Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Frank Lampard

You can say what you like about Mr Lampard but these figures speak for themselves:

Total Appearances: 844, Goals 251

Total National Appearances: 103, Goals 29

Staggering stats...and from a midfielder! A genuine World class player.

Comments

• past it. move on
  • Fat frank gave my mate his last ever Chelsea shirt
  • shine166 said:

Fat frank gave my mate his last ever Chelsea shirt

If he has kids they could use it as a tent.
  • You can say what you like about Mr Lampard but these figures speak for themselves:

Ive never understood the beef against lampard. Seems like a decent enough person and a good professional.

Envy comes into it alot. He has flopped for england on the big occasions, but hes not the only one.
  • The best game I saw from him live was when West Ham beat us at the valley just before his Chelsea move. He was getting abuse from the start and in hindsight it wasn't too clever because he ripped us apart and scored at least one great goal. Fantastic player, I hope he enjoys himself in the States.
  • I have nothing against Lampard, apart from the dive outside the area when we played them last game of the season, but I can live with that. Wish him the best of luck.
  • Seems a decent bloke. Great for Chelsea, just not for England.
  • You can say what you like about Mr Lampard but these figures speak for themselves:

Total League Appearances: 586, Goals 251

Can't knock his record but those figures are wrong. It's 172 league goals.

251 is his overall total, which took 844 games.

Total League Appearances: 586, Goals 251

Can't knock his record but those figures are wrong. It's 172 league goals.

251 is his overall total, which took 844 games.
    Yeah you're right, I'd misread the table...i'll edit it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lampard

• Extended his loan at Man City until the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's some career 13 consecutive seasons at Chelsea after 5 and a bit at West Ham. 106 international appearances.

I'm struggling to think of another father-son pairing where the son's playing record is such an improvement on the father's.
  • Extended his loan at Man City until the end of the season.

The Yanks are not happy at all. NY had been using Lampard (& David Villa) as the main guys in their ads to push season ticket sales. Makes the new franchise look like very poor Etihad cousins, rather than serious contenders in the US game.
  • Should've been made England captain after Beckham. Not the drug cheat Rio or the bar brawler Gerrard or the (too many to name) Terry.
  • TelMc32 said:

Extended his loan at Man City until the end of the season.

The Yanks are not happy at all. NY had been using Lampard (& David Villa) as the main guys in their ads to push season ticket sales. Makes the new franchise look like very poor Etihad cousins, rather than serious contenders in the US game.
    NYC are owned by City though.
  • Stig said:

That's some career 13 consecutive seasons at Chelsea after 5 and a bit at West Ham. 106 international appearances.

I'm struggling to think of another father-son pairing where the son's playing record is such an improvement on the father's.

Wasn't Pele's dad a lower league footballer in Brazil ?
  • edited January 2015
    Our own Don Townsend 249 league apps for Charlton & 77 Palarse / Andy Townsend 493 senior league apps for 6 clubs (Chelsea, Boro, Villa & WBA in the prem) & Eire 70 caps.
  • se9addick said:

Stig said:

That's some career 13 consecutive seasons at Chelsea after 5 and a bit at West Ham. 106 international appearances.

Well, I never knew that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dondinho
  • se9addick said:

Stig said:

I bet Don wasn't a shit pundit though.
  • Stig said:

I think you're forgetting Jordi Cruyff.

• Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Stig said:

I bet Don wasn't a shit pundit though.
    I bet he could work the quote button though. ;-)
  • Incredible player Lampard. I'v never understood why he always gets abuse but I think that's helped his career as he always seems to show up better in response. Wish England had made more use of him
  • TelMc32 said:

NYC are owned by City though.
    That's why I referenced them as "Etihad cousins".

;-)
  • TelMc32 said:

Similar to Standard Liege, they pushed their season ticket sales with Yoni Buyens , Tony Watt (& Thuram) as the main guys in their ads. SL just have to accept that they're the very poor cousins and we're the serious contenders in this thrilling Belgian footballing experiment
  • Been a top class Premiership player without any question and has always displayed a great attitude to the game in my opinion a role model for any young player. Good luck to him whatever he does next as I have said before when discussiing players I always ask the question "Would I have liked him at Charlton?" in Franks case it's a no brainer.
  • Can understand why the new NYC fans are angry but got no sympathy for anyone who buys a season ticket to see one player.
  • Been a top class Premiership player without any question and has always displayed a great attitude to the game in my opinion a role model for any young player. Good luck to him whatever he does next as I have said before when discussiing players I always ask the question "Would I have liked him at Charlton?" in Franks case it's a no brainer.

Matt spring would have kept him out of the charlton team.
  • LOL ricky I doubt Matt Spring could have kept me out of the team!
  • LOL ricky I doubt Matt Spring could have kept me out of the team!

Can you play left back or as a target man Dave? ;-)
  • I am certainly fat enough to be an easy target Red!