appear to give a sh** but the hierarchy who have systematically dismantled our club.

Couldn't agree more.He is still developing in terms of technical ability and know how but always gives 100%. I made the point on the post match views thread about the effect of booing on the likes of Cousins, Solly, Jacko, Wiggins - I hope they ALL realise it's not aimed at them personally.
  • On the post match thread I felt Cousins was really impressive the way he tried to galvinise the team after their third goal... Definitely a future Captain if he's here long enough
  • Cousins has to play in the middle as he adds pace, drive and energy plus looks to push forward which is seriously lacking when he is not in there, this was demonstrated last night as soon as the switch was made!
  • Well said Len.
  • Sponsored links:

• agree totally Len. I have a lot of time for Jordan and he's wasted out wide, should be playing centrally without a shadow of a doubt.
  • I don't blame him for giving 100%. He's young enough and talented enough to get himself a decent move to a more stable club, instead of being at one that's part of a stable. Gomez will do the same if given a chance to play...........
  • I don't see the technical ability in him as most others seem to, but there is no doubting his effort.

Chris Solly is my POTY so far.
  • cafctom said:

I don't see the technical ability in him as most others seem to, but there is no doubting his effort

Agree with others that he should be playing centrally but also with this. I don't see technical ability as one of his strengths but he has enough about him in that area and I think he'll improve given regular games in CM.
  • 10000% agree with the OP,as mentioned before he is vital to us,and plays for the shirt that no one else seems to.
  • POTY by a long way.

Solly has been OK but not outstanding and can only play a 1/3 of games.
  • I bet the players do check in on this forum every so often. I imagine, especially after a loss, there's this pang of rising fear when a player sees a thread with his name as the title. In this case the relief must have been like a teeny bit of heroin. I hope he enjoyed this one.
  • Fantastic to see him developing even amid all this carnage. From being nurtured as a right back, he's slowly but surely becoming a very good modern CENTRAL midfielder, working on his weaknesses and adding new strengths as he learns. His energy and resolve are priceless at the moment. As Len so rightly said, thank-you for caring.
  • He is not going to dribble past players, but he is athletic, strong, likes a tackle, scores goals and can pass over a range of distances. What's not to like?
  • Sponsored links:

• He just gives the ball away too much for me but saying that, would still have no problem with him replacing JJ in the middle from now on. If his retention of possession improves, I'd try him with the captaincy
  • edited February 2015
    He's a centre mid, so play him there.

I'm sure if relegation happens or a bid that Roly deems acceptable, he will be gone. Either that or he will go on a 5 season long loan to that 3rd division German network outfit.
  • Player of the year by a country mile - I hope the message gets to him that his efforts have not gone unnoticed and the fans are proud of him.

Does he have a song yet? That'd help get the message through.
  • edited February 2015

Player of the year by a country mile - I hope the message gets to him that his efforts have not gone unnoticed and the fans are proud of him.

Does he have a song yet? That'd help get the message through.
    He's one of our own, he's one of our own Jordan Cousins is one of our own

didn't get an airing last night though other than me!
  • Purely as a player, and cuttting him slack due to being played out of position, I have not been Jordan's greatest fan. He's good, but I can't myself see a justification (yet?) for the hype. However, during this period if turpitude and systematic destruction of the spirit of our club, the lad has as the OP said been a beacon. He's' one of our own and for that and his undoubted effort I salute him.
  • Like a young Toure. Nowhere near as strong though.

Very strong in the air, lots of pace, lots of heart, decent technique, great engine, good leadership too. If he's here next season we could do a lot worse than make him our captain or vice captain.

Extremely important to the team and still very young. A diamond in a sea of turd

• I just don't see what everyone else does. It must be me.
  • edited February 2015

I just don't see what everyone else does. It must be me.

It sure is, TO !

Jordan just gets his head down & gives his best every time he's on the pitch.

A player that's proud to wear the shirt and a shining example to his lesser committed colleagues ....and we all know who they are this season.

• edited February 2015
    I'm not sure any player stands out for player of the season on their ability and high performance level except perhaps JBG for his occasional glimpses of real skill and finishing.
    But for commitment, attitude, honesty and toil it should be Cousins as a shoe in for the award. In a quality team he would show his technical ability aswell. Unfortunately he is having to show the less aesthetic parts of his game at the moment.
  • I just don't see what everyone else does. It must be me.

+1
    Nothing against him at all, but just seems a bit accident prone.