Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sir John Hawkshaw

New wetherspoons opened today in Cannon Street station. I'll be trying it out today at Levi's and heading down to the match after making sure i am suitably fed and watered.

Should be a little gold mine considering the amount of SE trains that are cancelled.

Comments

• ive been waiting for this day since bonapartes went!
  • Ive been wanting to mention this new pub but im sure i've missed a few in jokes about a new pub in Cannon Street on here and had completely missed the joke somehow.. so i didnt want to bring it up.

Anyway better option than that crappy ABOne opposite.
  • damn, thought this was going to be about our new owner.
  • yep - will be a goldmine that place, ABO opposite station is terrible
  • New wetherspoons opened today in Cannon Street station. I'll be trying it out today at Levi's and heading down to the match after making sure i am suitably fed and watered.

Should be a little gold mine considering the amount of SE trains that are cancelled.

I'll try and resist the temptation to spend the whole evening there and miss the match tonight!
  • Phew!

If that had been open when I was a City lad well, I doubt if I'd of been here today...

Six bottles of Westons White Top with the train just next door, bloody lethal!
  • Is London Stone still open opposite the station? Downstairs, next to ABO. Was always a bit cosy, although the hidden doors to the loos were a pain when you actually needed to go and the "ghost" sounds became a bit tedious after a while. Always better than ABO anyway :smile:

They'll certainly have a captive audience at the new bar, with the number of delays/cancellations. SouthEastern should run it themselves...profits would pay for all the upgrades they need in no time!!
  • Actually, forget that...SouthEastern running it would probably mean that your pint would turn up late and then it wouldn't be what you ordered and your train would finally be ready to go before you got the right beer!!! :-(
  • It won't be better than the Pelt Trader !
  • They did a trial day on Friday during which all food and drink was free! A very pleasant couple of hours that was....

I'll be in there for a bit tonight. A new pub at Cannon Street has been a long time coming......
  • Sponsored links:

• Brass monkeys outside... Sweat box inside.... Drunk too much .... Got too pissed! What hapened? Did we win?
  • New wetherspoons opened today in Cannon Street station. I'll be trying it out today at Levi's and heading down to the match after making sure i am suitably fed and watered.

I'll try and resist the temptation to spend the whole evening there and miss the match tonight!
    I wish I had...