Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Martin Ødegaard

Supposedly the next big thing. 16 year old Norwegian kid who already has three international appearances.

Signed for Real Madrid today on an 80k per week contract.

Another one Roland missed out on... when will we show some ambition? FFS

Comments

• 80k for a 16 y.o worlds gone mad.
    What are the odds he will make it to the top in football.
    Could be playing for us in a few years on 80k a year.
  • One of the worst clubs he could have joined I reckon... Somewhere like Ajax or even Liverpool where kids are being given a chance would have been a perfect way for him to advance.

Had he been good enough there he could then have made the move to Real Madrid, Barcelona etc... and would have gone into the First Team that way.

Now I cant see us ever really hearing of him again, he was a big fish in Norway, now he's gone to other kids looking to become big fish also (with Madrid Castilla) so will disappear into the big pond
  • 80k for a 16 y.o worlds gone mad.
    What are the odds he will make it to the top in football.
    Could be playing for us in a few years on 80k a year.

I dunno think this kid might have something

had Madrid, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City Munich and Barcelona

think Madrid have got lucky to get him tho, was all set for a move to Barcelona according to Guillem Balagué but after the appeal was turned down for the transfer embargo he had to go somewhere else
  • Hmmmm, these international caps... Not for ice hockey by any chance are they? ;-/
  • Over £4M a year for a 16yr old. He could never kick a ball for the first team and he would make more money than I will in my life time!

• Another one Roland missed out on... when will we show some ambition? FFS

There is always the chance of a loan. We could pay 5% of his wages.
  • Literally the milky bars are on him.
  • My Nan could get double figures in the Norwegian league though.
  • sounds like he should be in a Thor film!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    And we wonder why football is going up its own arse!!!!! Sorry, but this just makes me puke. I understand market forces and all that but please don't tell me that the bubble won't burst somewhere along the line. Good luck to the lad but I increasingly feel numbed to our once glorious game. It's things like this that makes me cling to the hope that maybe, just maybe, Roland is on to something and there is a better way..........

Edit. Not holding my breath.
  • My Nan could get double figures in the Norwegian league though.

That may be true but does she know the perfect hair length for highlights?
  • Only recently turned 16 so wasn't even old enough to be on FM until Sports Interactive asked his dad to post a tweet giving them permission to include him in the game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2830499/Martin-Odegaard-added-Football-Manager-2015-father-15-year-old-wonderkid-Norway-grants-permission.html
  • se9addick said:

If I'd earned £80k a week at 16 I'd be dead by 17

I'm 29, not sure I'd make 30 with that sort of money.
  • Crazy money. I don't care how good he is, 80k a week is criminal.

Fair play to the lad though, hardly going to turn down that sort of money.

Wouldn't be surprised to read about him in a few years time and that he's fallen by the way side. Hope not though. Still if he does then he won't have to worry about money that's for sure.
  • Its a move that puts Real Madrid's name in the headlines and in a couple of years people will be buying shirts with his name on, if they haven't started already.

Thats what its all about for a club like that.

A club like Ajax or Feyenoord would have been PERFECT.
  • on the bench for Madrid's first team tonight

what was you doing when you was 16 years and 133 days old lol
  • Revising for my GCSEs.
  • Sponsored links:

• on the bench for Madrid's first team tonight

what was you doing when you was 16 years and 133 days old lol

Probably the same thing I'm doing right now.

Meant to be revising.

Sat on Charlton bloody life.
  • Working on the turnstiles at the Valley and drinking vodka iron brew we'd managed to get the Spar to serve us.

Not at the same time.
  • stayed on the bench

bit disapointed really they went 3-0 up on the 84th minute and had a sub left, if that was me I would have given him a little run out
  • Working on the turnstiles at the Valley and drinking vodka iron brew we'd managed to get the Spar to serve us.

Not at the same time.

Do you prefer Robert or Rob?