Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*(NOT ENTIRELY false) RUMOUR* Bob Peeters sacked, Guy Luzon coming in.

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
A few Israeli accounts on Twitter saying that Peeters has been sacked and that Former Liege boss Guy Luzon is coming in. Still early days yet so might be untrue. As for Luzon, he wasn't at all liked by Liege fans, so I don't know how that will go.

Comments

• Ha ha. Will go to sleep now and see where this has got to by morning...
  • Really hope this is a rumour. Bob has done ok and deserves until the end of the season at the very least for us to be able to judge him and even then it would depend on what happens this window. Any links to these Twatter rumours?
  • Welcome guy Luzon
  • edited January 2015
    Raphael Gellar ‏@raphaelg23 2 hours ago
    According to @WallaSport, Guy Luzon might be named @CAFCofficial manager very soon.

-----

Well, according to me, we might be signing Leo Messi very soon. The above tweet is where the rumour has started but it's so unsubstantial I wouldn't bother worrying about it just yet.
  • edited January 2015

Ha ha. Will go to sleep now and see where this has got to by morning...

This will go 10 pages by the end of tomorrow I reckon. By which point we will miraculously have someone claim to have a mate who is well in the know about Israeli football to give us a first hand low down on this mush - blood type and what he last played on his iPod.

Then nothing will happen.
  • Rumours from Israel twitter accounts! I know Bob Peeters is on a tight rope, but to be sacked and Guy Luzon coming in is just too much!
  • Interesting that when he resigned from Standard in October the official statement said that he had stepped down as head coach 'but would remain active in the network of Clubs'. I am fearing that this is actually true.
  • Sponsored links:

• either way , tony watt ill be a happy bunny!
  • Been expecting a thread like this. However you never know what can happen in football. Tomorrow might be interesting. What @LargeAddick‌ said is alarming
  • But Luzon has hair!! Our song for Bob is gone!!!!
  • Seems a very leftfield thing for someone to be starting a rumour about. My gut says there may very well be something in this. It's not like Roland doesn't have a bit of previous.
  • edited January 2015

Interesting that when he resigned from Standard in October the official statement said that he had stepped down as head coach 'but would remain active in the network of Clubs'. I am fearing that this is actually true.

I just read a translated version of the WALL!foot article which stated he currently holds a advisor-type role in which he would visit the network clubs ...
    also from the same article it didn't sound like peeters was sacked (if true!) to be immediately replaced by Luzon ... just that Luzon was a candidate - something that I personally think is more plausible with the whole karel fraeye 'the bell rings for me!' quote!
  • Time this thread is done Roy Keane will be our manager and curbs his assistant.
  • Time this thread is done Roy Keane will be our manager and curbs his assistant.

I heard that rumour... Now where was it? Ah yes, it was here! Please feel free to propagate it around the twattersphere...
  • sammy391 said:

Interesting that when he resigned from Standard in October the official statement said that he had stepped down as head coach 'but would remain active in the network of Clubs'. I am fearing that this is actually true.

I just read a translated version of the WALL!foot article which stated he currently holds a advisor-type role in which he would visit the network clubs ...
    also from the same article it didn't sound like peeters was sacked (if true!) to be immediately replaced by Luzon ... just that Luzon was a candidate - something that I personally think is more plausible with the whole karel fraeye 'the bell rings for me!' quote!
    So Roland would need a new advisor?

• Genuinely fuming if this is true.
    Hope and think it isn't :)
  • Sponsored links:

• We're having a small wobble and Bob hasn't really been given much in the way of players. He's done ok, maybe playing players out of position doesn't help but with a bit of investment we could get to the playoffs.
  • Wouldn't be happy with this. Peeters should probably be given some more time. If Roland was to be replace peeters at this current time then the only person I'd be pleased to see replace him is Riga.
  • It's on! Just saw him and RD having a cup of tea in the Valley Cafe
  • Thing is this has the ring of truth about it, RD does love to replace a coach/manager. The worrying thing is before we signed TBH it was revealed on twitter accounts emanating from Israel in advance of the announcement.
  • Has Bob only got a contract to the end of the season?
  • Who guy luzon please
  • I'd prefer Riga back
  • What a crock of palace I mean shit if true