Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keith Andrews on loan?

edited January 2015 in Rumours
Rumours doing the rounds on FB that Keith Andrews is joining us on loan.

A proven Championship player who would add a bit if bite to our midfield. Also has no SL links.

I see this as a positive step in the right direction if true.

Comments

• 34 now though - seems old for the style of player he is (or, at least, used to be)
  • But probably in the right sort of pay bracket ;-(
  • Do you mean to say you've not been checking the Paulie the Power rumour thread? ;)
  • If its on Facebook it must be true lol
  • Not good enough for Bolton,Brighton and now Watford,
    Why would he be good enough for CAFC?
  • Transfer window open....... Cue same old names being bandied about. Next will be Hayden Mullins & Sam Baldock
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Transfer window open....... Cue same old names being bandied about. Next will be Hayden Mullins & Sam Baldock

I don't recall us ever having been linked to Andrews before though or am I mistaken?
  • If Jackson is too old and doesn't have the legs, how will he? No thanks.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Transfer window open....... Cue same old names being bandied about. Next will be Hayden Mullins & Sam Baldock

I don't recall us ever having been linked to Andrews before though or am I mistaken?
    I think he was rumoured to be coming before he joined Bolton.

No thanks from me, would feel like a Mark Gower effect of being experienced but not really offering much.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I think he was rumoured to be coming before he joined Bolton.

No thanks from me, would feel like a Mark Gower effect of being experienced but not really offering much.
    hahaha wondered how quickly Gowers name would be mentioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw him play for Watford early season and thought he looked good. Controlled play.
  • edited January 2015
    Ruled out on grounds of dodgy haircut surely!!!!
  • Should have got him last season when his surname was on the FRONT of our shirts. (We all dream of a team of Andrews).
  • Too old, too short, & too .......
  • Should have got him last season when his surname was on the FRONT of our shirts. (We all dream of a team of Andrews).

Yeah, but if we got him now, at least it would save printing, as his name would be on the back of everyones shirt........................
  • Rather chalobah
  • Good shout
  • Seen him once early this season for Watford .. he bossed their midfield but is not fancied by the newish manager .. yes he's 34, still younger than J Jackson, but tenacious, experienced, knows where and when to pass or hold, he will do a VERY good job for us .. get him signed up !!!!
  • Seen him once early this season for Watford .. he bossed their midfield but is not fancied by the newish manager .. yes he's 34, still younger than J Jackson, but tenacious, experienced, knows where and when to pass or hold, he will do a VERY good job for us .. get him signed up !!!!

Agree with this. Still a good player and better than what we currently have.

Agree with this. Still a good player and better than what we currently have.
    quote: I meant OLDER than J Jackson .. Andrews just might look a little younger ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• He was on Sunday Supplement yesterday and came across pretty well. More intelligent than your average footballer. Certainly wouldn't expect to see him jumping into a tackle he was never going to win while on a yellow like a certain Mr Buyens.
  • Heavily linked to us in June 2012, but went Bolton instead (that was the summer Cash walked away after we got promoted, and most of our targets never materialised)
  • off topic a bit: I have been interested this year to see how several 'unsung and unrecognised' experienced jobbing midfielders have done good, nay indispensable jobs for their successful teams: E.G >Clayton at Boro, Douglas at Brentford, Andrews at Watford .. they all follow the dictum KISS .. keep it simple (as much as possible) stupid
  • I think Clayton at Boro is a quality player.