Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone on here paying over £70 a month for their phone?

edited December 2014 in Not Sports Related
Have a word with yourself will you!!

Been looking to change mine ,and the prices some people are obviously paying is obscene!!

Comments

• 70 quid no
  • £70? What can you get for that, a Nokia 3310? Cheap skates.
  • Have just taken a risk on talktalk mobile, sim only £5 a month plus should be getting £31.50 cashback. So that's just £28.50 for the year. Happy days (providing the reception is any good!)
  • Those paying close to tis kind of money will have more data a month but crucially much of the monthly excess is like an interest free loan for an expensive handset that is reduced with larger contracts.

I paid £789 for my phone but only pay £16.50 for unlimited calls and texts. An extra £50 a month for a year and a handset for £189 works out the same but I would, I assume, have more benefits on my contract.

• I paid £789 for my phone

Is that a typo?

Have you slipped a 9 in there by mistake?

My predictive text sometimes types 'phone' where it should type 'car'

;/)
  • I paid £789 for my phone but only pay £16.50 for unlimited calls and texts.

It obviously works for you but £800 just for the handset!! That would be just too painful for me shell out in one go...on a phone!
    For that kinda money i'd expect it to run 'round the house with a hoover once a week....

• Sponsored links:

• I'm a cheapskate. Own my own phone. Virgin mobile contract 500 mins, Unlimited texts, 1Gb internet £5 p/m. Sim only is the way if you aren't a techno geek that absolutely must have the last gadget. There is a growing movement of 'downgraders' who are keeping old phone's and switching to sim only deals as soon as their contracted period ends. Remember all contracts used to be 12 months, whereas now they are 24 months (as a rule). This is clearly due to the company's recuperating the cost of the handset.
  • £41/m on three. Truly unlimited data (4G), 2000 minutes and unlimited texts. Free Galaxy note 3 which I got on launch day. Not too bad I don't think
  • I'm a cheapskate. Own my own phone. Virgin mobile contract 500 mins, Unlimited texts, 1Gb internet £5 p/m. Sim only is the way if you aren't a techno geek that absolutely must have the last gadget. There is a growing movement of 'downgraders' who are keeping old phone's and switching to sim only deals as soon as their contracted period ends. Remember all contracts used to be 12 months, whereas now they are 24 months (as a rule). This is clearly due to the company's recuperating the cost of the handset.

Nah don't make you (or me) a cheapskate mate, if it meets your needs and you're happy then it would be foolish to pay more.
  • Pay as you go. A ten pound top-up lasts me over a year.
  • Pay as you go. A ten pound top-up lasts me over a year.

Yep, me too, only I probably get through a tennersworth in two months due to the fact that every time the Me'm Sahib texts me I have to acknowledge it.

It's my own fault. She wants confirmation that I've read her text because I have a habit of leaving my phone in the car or even not taking it to work with me at all so she never knows if I've read her message (something important like telling me to get some milk on the way home because we've nearly run out) unless I confirm it.

If it wasn't for confirmation texts, my ten quid would probably last me all year too.
  • I put a tenner top up on my phone about 3 years ago and still have about 9 quid left. Sadly the handset is knackered so I have not been able to switch it on recently!
  • In answer to the original question, yes I have paid that much. But only 'cos I could charge it to expenses!
  • 48.99 a month, didn't pay for my z3 and that includes 5 a month for insurance, I have 10gb data a month on a 4GEE deal
  • edited January 2015
    I'm paying £16.50 pm to Virgin for unlimited texts, data and calls. Went online to my account yesterday to be notified my next month's bill will be £33. Couldn't fathom out why Virgin want to double my next payment so got through to Virgin mobile India and was informed that my payment date is changing from the 1st each month to the 7th and that this was the adjustment to the payment period. I made it quite clear to them that a 7 day adjustment does not amount to a whole month payment upon which they agreed to take £20 with the pro data adjustment working out at £3.50. I urge anyone with Virgin mobile contracts to check your accounts asap.
  • I think I pay about £35 a month. It's the insurance on top thats a killer, I may have to switch that over to my bank.

- Unlimited Data, at really decent speeds.
    - Unlimited Texts
    - 600 minutes
    - Free 0800/0808/0500 calls
    - No additional charges in certain countries (Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, United States)
    - Free Wifi on the underground
    - No Signal Issues

I can thoroughly recommend Three.