Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cristiano Ronaldo

I know the bloke got a stupid about of stick for Rooney stamping on a player in the summer, but is there anyone better at the moment in the Premiership, or even in Europe?

You look at the bloke, he's 6"1, great ball control with both feet, fuck you attitude, pace, increasingly strong physically, staying on his feet more as well. What's he going to be like when he's 25?

Comments

• Great player, BUT t0sser! So will stay arrogant and hate him.

I prefer Kaka of AC Milan.
  • The Guy is quality, playing in the Prem for a couple of years has toughened him up considerably. His first season he was just like the rest of his countrymen just a cheat. Now he' probably one of the worlds greatest young players.
  • edited January 2015
    Madrid drawing 1-1 away to Cordoba, you need your big players to step up

what does Ronaldo do, he punches a Cordoba player (the ref never saw it)

2 minutes later he did the same thing and got sent off
  • Why a thread from 2006? ffs

Because I did not want to start a new thread so I typed Cristiano Ronaldo into search and clicked on this as it was a thread about him

is that good enough for you master, as you seem to be questioning everything I do at the moment

I had sausages for a snack earlier, would you like to question that to
    Hows the ping pong going?
  • Sausages on their bloomin' own!! - Are you flipping mad Paulie... Who would have sausages on their own!! ;)
  • anyway back to the punches

if that was anyone else they would be looking at a lengthy ban
    lets see what Ronaldo gets
  • Sponsored links:

2015 Ballon D'Or most like... with that punch being erased from the Football History books
  • "OH YA-eee, Zuba bum de dah" - on fuckin loop!
  • pretty sure he wants a move and wants to make it impossible for madrid to keep him as they won't ever sell him imo.

We get it, you like Barcelona.
  • Ronaldo is way overrated and past his best, he should do the decent thing and grace the valley for the next 5 months, he's scored more goals so far this season than the whole charlton team put together.
  • gosh those are 2 rubbish punches. defender doesnt even blink for the first and the second is so feeble that you can see the moment between the impact and the simulation.

Its like he goes for a clothes line then pulls out, remembering that CR7 is more of a pants line.

This is not about me Liking Barcelona and thinking Messi is better than Ronaldo

this is about the fact a professional player throw 2 punches on the pitch and people are ignoring it cos its Ronaldo
    if it was Buyens who did that people would be in uproar and talking about a lifetime ban
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

Why a thread from 2006? ffs

Because I did not want to start a new thread so I typed Cristiano Ronaldo into search and clicked on this as it was a thread about him

is that good enough for you master, as you seem to be questioning everything I do at the moment

Were they veggie sausages?

this is about the fact a professional player throw 2 punches on the pitch and people are ignoring it cos its Ronaldo
    if it was Buyens who did that people would be in uproar and talking about a lifetime ban
    It happened this evening and he got a red card. It's on Sports News, Reddit, CharltonLife... Who is ignoring it? Where is the conspiracy here?
  • Why a thread from 2006? ffs

You mean "too" Paulie.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

anyway back to the punches

It happened this evening and he got a red card. It's on Sports News, Reddit, CharltonLife... Who is ignoring it? Where is the conspiracy here?
    Within minutes of it happening in rugby last year it was all over twitter and news programmes, people saying lifetime ban

type Ronaldo into twitter and all people are doing is posting videos, no mention of it being a disgrace to football(which it is)
    they mentioned it on SSN but again no one said he should be banned for a long time

we all know better players get away with alot more, but something like this deserves a long ban
    is it anyworse than what Cantona did or Suarez
  • Fucks sake Paulie, I gave you about 4,000 old programs a few weeks ago hoping it would shut you up!

(only joking... quality threadige as usual!)
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Within minutes of it happening in rugby last year it was all over twitter and news programmes, people saying lifetime ban

type Ronaldo into twitter and all people are doing is posting videos, no mention of it being a disgrace to football(which it is)
    they mentioned it on SSN but again no one said he should be banned for a long time

we all know better players get away with alot more, but something like this deserves a long ban
    Balls... Throw punches like that on a rugby pitch and you'd get a lifetime ban through embarrassment...or more likely you would just get knocked out by the fella you have just scratched.

Normal ban for violent conduct plus a game or two for the first offence. You are letting your frustration with CR7 as a player cloud your judgment. Cantona and Suarez, being extremely unique events, are in no way comparable.

It's a strike and red card for violent conduct (*2 I concede) nothing more nothing less. Does it another 2 times in a season then you can apply a bigger penalty for repeat offenders and that's what led to Suarez ban at Barca, plus the fact that he seems to be the only professional in the world that likes to bite.

Should the other 50 players that would have been sent off for violent conduct this weekend across Europe also get extended bans? If he is banned for longer then that would only be due to populist approach by the disciplinary process, just like the ridiculous initial 2 week prison sentence for common assault Cantona was given at first instance

Done you a kipper there Paulie, chin up and there's always the next game.

we get it, you don't like Buyens.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Balls... Throw punches like that on a rugby pitch and you'd get a lifetime ban through embarrassment...or more likely you would just get knocked out by the fella you have just scratched.

Normal ban for violent conduct plus a game or two for the first offence. You are letting your frustration with CR7 as a player cloud your judgment. Cantona and Suarez, being extremely unique events, are in no way comparable.

It's a strike and red card for violent conduct (*2 I concede) nothing more nothing less. Does it another 2 times in a season then you can apply a bigger penalty for repeat offenders and that's what led to Suarez ban at Barca, plus the fact that he seems to be the only professional in the world that likes to bite.

Should the other 50 players that would have been sent off for violent conduct this weekend across Europe also get extended bans? If he is banned for longer then that would only be due to populist approach by the disciplinary process, just like the ridiculous initial 2 week prison sentence for common assault Cantona was given at first instance

Twice in the same game he has punched a player, and you think its fine

not the first time he has done it either having twice punched Godin in the Spanish Super Cup earlier this season

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/cristiano-ronaldo-twice-throw-punch-4094729

okay maybe the second one against godin was a slap, but he has previous
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Twice in the same game he has punched a player, and you think its fine

not the first time he has done it either having twice punched Godin in the Spanish Super Cup earlier this season

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/cristiano-ronaldo-twice-throw-punch-4094729

okay maybe the second one against godin was a slap, but he has previous
    I never said it was fine anywhere I just said what would be the appropriate penalty.

I didn't know about the cup incident. I agree that repeat offences might lead to greater sanctions.

All Ronaldos punches are slaps. He is a slapper. A wanton slapper.