Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carl Jenkinson - 12 million quid!

Did we include any sell ons when we sold him to Arsenal, if so could help Roland's transfer kitty.

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?7728422||mc=w||

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Unfortunately you're dreaming, Mendonca.

Jenkinson was out of contract when Arsenal signed him - so no registration transfer fee was payable.

What we got was £1mill or so, young player development fee, as he was under 23.
    Never heard of a sell-on clause with that.

• Oggy Red said:

Jenkinson was out of contract when Arsenal signed him - so no registration transfer fee was payable.

I believe we negotiated a sell on clause with West Ham for Poyet - so it is possible. I could be wrong there though.
  • Oggy Red said:

is that not how Bournemouth got money from Lallana
  • I blame Katrien and Roland
  • Did we include any sell ons when we sold him to Arsenal, if so could help Roland's pocket.

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?7728422||mc=w||

• I doubt a sell on fee was sought.
    A few months prior to him going to arsenal, we'd deemed him Eastbourne borough level.
  • It was a straightforward transfer I think.If there was no sell on clause the sellers must have been total idiots.
  • I doubt a sell on fee was sought.
    A few months prior to him going to arsenal, we'd deemed him Eastbourne borough level.

We seem to have that effect on most players
  • bobmunro said:

Oggy Red said:

I believe we negotiated a sell on clause with West Ham for Poyet - so it is possible. I could be wrong there though.
    Should have gone for loan on clause.
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:

It was a straightforward transfer I think.If there was no sell on clause the sellers must have been total idiots.

Most people on this board didn't rate him at the time...
  • Southbank said:

It was a straightforward transfer I think.If there was no sell on clause the sellers must have been total idiots.

It was 4 years ago when he was 18
  • edited January 2015
    I rate him, and the move to West Ham has seen him really push on and develop. But 12m? crazy price.
  • I still think Chris Solly is the better player. I'm not joking.

I know where you're coming from. Solly is more accomplished. Sadly, with the injury problem, I'm not so sure he will reach the level he deserves to. Bit like RIchard Rufus. Obviously want him to stay at Charlton, but I'd certainly not begrudge him a premiership move.

I'd have agreed before he got this knee issue. Jenkinson is better going forward, no doubt

Solly's problem (and our benefit) is that he's not tall enough (So teams dont want to give him a chance) not to mention his knees, if he was as tall as Jenkinson and was injury free then he'd be England's Right Back in my opinion
    Totally agree. Before Hodgson finally picked Clyne England were desperate for a decent right back. Solly would have been a shoe-in were not for his injury problems.

I still think Chris Solly is the better player. I'm not joking.

I know where you're coming from. Solly is more accomplished. Sadly, with the injury problem, I'm not so sure he will reach the level he deserves to. Bit like RIchard Rufus. Obviously want him to stay at Charlton, but I'd certainly not begrudge him a premiership move.
    And for this reason. We're very lucky to still have him. I wouldn't begrudge him the move he deserves whatsoever.
  • Southbank said:

When Arsenal bought him, the general consensus was why, and most people here thought £1m was a decent fee for him
  • Southbank said:

When Arsenal bought him, the general consensus was why, and most people here thought £1m was a decent fee for him
    Not forgetting he only actually played about 7 games, so that fee probably was good at the time.

More fed up we only got 1.6m (? May have been 1.9) for Shelvey.
  • 12 Mil for Jenkinson ?.

The world has finally gone mad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:

Not forgetting he only actually played about 7 games, so that fee probably was good at the time.

More fed up we only got 1.6m (? May have been 1.9) for Shelvey.
    Thing in Shelvey's career has very much stalled whilst Jenkinson going to West Ham has seen his flourish a bit, wouldnt be surprised if Carl and Clyne were England's first choice in that department soon
  • this £12 Million is just Arsenals valuation not what West Ham will pay, arsenal probably only done that to put west ham off and if west ham are stupid enough to pay it then arsenal are laughing

Solly's problem (and our benefit) is that he's not tall enough (So teams dont want to give him a chance) not to mention his knees, if he was as tall as Jenkinson and was injury free then he'd be England's Right Back in my opinion

I didn't realise height was such a big factor. I can see it being an advantage but some of the best full backs I've seen are small. This is coming from a man who is 5ft 7 though.

I didn't realise height was such a big factor. I can see it being an advantage but some of the best full backs I've seen are small. This is coming from a man who is 5ft 7 though.
    I dont feel height is an issue either but your forever hearing of clubs who have released kids cos they're too small etc... we did it with that lad now at Peterborough from Dulwich whilst the same happened to Luke Shaw and Tyrone Mings
  • Adrian Durham's over inflated his value banging on about him on TalkSport all the time.

I remember him doing an interview with him about a year ago. Durham kept saying next England RB. Then they had a debate about it around a month ago. Of course he didn't even mention him. More opinionated tripe from Durham. I tweeted Durham to remind him of said interview, no response.
  • edited January 2015

The Jenkinson fee was £1.5m, plus £250k in add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on.

If there was a sell on clause I'd be shocked if the spivs didn't cash it in before they swanned off.

• So 15% of £12M = £1.8M!

Papa Smurf laughing all the way to the bank (as long as he can persuade those 'Appy 'Ammers to shell out...)
  • edited January 2015

The Jenkinson fee was £1.5m, plus £250k in add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on (over and above).

This is what funded the team building in 2012. I was sceptical about that in part because I originally believed the fee was less, but this is reliable.

So say Arsenal do sell him for 12m, we would get roughly 1.5m of the 10.5m profit?